• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cooper AT3

Anyone running Cooper AT3s ? Ive always ran the BFG KOs

I might get some. I see the Coopers are the only tires with a 55,000 mile warrenty anymore

Arent the ATPs the Coopers made for America's Tire . Same tire little different tread design as the AT3

I also am looking at the Yokohama Geolander A/T-s they have a 50k warranty I see.

The BFGs have a shorter tread depth when new than they used too, Less rubber.

Coopers have more tread depth than the BFG also

Edited by GSP7

yes the ATP's are a discount exclusive tire. and different tread then the AT3's

both will be great choices. i like to keep the money in the USA. so that's another reason i went with them.

The other ones i really liked were the Goodyear wrangler. https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-silentarmor?cta=BBCardTireName

Those were great tires for me as well.

I am running a similar tire, the LT245/74R17 Toyo AT2.  It was the same price as the AT3 and I couldn't find any good Cooper dealers in my local area. 

AT2 is a good tire, tows great, does good on snow, great on highway, and good on soft stuff.  I wouldn't want to hard core mud, but it doesn't give up much to the BFG KOs in that area. My want tire is the Toyo M55, but thats too darn expensive. 

Edited by CSM

Just ordered a new set of Cooper AT3's for the '99.  Also have them on the '96.

Myself and a couple of buddies independently noticed that the AT3's are a sticky tire.  I used to be able to spin on pavement but not any more :kick:.  Also driving in snow/ice this winter was easy, a guy in front of me went off the road, and the guy behind me almost tailgated me, but I could hardly tell anything was different. 

The best price I've seen is from discounttiredirect.com, I get them shipped to my door, then mount/balance them myself (BB's for balancing).

Sean at Tread depot may be able to get you a better price so it may be worth emailing him Sean@treaddepot.com 

Edited by Cowboy

On my second set of ATP's. They have been as good of tire I have ever run on mine. Got 65k out of the first set and it is looking like I will get near 60k out of these. Great in the snow, rain, towing and around the job in the mud. I dont do any of road so dont know how they do in that situation. I will be putting another set when these give out. 

We got copper at3 on 3 of our work trucks the're holding up ok, but it's mostly town stop and go. Don't think we'll see more than 30k out of them. I also got a set of toyo at2 ride is good but not even 2 years old and seeing some dry rot, not sure if I'll get toyos again. 

21 hours ago, Cowboy said:

I get them from discounttiredirect.  Once a month or so they'll have some form of discount that I usually hold out for.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=filterTireProducts.do&fl=&pc=27122&counter=0&ar=75&rd=16&cs=265

Just before posting my question I went on the Discount Tire direct site and priced the 16" ATP/AT3 and they were $206 apiece for load range E. I go to the link you posted and they were $176 for the E rated. 

I have not had to take mine thru any mud that deep but have gone thru about 8" snow on a near 10% slope and never lost traction, climbed like it was not there.Drove around in the mud on the job but nothing that deep. Red mud does suck, but if you put enough water into the dirt. all  mud sucks. These Coopers seem to thrive on it. Best all round tire I have used on my rig.

• 4 weeks later...

I have actually had some great luck with the Hankook ATM's myself. I had almost 75k on the first set with about 20% tread left. They wear like iron. I purchased my current set right before my engine gave up :doh:. I am currently running a 315/70/17 in the ATM's. My last set was a 315/75/16 so they are pretty close in size apart from the wheel difference. I got the current set for right at $1000 mounted and balanced so not to bad either.