• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

Truck will not start, fuel pressure @ 4-7 psi, flow after 30sec. app 8 oz. This will be the fourth pump.

[*] :banghead:

The last two were the "campaign" pump. I've read the thread "fuel pump issues" but the last post to it was March of 09. What is a good pump that will give me 17 psi, last for more than 50k miles, and not brake the bank?

• Staff

I'm leaning towards a Raptor fuel pump, the 100 gph unit. The set up now is fuel pump and a Nappa (10 micron) fuel filter on the frame rail plumbed with 3/8 hose to the main filter. I only use this truck to tow my 8k lb 5er with a 500lb boat in back of that. The truck has 69,500 mi and is lightly bombed. By the way I bought those "campaign" pumps in 06. This was "the fix" at the time, now we know better.

• Staff

I've been thinking out side the box about using a bosch fuel pump and a pressure regulator. I can get the fuel pump new for app $100 or all most new for $25. the pressure regulator is $30. I all ready have the fuel pump, mounting bracket, and bushings in stock. The pump is used for 1983-1992 Volvos and puts out 90 gph and over 100psi. What do you all think? Yes it's a gas pump but I don't think diesel will hurt it.

Can you regulate to 15-18psi?And whats the GPH at 15-18psi through the system?Hard to say how good it would be without rigging it up as your parasitic friction losses would be hard to estimate, but it might end up being decent if you can get decent flows at 16psi or so.

• Staff

I just finished testing flow rate with no restriction, 5gal in 6.8min or 43.6gal/hr. That was with a 1/2" pickup hose and a 5/16" discharge hose. I took apart an old core and found the discharge side was 5/32". I could drill it out some ( 2/32") but it may not give me the results I'm looking for.