• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Having an RV is almost a needed item now a days.....

26 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I only say that long ago so I wouldn't have to live through the BS we see today. I know this change has happened in the last 10 years or so, but I wish I could've avoided the whole deal! I grew up really close to my grand parents, my grandpa was born in 1919 and the stories he used to tell me were some of the best stories I'd ever heard. It wasn't until I was older that I realized how sad it was that those stories would likely never be things I'd be able to tell my children or grand children.

Dont worry you will have plenty to tell. I have not run out yet with my grandchildren or my children. The world is changing very quickly. My parents were both born in 1922 and my grandparents were born in the 1880's. We all have stories to pass on its just the way it is. Example, the look on my kids faces when I told them I grew with out color tv and only had 3 channels. It was pretty insignificant to me but they were amazed. On top of that 80 to 90 years ago you would be living thru the great depression headed toward WWII.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

• Owner

Those are the things I love to sit down with older folks and hear the tales of the early 1900's. Heck I remember growing up and barely had 7 channels of color TV, old rotary phone you stuck your finger in the hole and spun, point ignition on engines and AM radio was rather popular yet. I've got tools most puppies would know how to use like a dwell meter and and a timing light. Even in my teenage years the Internet was Gov't only use and wasn't public yet. I even created my first BBS or forum back in 1994 with an Atari 800, 4 floppy drives and a modem. All set on a timer and ran from 6pm through the night to 6am. All built on Atari Basic. Heck as a teenager I working in a printing company and their old computer ran with old 8" floppy disks. Heck now we got phones that can do everything standard desktop computer can. I've watched the world of computer and electronics change around me rather rapidly. Like my ITT Tech degree was for electronic science. Back then I was just getting my feet wet with IBM 8088 Intel processor the first AT clones as well. Now all my degree today is not worth a dime being who uses transistors much any more? Most all electronics are be created on IC chips and stuffed all in one mini-package.

So as for social changes here we are... Back in the days you watch TV foul language and nudity didn't happen today everything is about sex, drugs and partying. Back when I was growing up there were certain topics or subjects that were taboo to discuss in the public. Now anything goes heck just post it on Facebook for everyone to see regardless if it was sexual, illegal activity, etc.

I'll admit living where I do has it disadvantages... But being out here disconnected from the world and not having to deal with these problems is priceless.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 4

• Staff

Heck I saw a sales pitch on regular TV about how women will love you because this pill will make you bigger. Now that stuff should not be selling on regular TV programming. I'm old so cannot remember exactly when the advertisement was on but, I'm shocked to say that I think it was on early Sunday morning...... was trying to find a good Sunday Sermon.

You know without God there is no right from wrong and them bad examples make the kids believe that. As far as I'm concerned there is so little real discipline in school that there really is not much education. And they want gun control instead of teaching our children proper Godly principles, meanwhile Terrorists are permeating every border.

Just like Billy Grahams daughter is now saying, we are seeing the beginning of the end times as America goes down the tube and the world is seeing enormous problems in weather, wars, economies, etc.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, dripley said:

Dont worry you will have plenty to tell. I have not run out yet with my grandchildren or my children. The world is changing very quickly. My parents were both born in 1922 and my grandparents were born in the 1880's. We all have stories to pass on its just the way it is. Example, the look on my kids faces when I told them I grew with out color tv and only had 3 channels. It was pretty insignificant to me but they were amazed. On top of that 80 to 90 years ago you would be living thru the great depression headed toward WWII.

Glad to hear those sorta things living on! 

We not only didn't have TV but had a 4 party line phone when I was small.  I never did figure out that different ring business.  We did finally get a TV when I was about 11 or so and eventually private line phone.  I wish I had chatted with my Grandad even more than I did about things  when he came here from Switzerland by himself at 16 years old, 1906 I think.  He did have an older brother around Vancouver or Portland who talked him into coming.  One thing he used to say quite a bit was that progress was a wonderful thing but I somehow think he would not still be saying that.  Sure sad the way many things are now but it is reassuring to see at least more than a few here feel much as I do about all this stupid junk going on.  There is hope yet!!!  :thumbup2:  :burnout:

• Like 1

• Staff

I agree with you 100% Russ and everyone here.

I must say I was lucky that my Grandpa and I did take a lot of trips together to go see family all around California and Nevada when it wasn't so crowded. We would get in my 64 Malibu and really go see some countryside. Sometimes we would take his Cadillac he'd always have me drive, was a very cool car. I learned a lot about many things from him in my early 20's. He talked a lot about how having God in your heart is so important and then would go on about gold mining or cutting gem stones as he used to do to help support himself even in his 70's and 80's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KATOOM said:

I have to say it warms my heart to see this forum is loaded with level headed folks like yourselves.....  Gives me hope that maybe all is not lost. :thumbup2:

I was thinking the same thing as I read all of these comments. I wish we all lived closer together so we could all meet up and hang out. I sometimes feel like we are/could be good friends even though a lot of us have never met. 

• Like 2

• Owner
50 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

I wish we all lived closer together so we could all meet up and hang out.

The people I have met of the site are rather very family like and great people to hang around with. There has be several gathering planed in the past where people got together to meet. We do have a calendar here and we can pen in a schedule for you so others can see. This applies to all members. Then there is the member map too. There is ways of getting a group together. Like JAG1 has gathering for next year already.

• Staff
53 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

I was thinking the same thing as I read all of these comments. I wish we all lived closer together so we could all meet up and hang out. I sometimes feel like we are/could be good friends even though a lot of us have never met. 

We can get together then and there animated-smileys-leisure-020[1].gif

August 18, 2017

This Thread is to Cover the Mopar1973Man Camping Meet and Greet for the Full Eclipse Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017.  
We will be camping out near Michaels place in a...
staticmap?center=44.265205%2C-117.125417

• Owner

So now create a group gather in your area. Put your pins on the member map so other can find you. You don't have to use exact street address just a city / state is enough to give location. This is another reason its handy to have you location correct in your profile so others can see you close by or not.

• Staff
1 hour ago, KATOOM said:

Man.....thats like 600 miles from me.  As much as I'd love to join everyone I guess you guys will just have to be my internet buddies..... :thumbup2:

Never heard a guy crying over just 600 miles Katoom. Sheesh we got guys coming from a thousand miles to meet up. Besides 600 miles of pure trucking enjoyment with your rig... :thumb1:

Oh yeah that link isn't right, you need to look at August 2017 not 2016.

Edited by JAG1

9 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Our vacations are limited and trying to explain that this one will be spent with forum buddies probably wouldn't receive much warm praise.

lol I can definitely relate to this! And my wife is very good with truck stuff. Plus I don't even get to see my immediate family as much as I'd like.