• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nasty Vehicle Accident

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Yea that's the one... No skid marks and traveled a long way up the embankment. What amazed me is how far it threw the front axle. Not certain what happen to the vehicle but he rubbed the guard rail a long way. Then travelled up the bank where it rolled over dumping its logs.

I snagged the picture from FB from another retired deputy that posted it.

INCIDENT NARRATIVE: Clure was northbound on US95 at milepost 190, when he drifted off the right edge of the road, side swiping against the guard rail at the bridge of the Little Salmon River. He continued across the bridge, pressed up against the guardrail and when the guardrail swept to the right, the semi-truck followed the guardrail. When the vehicle finally leaves the guardrail, it is angled to the right, striking the rocky embankment and overturning.

The narrative sounds like there was a medical issue as a contributing factor in this crash.

• Owner

That's the thing you talk to the EMT's that talked to the driver all during the accident there is one story, then talk to the State Police another story, looking at the scene. I know he had to travelling quite fast to rub that much guard rail and still climb the bank then chuck the front axle that far out forward of him.

Did he "lose the brakes" and then "ride the rail" in attempt to slow and control the truck??!!

thats what i would guess. or blew front tire and road the rail. better the rail then a head on. us loggers are crazy, but people still want stick built houses. 

Better than straw and mud!

Straw and mud are among the best built structures on the planet if built properly, they have a very green footprint and are fire proof and have about the best insulated "R" rating of any material. All this if done right. Just not as pretty or as easy to work with after the fact.

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 2

Straw and mud are among the best built structures on the planet if built properly, they have a very green footprint and are fire proof and have about the best insulated "R" rating of any material. All this if done right. Just not as pretty or as easy to work with after the fact.

I was hoping someone on here would not be as knowledgeable about it! I knew all that, lol. I just wanted to make it sound good. I dunno one thing though, I would think a lumber framed house would be better at load-bearing than a straw and mud house.

..ahem, back to topic! lol...

I was hoping someone on here would not be as knowledgeable about it! I knew all that, lol. I just wanted to make it sound good. I dunno one thing though, I would think a lumber framed house would be better at load-bearing than a straw and mud house.

..ahem, back to topic! lol...

Hex……….I could really go off on you from this post……………..but……………I'm thinking you were inebriated and didn't know what you were typing!!!!

• 4 weeks later...