• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wth?!

• Owner

Just had a member join the site and get upset because he's not allowed to publicly post up a article about company. This article was going to be about negative information about this company. I do allow voices of opinion to be posted back here in the premium forums but I don't like it on the public forums. I've ran into this problem and had a member here post an article about a shop and his feelings of it. Well what happened was the article happened to land right below the company web site in the search engine. So I had to delete the thread and then patch up things with the company... Then I had to contact the search engine and have the link removed. So... Oh well sorry I couldn't help the guy but I got to cover my arse too... I don't need to be sued by a company because of a back post... :rolleyes:

• Owner

Right out of the Terms of Use... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=145

However, we and our agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Terms of Use and any other rules of user conduct for our site, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate.

In this case I'm not sure of the information the member possible might want to post about another company or business... I don't want the site to become someone sounding board... :rolleyes: Basically goes back to simple rule... "If you don't have something nice to say just keep it to yourself." I do understand having opinions about different sites and companies but I prefer that these kind of comments or opinions be kept out of the eyes of the public (search engines). Just better that way... :thumbup2:

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

So tell me.... What should a guy do that really does have a legitimate complaint about a product or company and the guy telling the details about it is telling the truth?Shouldn't it be his or her duty to warn others in some way or another? What if the product in question is expensive, in the 30,000 dollars range? What can you do to help others?Seems to me it's not the forums fault... it would be up to the company to sue the poster and would thereby have to prove that the guy posting the complaint is lying. If the guys is telling the truth he can't get sued right? :shrug:

It seems to me that this & similar product sites are ALL ABOUT manufacturor's products, the good, the bad & the ugly. We choose to own & use these products. Anything man by man can have problems. And any repair job can go South. (I ran a boat yard mechanic shop for 17 years... we had our share. But we always did what ever it took to solve them and then figured out how to treat the customer fairly.) If someone has a bad experience with a product or service, we should be about helping solve the problem... for everyone's benifit. I'll want to know if they contacted the company & what was done to solve the problem. We rely on the honor system. Seldom is there a way to check the member's account of things. So we have a one sided account. I'd note here that much of what we do is ooutside the OEM warentee system. Modifications which void the warentee. Modifications done after the warentee has expired. Aftermarket products which do not meet the OEM configuration. So we rely on the aftermarket companies knowing that we are largely experimenting on our own. I grew up with Hot Rods & Street / Strip cars. We knew we were on our own! If a new member comes here to solve a problem, to fairly (honor system remember) discuss a problem, we should help him. If a new member comes here to use this forum as a place to trash a manufacturer, rather than solve the issue then I agree it should not be allowed. The new member has to choose, in order to remain a member.

• Staff

As soon as you go blabbing on the net everything that happened bad with a company your opening up your chances of being sued for libel. It's a serious matter when a newspaper mistakenly prints info. about someone that hurts their reputation.However, if the details show that the company is in the wrong, fraudulent, defective, negligent.... whatever shouldn't that information be passed along to others???Who wants to buy a turbo made by Yugo?

I think one can... and people have... written critical posts. BUT it must be worded very carefully and limited to one's personal experiences. "YMMV" "Management" here is always more than fair... I trust Mike to make this call.

• Staff

I think one can... and people have... written critical posts. BUT it must be worded very carefully and limited to one's personal experiences. "YMMV" "Management" here is always more than fair... I trust Mike to make this call.

Thank you for this thought and I do think we have a certain amount of resposibility to one another to steer clear of some things. We are all in this together. Sometimes a good response from a company can be had from someones complaint. Often willing to take the complaint in a very positive manner, treating the situation as a tremendious oppurtunity, they take every chance to make it right and if that gets posted too, well, then that is a very good thing for the company and client.:thumbup2: Being too quick to get sue happy can really hurt your business a big big bunch.

I think there is plenty of room here and else where for an honest product review and experiences with coutomer service on working out any problems that were encountered. it is a good way to know about what is out there. when someone uses this or any other forum as a bully pulpit just to bash something or some one while they are PO'ed could get a little dicey, especially for Mike. Alot of folks will just type away and post and never give what they say. It all makes sense when you are PO'ed. I have to respond to emails on the job that put me in that position on some accasions. When I get one I respond imediately, but when I am done I dont send it. I wait awhile, go back reread it, and maybe rewrite the whole thing with a differant prospective. sometimes not and I send it. Any way, I would still have to defer to Mike's judgement.

• Like 1

I must admit it is nice to know Mike cares because some folks can get carried away. I quit being a vendor on a form because of what I felt was bulling and the owner did not do anything about it. There is to sides to a story sometimes we think we are right but in fact we may not be right.The holding the e mail is what I try to do when I have touchy issue. I always think of a better way to say it after I send the e mail.Bill

• Like 1

• Staff

now, if I did have a problem with a certain company or 2nd gen product you guys would not want to hear about it??? :nono: Or would you??? :thumbup2: What if I posted in a very sober manner nothing but what actually happened?? No rant , wouldn't you want to know????I really JUST don't know, but, I guess what is being discussed here, is when there is a bad deal with a company is it okay to post about it if you stay positive?

