• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck stolen

Like I said before, really glad your truck made it out relatively unscathed. This had disaster written all over it, but really happy that it's not in pieces! Would've been a huge shame to see all the work and effort you put into end up like that!

Since they left your smarty, I may need to borrow that sometime soon! :wink:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

So some sort of ignition disable could have prevented this one?

Yeah, some sort of dead switch + an alarm probably would have stopped them dead in their tracks   

12 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Like I said before, really glad your truck made it out relatively unscathed. This had disaster written all over it, but really happy that it's not in pieces! Would've been a huge shame to see all the work and effort you put into end up like that!

Since they left your smarty, I may need to borrow that sometime soon! :wink:

Lemme know when you need it! 

9 minutes ago, NightHawk said:

Can we work out a deal first for me to use the S03 so I can flash my truck with a manual tune!?!  

Let me send a PM to the smarty guys and see what it takes to flash it then get it flashed back to the normal smarty :thumbup2: 

1 minute ago, notlimah said:

Did you change anything when you sent it to me before Tyler? I flashed mine and it's an auto and it didn't have any adverse effects.

No, but smarty can write a specific tune to flash a truck that will convert the ecm from auto to manual. Normally the smarty doesn't touch those parameters (if I remember right) so I'd just need to get it back to the default before it's used on another auto. 

Pictures:

Broken window. Somehow they didn't scratch anything when tearing the window out. I've got it at home and it's in 1 piece. 

IMG_20160912_192259702_zpsulfthueh.jpg

Broken bezel.... as you can see I've broken it many times before taking it off. Never has been a priority to buy a new one since you couldn't tell. Now it has a big missing chunk though. They ripped the wires off the switch mounted to the bezel that controls the light bar too. 

IMG_20160912_191748423_zpswvsljbp1.jpg

Missing lock cylinder. Didn't break the plastic around it though.

IMG_20160912_191739976_zpswbjrzypm.jpg

Passenger side door where they tried to pry on it and get in. The black on mine is paint, not a sticker so that'll have to be fixed. 

IMG_20160912_191709809_zpseozevkri.jpg

Passenger rear door where they tried to get in. Coensides with the scratches above

IMG_20160912_191655721_zpsxenirtvq.jpg

Driver side door handle. Silly crimminals, it's not a ford. They don't just pop out.

IMG_20160912_191539340_zpsawe4yh4n.jpg

More driver side door handle. you can see the scratches under the top left.

IMG_20160912_191602974_zpsb0rfuzfm.jpg

Top of the drivers side doors.

IMG_20160912_191504846_HDR_zpsb5jkbwh5.j

Drivers side passenger door.

IMG_20160912_191450556_zpspqfie3mi.jpg

Lack of stereo... all wires intact and okay

IMG_20160912_191428927_zpszof58ugo.jpg

Overall not much damage. If it was a "farm truck" I wouldn't worry about it, but all of this will be fixed until it looks perfect again. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Haha it was just outside so my brother could change the oil in hes fiance's car. 

It's now sitting inside the shop locked up. There's a lot more money in that shop than the truck! Plus, it's locked up tight in a good neighborhood where people shoot trespassers!

'Murica.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

Any idea how many miles they put on it?  And how far was it from where it was taken?  I wish my truck looked that good.

40-50 miles max. I could hardly tell the gauge had moved. I think there were 350 on the trip and it was somewhere near 300 when it was taken.

I honestly don't know where the cops found it. Someone reported that "a truck had been sitting there 2 weeks and it shouldn't be" 

Looks are all in the eyes of the beholder. I love the way mine looks, but some would say it looks horrible.