• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Glowshift Guages

Ok so I am able to get a set of Glow shift gauges EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost, and three pillar pod for about $220.00. Which seems like a good price when compared to other sets. So my question is what's everybody's opinion on this particular brand? Are they good, and reliable or should I just not waste my money on them? Anybody out there with these particular gauges your experience would be greatly appreciated!

Which ones are you wanting.  I have the 3-in-1 and it is working fine, however I also have the oil temp and trans temp ones and both of them have failed.  The display has missing bars, so I cannot tell what the temps are.

I have installed the black faced 7 color series and I personally have the max tow fuel pressure. Ive had to replace two fuel pressures and an egt on the black face gauges. On my maxtow, the needle looks like a windshield wiper when ever i barely touch the throttle. If I had to do it again, I would get isspros.

• Like 1

Blew up a Glow Shift FP gauge sender and replaced with an Isspro mechanical. Both DAP and Vulcan can get you in a set of EV1's for about $325. Mechanical FP and boost, electric egt. This would include the 3 pod mount. Look for gauge packages on either site.

Edited by dripley

I have heard of way more people having to replace gauges/senders when using glow shift than people that are happy with them. I went with isspro right off the bat and would highly recommend going with some good mechanical gauges. Never have to worry about wiring issues or wondering if that little electronic sending unit is working correctly.

• Like 1

stodg73, there the black faced 7 series for that price. Mopartechnician, good info thanks for your 2 cents! Guess it just proves you pay for what you get. So maybe it's just me but iv'e noticed that the fuel pressure guage is much higher than the rest anybody know why? Most iv'e seen are $100.00 + on up.

Edited by chrisrmerritt

Don't do it! I gambled a few years back and had nothing but problems from a month after I put them in...and even under warranty, it was going to be at least a month according to glowshift before they would send me a new one...I ordered a set of isspro ev2s and I've had no problems with them. Installed a needle valve on the fuel pressure gauge and needle holds pretty well.

Don't do it! I gambled a few years back and had nothing but problems from a month after I put them in...and even under warranty, it was going to be at least a month according to glowshift before they would send me a new one...I ordered a set of isspro ev2s and I've had no problems with them. Installed a needle valve on the fuel pressure gauge and needle holds pretty well.

^^ I agree. I have the same gauges. Very dependable.

I got lucky when I bought everything.

DiPricols are still going I only had the boost gauge loose the screws in the face. Fixed that myself.

AirDog 150 still going no issues.

Edge Comp only had one warranty claim and still working on the box I got.

:shrug:

Look, now you have gone and jinxed yourself. :sofa:

I started with the black seven color series and liked them but after about a year the fuel gauge quit and several months later the egt also quit.  I now have Speedhut fuel and egt and so far like them.  I can set a low and/or high warning light on them.  Thet are not the cheapest but I would prefer not to have diesel in my cab so that leaves only electric gauge.  They are nice while they are working but might be wise to save a little more and get a long term reliable set.