Don't see any issue posting bad dealings with company. It's a forum and opinion. Guess it just depends what was being said. Most people jump the gun though. I got a few issues right now with a well known vendor .... I'll just send him a feedback privately when it's done .... Anyway .... Like I said depends on content and the way it's said ...

• Owner

I must admit it is nice to know Mike cares because some folks can get carried away. I quit being a vendor on a form because of what I felt was bulling and the owner did not do anything about it. There is to sides to a story sometimes we think we are right but in fact we may not be right. The holding the e mail is what I try to do when I have touchy issue. I always think of a better way to say it after I send the e mail. Bill

I do care about everyone vendors, user, family member your all important people you deserve to be heard in a family like conversation where we discuss products. But the way I was brought up if you don't have something good to say about a company then keep you mouth closed. If you have a issues with a company speak with the company behind close doors. But just because you got the bad end of the stick on a deal or product still should be broadcast in the public. Because still in all its still just hear say on one person. Now being total honest here too... Like with AMSOil or synthetics oil I don't believe in the products nor the hype. But I don't go around beating Bill's post to death how I don't believe in a product. My prerogative to not agree with all products but once again I'm not taking out on Bill either... We still care about you Bill... :thumbup2:

now, if I did have a problem with a certain company or 2nd gen product you guys would not want to hear about it??? :nono: Or would you??? :thumbup2: What if I posted in a very sober manner nothing but what actually happened?? No rant , wouldn't you want to know???? I really JUST don't know, but, I guess what is being discussed here, is when there is a bad deal with a company is it okay to post about it if you stay positive?

That just it if it posted in a very reasonable manner I don't see any reason why not. But also in the same token allow the vendor/manufacture to speak too without blowing it up in a cat fight. Like myself I've already contacted and spoke with AirDog directly about there product and problems and never even got a response to it. As a matter of fact they where suppose to join the site but never did. (Went back and double checked) and no they didn't join even after the offer and the information on how to improve the product. To this day I will warn potential buyers of AirDog products of the quick connect system and the mountings and what might happen with the systems. But I never go out and create a sole thread aiming to bash on AirDog products. I think this where the problem lies is the fact when people post a sole thread about a product it goes both ways with haters and lovers of the product and the member start to duke it out virtually. The vendor attempts to inject information and kill the myth of his product but get over run with flames. So I'd be will to allow discussion of products also long we keep it civil and polite. Also remember the vendors are allowed to create a store front in the group area and control as they see fit. You can discuss your products, sales, etc. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/group.php?do=grouplist&cat=3

I think this is very variable. As in, you can't just come out and start a huge uproar saying cummins is crap, you will never buy a cummins again, you will sue their living daylights out, just because you got a 53 block that cracked.. As far as I know, dodge does everything in their power to cover everything that is under warranty when it does break and only for the duration of the warranty. Coming out after the warranty is up and lashing out at cummins just because their design didn't hold up forever is ridiculous. I know nobody did this it is just an example....On the other hand, there was a post a week or so ago about transmissions here and someone posted a thread about DTT. It was a hugggge thread about how DTT didn't answer calls, wouldn't pay, etc. Now I don't have a problem with that. You can't pamper 10 customers and pee on 1. It's something called reputation.. You built it with those 10 so if after those 10 you decided not to care, so be it, we will make a note of it and make sure everyone else knows about it as well. For every 1 good reputation story there are 100 bad ones, stories that could have derived just from that 1 thread per say. It hurts their reputation, even if they do build good transmissions (assuming here). From what I understand he eventually fixed the problem. I think the customer had to go public to ruin his reputation enough to get him to listen. It's sad but I would do the same thing. A lot of people don't have time to wait for $1000 to be returned at a date TBD. That might mean having to wait for the money so you can afford to take it somewhere else, next thing you know it has taken 3 months to get your transmission built. So I do see it both ways. I would however, delete the thread once the issue was resolved... The thread was a "threat" and the solution was the "ransom" so when the ransom is paid there should no longer be a threat (delete the thread). I don't believe the 53 block thing to be defamation though, merely an issue that people should know about, which is how it has been treated over the years, as well it should. Now there is some people who get ticked off at a company for personal crap. Not sending fast enough, not polishing their shoes just right.... and then those people join all the forums and post crap about the company in anger. That might have been the case here with whatever he deleted. So yes, everything is variable and I think Mike knows which things should stay or go. If I posted something about how big oil sucks I think Mike would let it stay :lmao: