• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

• Owner
19 hours ago, CSM said:

At idle that makes sense to me.  

Moving... It seems backwards from what I expected. 

Regarding as expected. Wait till we reach minus temperatures it advances even more.

Just let folks know I'm working on cable producer here in Boise, Idaho. Still got at least 50 cables left I'm getting started on getting the process started here in Boise. I've got to give a Thank You to @bry1216 for hooking me up with this Boise company.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

I don't believe that's  the case with mine. I always verify the fooler has set iat to 143° via the scangauge and it still cycle the grids when cold after starting.

I did not know fooler fooled the iat. thought it only did the ect. What do I know, just spit balling anyway. I dont have one of the switches myself.

3 minutes ago, dripley said:

I did not know fooler fooled the iat. thought it only did the ect. What do I know, just spit balling anyway. I dont have one of the switches myself.

Haha no problem. Yes in mpg mode it fools the iat to retard timing back to normal I believe. Ordinarily, timing is very advanced in cold temps and that reduces mpg. Unless I have it backwards lol someone please correct me if I got it wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I finally installed my high idle switch today.  I put in in the overhead console.  The cable that comes with the switch is just a little too short.  I ordered a 12" extension from Amazon and I was able to but it right between the lights.  It turned out great.  I did have to take a dremel to the inside of the overhead console to make room for the circuit card and cable, but that was simple.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LKASDO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mopar Switch.jpg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, lrhull said:

It seems like I've asked this before. After starting truck in 6 cylinder high idle can I go straight to MPG or after its warmed up turn off truck and then re start to get the MPG to to work correctly?

Just flip the switch from 6cyl (or 3cyl for that matter) to MPG and you're good to go. No need to shut off the truck. :thumb1:

However remember that once you trigger the high idle mode in the ECM the only way to get out of that mode is for ECT to reach ~170 or for the truck to be off for 30 seconds.

You can flip it to mpg mode on the fly and it will be in fooler mode but if you let the truck idle again it will go back into high idle mode.

The switch only triggers a mode, it cannot cancel the mode.

• Like 1