• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi guys/gals, I have installed a PowerPuck, boost fooler and a boost elbow. I have been adjusting the set screw on the elbow but it seems the 25 or 27 is the most boost I can get. Is 25 - 27 psi the most an HX35 will put out?Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can push the HX35 farther (heard of people pushing them up to 50psi) with enough fuel but the generally accepted max safe boost with the HX35 is 30-35psi.

Generally anything over about 35 psi doesn't help you, all it does is heat the air (think of a compressor discharge line). 35 PSI will support 400 hp, but will be a bit smokey with WOT.

Yes. I have read over 35 etc. Thanks everyone for the input. ...Moparman, I just watched your video. It looks like you can jump yours up and over 30 or 32 psi. Two questions: how is your turbo modified and what RPM are you at when you hit 30psi. Thanks again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Owner

The only mod on the turbo is the boost elbow that came with the Edge Comp that all. Completely stock turbo! I can hit the 35 PSI pin while towing my Jayco travel trailer easy. As for RPM's normal 1,500 to 2,500 span... Nothing crazy... AirDog 150 Fuel System Stock VP44 Injection Pump Stock HX35 Turbo With Edge Comp Boost Elbow Edge Comp (5x5 & Wire Tapped) RV275 Injectors 3" Straight Piped Exhaust BHAF That it in a nut shell... As for old Dyno run back in 2007 I made 381/831 without the RV275 Injectors. I'm guessing I right close to 400 HP... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/members-rides/17-mopar1973man/145-2002-dodge-ram-dyno-results The group I ran with... :whistle:http://idahoturbodiesels.com/articles/?p=9

was that a GTO i saw at 46 seconds? I see you have 30 psi, i cant reach any more than 25 maxed out, but then again this is on stock injectors with 179,000 miles. Good thing i got RV725's im gonna install this week!

I have stock injectors and could make 40 psi before i put in the boost elbow. Not sure why other than my mileage is quite a bit lower:shrug:

I have stock injectors and could make 40 psi before i put in the boost elbow. Not sure why other than my mileage is quite a bit lower:shrug:

30 is the absolute best i can reach with my stock injectors and boost elbow.. and it's usually a "touch 30 then back to 28" kinda thing. Towing included. My 12V with 3K gsk and #10 fuel plate was another story. 40-45psi was quite easy.. and too high, obviously.

Going much beyond 30 psi boost without head studs or improved head bolts risks blowing a head gasket. Many folks do it and get away with it but eventually you WILL pay the piper. I agree that in most applications for normal use that 30-35 psi is plenty in addition to limiting the life of the of stock turbo.

I can hit 33 or 34 steady if I am pulling the 5th wheel. When empty i can hit that high in higher gears flogging it pretty hard. I have a HX witht a Banks quick turbo exhaust housing and their big head waste gate. The waste gate is set to open around 35 psi.From what I have read head studs arent needed until 40 psi. Just what i have read, I am not an expert.

Going much beyond 30 psi boost without head studs or improved head bolts risks blowing a head gasket. Many folks do it and get away with it but eventually you WILL pay the piper. I agree that in most applications for normal use that 30-35 psi is plenty in addition to limiting the life of the of stock turbo.

Well lets get some numbers here..... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/5955-Who-Tows-and-hits-over-30-psi-on-stock-headbolts-headgasket

I was out camping and watched the boost gauge. Towing almost 8K up a hill i still couldn't get over 26ish lbs. I must have hit the fueling limit for the power puck and the stock injectors. Cheers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk