• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

I still have the Silencer Ring installed and I know a lot of folks run the Silencer Ring MIA. Understanding there really isnt any performance gain why do folks run it MIA?

Whistle...

Just purely for the whistle?

Yeap...

How loud is it?

Not to bad with a BHAF loud enough that you know your spooling up...

Any long term impact by running ring MIA?

Well I'm at 158K miles and pulled mine out at 50K miles... I'm pulling 25.3 MPG max MPG and 21-22 MPG avg MPG...

Thanks in advance

Comments in blue...

before i removed the factory box for the bhaf, i wouldn't hear the turbo until ~2400-2600rpms. after i could hear it at 1650~1750rpms. i took my ring off about 1500m ago. if its quiet outside(i work at night) i can hear i pick up just above idle. during the day you can't hear it below 1200rpms. it is worth mentioning that i have stock exhaust and sound system. the radio easily drowns it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I still have the Silencer Ring installed and I know a lot of folks run the Silencer Ring MIA. Understanding there really isnt any performance gain why do folks run it MIA? Just purely for the whistle? How loud is it? Any long term impact by running ring MIA? Thanks in advance

It sounds wicked awesome.... Just a little reminder that there is a pressurized fan spinning at an insane RPM just up front.... :woot:

• 1 month later...

I like my Cummins quiet. I spent a full day and $300+ in materials to quiet down my truck cab. Made a good difference. There is no way to silence these motors but it does make phone calls easier.

Hey, What did you use to quiet it down??? Dynamat???? Sorry about the hi-jack, but I like my truck a little on quiet side to here the stereo/ cell phone!!! Thanks, Winslow

I like my Cummins quiet. I spent a full day and $300+ in materials to quiet down my truck cab

I am guessing that your never planning a aftermarket turbo install then...... Because if you like quiet then you'll never handlle the sweet sound of a S300 framed charger singing at full song........Andy

I am guessing that your never planning a aftermarket turbo install then...... Because if you like quiet then you'll never handlle the sweet sound of a S300 framed charger singing at full song........Andy

Hey, I'm pretty sure he has twins on his rig!!!! Later, Winslow

• 2 weeks later...

I like my Cummins quiet. I spent a full day and $300+ in materials to quiet down my truck cab. Made a good difference. There is no way to silence these motors but it does make phone calls easier.

This is what I use in my rig, no possible way to make it any quieter. 1 Turn up the volume on the radio/CD. 2 http://www.blueparrott.com/products/blueparrottb250XT.html

• 4 months later...

Is it hard to take the ring out, or hard to re install?

2 flat heads got mine out really quick. i had mine out until i took the muffler off. it was okay for daytime, but working nights...you could hear me coming from over 1/2mile away. i would wake everyone up. i put it back in.(for now :) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Took mine out and put it back-in, atleast 1/2 dozen times, Could not hear any diff, (but my hearing isn't to good:thumbup2:) So the way I see it,,,,, is,,,,,ANYTHING, that smooths / cut's tublance in the incoming air is a good thing:smart:...................Mines staying in:thumbup2: