• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well ive had my truck for 4 years and it finally happened

It broke down on me today, was going down the highway, it started to lose power and white/blue smoke real bad (not sure what i was more concerned about getting off the 4 lane highway i was on than paying attention to the smoke lol) then before i could get pulled over it died and would not restart. No codes with the key trick, had it towed to a well trusted shop and theyre gonna get to it first thing in the morning, i was headed to a doc appt and didnt have time. Not to mention with my schedule here lately i wouldnt have time to work on it of i wanted to. We'll see tomorrow i guess.-Jordan-

I know the owner of the shop and him and his wife are practically family and know all of his mechanics. He'll tell me the codes and if i have any doubts i can go out to the truck and hook the scanner up myself. -Jordan-

Ha - then your good :) waiting for the word ...

Well good news and bad news, the bill is cheap but you always feel like an idiot when u run out of fuel! Apparently in the past month or so my fuel gauge has become quite a bit inaccurate because it was at 1/4 when it died And ive been down to 1/8 and even the low fuel light a time or two, so other than $30 worth of diesel i owe the shop nothing but ill be ordering the fuel level sender tonight! lol-Jordan-

• Owner

Strange... I've never ran out of fuel ever... :shrug:Even when my fuel gauge started acting up I could see the wild movements and strange behaviour so I would just hook up the ScanGauge II and use it for my temporary fuel gauge. Like right now my 1996 has a damaged gauge and the ScanGauge II is hooked up over there now. :wink:

Dont feel bad. That happened to me a few years back. My friend towed me with his FORD. That hurt the most. New sending unit and i am good to go. My fuel gauge said 1/4 tank.When you fill up hit the trip that way you will know.

I have done it 3 times in 10+ years. The last 2 were after someone( dodge and me) was in the tank. Each time it changed how th gauge read. But as mentioned above I reset the trip-o-meter and use that as muvh or more than the gauge. Both times I was pushing it pretty far. SO I am :lmao2:with you also>

Hit the trip and keep on truckin:lmao2: Mine has been stuck on full for three years, I am so used to checking fuel mileage I dont even need the gauge anymore. Watch the fuel pressure and she will tell you when you need fuel :thumb1: