• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Price difference in Fuel pressure gauges

(Sorry for all the "basic 101 questions" from a "new" member.  My fuel system fell apart when out of town, after 10 years of service, the FASS feel apart.  And out of town mechanic did a very poor job of putting on the Air Dog 100. Old mechanic feels betrayed I think.  He did all my work and very good by the way.  Since 2005.   But now is punishing me I think.  Wants 4 hours at $120 and hour to look over work done by out of town mechanic.  4 hours I think I could put on an AIr Dog myself by just watching videos.  So I'm on the "fast track" to learn about these things fabulous 5.9's myself.    Thanks)...

Going to start with installing a Fuel Pressure gauge.  In the latest Geno's book Isspro 2 inch elec fuel pressure gauge is $138.00 and Auto Meter 2 inch elec fuel pressure gauge is $225.95

I have auto meter in other 3 gauges in "A" pillar.  Had them since 2006 and no problems.

Between Isspro and auto meter is one better than another?   $90.00 difference on one item makes me wonder why.    Is this a case of you get what you pay for or are gauges about equal in performance? 

If you have had Isspro for a length of time, had any problems?

If you have had both, any reason why one is better than the other?

One last question, anybody know of a "colorized" gauge?  Where needle shows in green at right pressure?

Thanks

I don't think it takes 4 hours to see what someone else has done... Should be less than an hour if the "out of town mechanic" stayed away from the tank.

Gauge wise, my brother, my dad, and I all run autometer. My dad's have been in since 2001 and he's yet to have any issues. That's why my brother and I went that route. I hear good things about isspro though, and I wouldn't hesitate to run them. I think it's just personal preference. 

Haven't heard of the "colorized" gauge, but I wouldn't think you could see it too well during the day. 

I have the basic Isspro EV1 gauges. Mechanical fuel pressure and boost gauge. I have had the FP gauge for 5 or 6 years with no issues. The boost gauge I have had for 3 or 4 years with no issues also. I have electric pyro and tranny temp gauges for 3 or 4 years also. Had an issue with the tranny temp gauge. For about a month when I started the truck it would read 130* then run at near 220* while driving. Not sure what happened it has since settled back down and reads good now. Other than that I have been very happy with them. They are good gauges that fit my budget. Bought them thru Vulcan Performance, a vendor here.

I have seen some colored gauges but for the life of me could not tell you what brand they were. I think I have seen some in pictures here. Mike used to have a Dipricol, out of buisness now, FP gauge that the face was colored but no more I think.

I'll throw in another good word for ISSPRO gauges. I've ran a mechanical fuel pressure and boost with electronic pyro on both of my trucks. I did have an issue with one of the fuel pressure gauges but after a phone call to ISSPRO they sent me a new one free of charge.

I think whichever gauge you pick, you're picking from the top 2 gauges.

• Staff
2 hours ago, notlimah said:

I'll throw in another good word for ISSPRO gauges. I've ran a mechanical fuel pressure and boost with electronic pyro on both of my trucks. 

I have the same, ISSPRO gauges with a transmission temperature gauge add to the lot.  They've been in since 2004 with out a problem.  My exhaust is "colorized".

I feel like you pay for the name when it comes to Autometer....If I did it again I'd go with ISSPRO but so far no complaints from my Spek Pro's.  Formally made by Pro Parts LLC which Autometer now owns.

The thing I like about these is that you can set a high and a low point so the gauge will flash red when it reaches the high/low point you set.  They also have peak recall so you can see what the gauge maxed out at.  I'm sure these features are on other gauges out there?  I picked these up for a decent price so I went with them.  

IMG_3120.jpg

Edited by sooxies

another satisfied customer with isspro, I got the 3 gauge set and pillar from Vulcan. they had the best price out there. The electric fuel gauge and column mount came from Genos years ago, and so far so good. I even kept the fuel pressure warning light stuck in the 12v. accessory plug just for extra precaution.   another dash.jpg

Guess i am cheap. McMaster-Carr industrial supply in SanteFe Springs CA ( on internet)  Has a mechanical oil filled industrial pressure guage 0-30 for $35.00. I mounted it on the floor right forward of the 4wd shifter. 1/8 in fpt fitting on the back right through the floor and carpet. 1/4 in air brake tubing right to the VP inlet. Guage does not need to be watched constantly, right. If running at night i do need a flash light to check it.  Cheap, easy and accurate.  Visit Mc Master Carr, it is a great company that has everything and good quick service.

• Like 2