• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gauge Time ISSPro EV2's

• Owner

Geez... When it rains it pours. I just lost my pyrometer this morning it quit working. So I did my phone shopping at work today since it was slow. Called around and once again my buddy Eric at Vulcan Performance did the best price. I'm just beside myself of taking either ISSPro EV's or ISSPro EV2's. The EV's are all mechanical gauges. Now Eric tells me the EV2's are electronic and using now solid state pressure sensors that are rare to fail. I'm considering on jumping out on a limb and trying the EV2's. What do you all think?

http://www.isspro.com/page.php?page=Performance_Diesel_By_Product_Series#tabs-1

Once again thanks to http://www.vulcanperformance.com

I know Eric personally and I suspect you already know he is a real straight shooter.  If he says they have been good he is giving good info.  You could call Isspro also.  They are within striking distance from me and one of the times I was there I walked in a side door as one of the employees walked by.  They don't deal with retail although they have been very good to me just as a walk in.  The "employee"  did not hesitate to help me and treated me very, very well.  Turns out he was president/CEO of Isspro.  I felt that said a lot of them as a company particularly since I had no idea who he was until he invited me to his office.  Even then I only found out when I asked what his position was.

• Like 1

• Owner

From what I understand all EV2's are electronic no mechanicals. So I would have to back down to EV's for mechanicals.

Eric was telling me about the differences in the fuel pressure senders. The old school what a diaphragm style and now the new style is solid state without a diaphragm to rupture and leak from water hammer.  (Positive point)

I'm going to call and talk to Eric more on Monday and pick his brain more.

• Like 1

• Owner

I might just do the electronic gauges just to say I've master both mechanical and electronic and have solutions for both. More I kept thinking about it more I'm considering the electronic EV2's. I'm most likely going to do...

Black background

Orange Needles

Boost 0-60 PSI

17233U.jpg

Fuel Pressure 0-30 PSI

17033U.jpg

Pyrometer (uncolored) 0-1600*F

17022U.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

It's a done deal... The order is placed and they are on the way from Vulcan Performance.

On top of that I think I might of created another product with Eric to resolve the fuel pressure sender and boost sender placement so they are not on the block but on a rigid mounting bracket and good good plane. So more to come about that...

• Staff

I have been running EV2's since 2012 and they have been great, but I have had a couple sender issues. All the new senders that ISSPRO sends me look different, so I must be getting into the new style. I have had 1 fuel pressure sender fail, but have since installed a snubber for reducing spikes, and a have had 2 exhaust back-pressure senders fail. The exhaust ones could be partially my fault, they where mounted horizontal and I didn't find out until the 2nd one failed that they need to be vertical.

I like the EV2's because I can program the sensitivity of the needle, the warning lights, and the back lighting.

You can program backlight intensity as well as a red warning light on the gauge.  For example, you could program the light to come on if your fuel pressure falls below 14 psi.  You have to get the software and programing cable.  I know that Geno's has it.  I have these same guages, but I have yet to program mine.

http://www.genosgarage.com/ISSPRO-ATTRIBUTE-PROGRAMMER-FOR-EV-PERFORMAX/productinfo/ISS-R82003/

• Staff

Tell more... Warning lights?

You can program all the gauges for a high or low warning light, such as EGT >1250° or boost >35 psi, or fuel pressure below 3.. I have a CR :-)

The back-lighting is also adjustable for intensity, and the needle sensitivity is as well. I have my oil and full pressure gauges less sensitive so I don't see all the minor .5psi changes, but my boost and EGT react as fast as possible.

• Owner

Dang it... They left Monday morning. Oh well. I'll order the cable later on this winter. As for a surprise I've got a custom bracket coming for both my boost sensor and my fuel pressure sender. It's one of a kind and might be a new part supplied by Eric at Vulcan Performance. Cure all the poor ground issues and remote mounting of the senders. More to come...