• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• Staff
Just now, Dieselfuture said:

It's -8f now and will be -22f tonight, I put treated fuel in glass jar with extra antigell and it's getting milky alredy siting on the deck. 

Deiselfutures' redneck thermometer... only two measurements.... gelled or not gelled :whistle:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Deiselfutures' redneck thermometer... only two measurements.... gelled or not gelled :whistle:

Hey whatever works :poke: it's Iowa nothing special here...

Edit: 3 measurements, gelled not gelled and looks like it's about to gell.

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, dorkweed said:

Hope you're gonna burn that "next year".   Splitting it now doesn't equate to "seasoned wood"!!

I still have over a cord of eucalyptus left from last year that I'm burning.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I think he might do it for a hobby.... notice how small of pieces!

I do it for my wife.  She likes to have a fire going in the living room fireplace during the winter months.  She says it's soothing.  I say it's a lot of work.  5a4ad972b9931_animated-smileys-love-erotic-3261.gif.7cecb1a05cd35be424e2c46e5ff56a67.gif 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I think he might do it for a hobby.... notice how small of pieces!

I know one thing, here in Oregon we got to leave bigger chunks, not like that kindling :lol3:

Then again he might be splitin' for grocery store firewood.... 6 pieces for 20 bucks.:thumb1:

now I know where those bundles of fire wood at the convenience stores come from.

IB mobile is running a sweat factory at his place  :lol3:

30 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I do it for my wife.  She likes to have a fire going in the living room fireplace during the winter months.  She says it's soothing.  I say it's a lot of work.  5a4ad972b9931_animated-smileys-love-erotic-3261.gif.7cecb1a05cd35be424e2c46e5ff56a67.gif 

you know what they say about firewood being a never ending heat source, from cutting it, to splitting and stacking and carrying  it into the house, you never have time to get cold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

strange winter around here, way above normal temps for this time of year, might get into the single digits over night then climb back into the 40's during the day, not complaining one bit though, If the weather pattern dont change soon I may run out of water this summer.

pic from last winter, and same spot today

last year snow.jpg

this year.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Most "fireplaces" = a "net" loss in heat in a house.

Just saying of course!!!

• 1 month later...

Neighbor down the road does fall pictures for us. Pretty neat. 

We always get buzzed a few times a summer.  He’ll make one pass, everyone runs out side to wave, and makes another.  

7189A46D-C7AC-4B0A-8E0B-5DD123D789DA.jpeg

Last years winter jeep ride. 

Just getting out onto the lake behind the house through the woods.  

55F361CC-8F8E-48C9-BC9E-E6EEF5CD169C.jpeg

• Like 3

• Owner
2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

What state is this,

Minnesota...

Like myself, I'm in the backcountry of Idaho. Man, I hate it when I got to drive to Ontario, OR or Boise, ID. I'm so ready to bail out and head for the mountains and get away from the crazy people of the big cities. 

Yes, I've got neighbors but I've got a good margin of space between us.

google maps.png

Shot this photo from 5 miles away on east side mountain ridge. I've highlighted home 

home.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

What state is this, man that's a nice place how remote is from civilization, I'd love to live at place like that and being able to enjoy life and nature. 

Yep. I'm in Northern Minnesota about 100 miles from Canadian border.

It's out of the way but not remote. I like it here. Town of 15000 is 12 miles away and fluctuates due to college being in and tourist season.

14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Minnesota...

Like myself, I'm in the backcountry of Idaho. Man, I hate it when I got to drive to Ontario, OR or Boise, ID. I'm so ready to bail out and head for the mountains and get away from the crazy people of the big cities. 

Yes, I've got neighbors but I've got a good margin of space between us.

google maps.png

Shot this photo from 5 miles away on east side mountain ridge. I've highlighted home 

home.JPG

Awesome place and view!

I totally understand about wanting to bail when in the populated areas. I get real rammy and just want to get back to the woods. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ben said:

Yep. I'm in Northern Minnesota about 100 miles from Canadian border.

It's out of the way but not remote. I like it here. Town of 15000 is 12 miles away and fluctuates due to college being in and tourist season.

Awesome place and view!

I totally understand about wanting to bail when in the populated areas. I get real rammy and just want to get back to the woods. 

I think I know of which town you speak of...mascot of a Beaver?  Beautiful country!

• Owner

Going to drop near zero tonight. All vehicles tucked back in the shops for the cold night to come.

15190674149421902268515.jpg

This is also a test to be sure cellphone can upload pictures to the site without the upload error like before. Made several upgrades making the website better. Gearing it up more so for the mobile user trying to lighten the code and make it as fast as possible but keeping it feature rich.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1