• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What gets your adrenaline flowing?

Wild and Free

I mean in a way of what scares you in life.

For me its spiders. If they are outside and in nature and I see them first I am totally ok with them, its the ones I can't see in closed dark spaces that creep the hell out of me and then the webs that you get entangled in not knowing if there are spiders in them or not. The other thing is when I find one crawling on me, I become the best acrobat on planet earth at that point lol.

12744109_1162870767056712_40289490322736

This is my type of identifying chart when in my house.

Edited by Wild and Free

• Owner

Interesting question...

Mine I guess I would have to say is when the tones go off on my radio. I listen to the page and then get pumped up not knowing the full story other than the little tidbit on the radio. The race like hell to the closest fire station to the scene so it might be 40-50 mile run in my personal truck running 70-75 MPH to get there. Then hop in fire truck and finish the last leg to the scene. It all depends on the call out fire calls that are paged as house fire get me pumped up and figuring game plays in flight to the scene. Vehicle accidents a bit different being they typically are not moving and more of plan before you leave and which station to hit possibly. Still in all the fact of being in a massive forest fire and watching the fallout of flaming pine cones and watch fire surround you will make anyone adrenaline flow. It's more interesting when your the Commanding Officer for the group in the middle of this event. 

160c6ls.jpg

1zwdeeq.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

For my wife its snakes, I am opposite I love snakes and will always be the first one to try and catch them and check them out no matter the size type poison factor ect doesn't scare me at all. If My wife sees one from a distance and it going mach 9.9 in the opposite direction instantly lol.

I have many friends scared to death of mice, I find that to be the oddest one.

Edited by Wild and Free

• Owner

Spider and snakes don't bother me much. Spider you just smash with a kleenex. A snake you grab a shovel take its head off. I remember one morning a girlfriend woke up and go to the bathroom and found a very large worm as she called it in the bathroom. :lmao: 

Charina_bottae.jpg

It was a rubber boa snake picked it up, chucked it out the front door. We've got Garter snakes all over here those are harmless but nasty stink. The put off a scent that you can't wash off. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9MlwXI7sryJwGka9c5st

No real rattle snakes where I'm at. Down in Riggins, ID there is but most are quick to clip the heads off. 

Spiders we've got brown recluse, hobo spiders, daddy long legs, several type most are poisonous but never had any issues with just crushing them and moving on. 

So the whole fear of spiders and snakes not really for me... 

• Like 1

We have all sorts of snakes around my area but the bull snakes are super territorial and keep the rattlers away from my immediate area but they are around, there is a creek right in front of my house and there are rarely rattlers on the north side of it, head just a few miles south and west of my house and they become more prevalent.

• Owner
24 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Have the engine start running rough in my plane at 10,000' and I'm flying over mountains.  

:ahhh:

Nothing like a plane... You can't just pull over and call for help. That would be rather spooky. 

My fears...

• Lightning
  • Heights or falling
  • Small spaces, confinement, entrapment (don't ask me to spell that...)

25 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Have the engine start running rough in my plane at 10,000' and I'm flying over mountains.  

Or, having someone say "hey (flight) engineer, does this look funny to you?"   

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:ahhh:

Nothing like a plane... You can't just pull over and call for help. That would be rather spooky.

Nobody appreciates my in flight jokes when the plane makes a weird thump of "did we just hit a deer?"

• Like 3

Dad's friend took his mom out for a plane ride on mothers day.... engine dropped a valve over some pretty rough terrain, but he was able to nosedive it and get enough speed to land it on a random dirt road in BFE. I had to go help take the plane apart and get it back to the hangar. Sooooo I don't like to fly much :lol: 

14 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Dad's friend took his mom out for a plane ride on mothers day.... engine dropped a valve over some pretty rough terrain, but he was able to nosedive it and get enough speed to land it on a random dirt road in BFE. I had to go help take the plane apart and get it back to the hangar. Sooooo I don't like to fly much :lol: 

But, did they die?

What, dont like the 1930s tech in cessnas? I plan on doing a bit of small plane flying in a couple weeks.  I havent died yet.

• Staff
11 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

At least in a plane if it quits you are in an expensive glider.  Helo's on the other hand become a brick rather quickly.

Yes and no... Helo's are quite controllable to the ground if you catch the engine failure in time, but they are going down NOW!! 

Figure a dual engine failure at 120 Knots ground speed (simplicity sake) and 1,000 feet above the ground. I will be on the ground in 20 seconds, and can only go 1/2 mile. You have to act FAST, or faster. 

Part of my job as a Maintenance Test Pilot is to test the auto-rotational capability of the aircraft. In order to do that I take the power levers to idle in a auto... in flight. Now that gets my heart going every single time. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 3

My brother has a couple stories on auto rotation from his medic days in a lovely place called Vietnam. They will fly but as you mention not for long.

43 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Yes and no... Helo's are quite controllable to the ground if you catch the engine failure in time, but they are going down NOW!! 

Figure a dual engine failure at 120 Knots ground speed (simplicity sake) and 1,000 feet above the ground. I will be on the ground in 20 seconds, and can only go 1/2 mile. You have to act FAST, or faster. 

Part of my job as a Maintenance Test Pilot is to test the auto-rotational capability of the aircraft. In order to do that I take the power levers to idle in a auto... in flight. Now that gets my heart going every single time. 

10 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

My Bro in law spent 4 years in commercial flight school but never took that route in life after he graduated and always says helo pilots are half suicidal lol. I have heard they can be controlled to some extent.

My brother would agree with the above statement. But there craziness was much appreciated  by the men on the ground.

Dark confined spaces.

A few years ago I was hard face welding inside a fan at work. Basically a 30' paddle wheel inside a housing with about 18" of clearance to crawl on top of it and work. Imagine overhead welding inside a 120 degree steel coffin...

So I had squeezed my way to the top of this fan wheel welding away and I dropped a piece of steel plate. It bounced 30' down and severed the extension cord running my work light.  Pitch black now. I dug the flashlight out of my pocket and of course dropped that before I could turn it on. 

So long story short I managed to shimmy down from the sea of jagged metal and certain death in complete darkness. Crawl down a tunnel and out the narrow hatch cover. Then go find the guy who was supposed to be standing by in case of trouble and scream at him. Ever since then I've been a little gun shy about squeezing into small dark death traps  

• Like 1