• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

7 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I’d go 7x.012 now. You can tune them back with the quad and once you get a 62/68/12 or compounds you’d be fine.

Thats what i want to do but i have to keep in mind that my truck weighs 11250lbs on a daily basis. Commons sense says to stick with the 150s for now but the lust for more power says go big or go home. lol

I would think you would be fine.  Although your truck is very heavy.  That kinda throws a curve.  All i know is Ive got 6x018s with my s364sxe and on 1/4 mile pulls at the track i dont smoke.  Just a light haze once she spools.  

19 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Ahh yea forgot your trucks much heavier then most. @Me78569 would know better how much that would affect things but I suppose you could always just get the injectors and not install them (I know, madness) for a bit until you get the bigger turbo.

Where is the fun in that? lol

Also wanting to keep decent mpg says to stick with the smaller injectors also. lol 

13 minutes ago, TJ_00Cummins said:

I would think you would be fine.  Although your truck is very heavy.  That kinda throws a curve.  All i know is Ive got 6x018s with my s364sxe and on 1/4 mile pulls at the track i dont smoke.  Just a light haze once she spools.  

Exactly. I dont want to over fuel this thing and turn it into more of a dog than it already is.

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I'd go with 7 x .010's or .011's for your setup.  If you already have good 7 x .010's then run them.

I have stock injectors at the moment. Ill be ordering the 7x.011s. Should be a good compromise.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by KMayborn

there was a semi valid reason for that myth to come about.    Once you got beyond that 7 x .010's mark you would find that your cruising engine load was so low that you were on the front side of the timing advance island so timing was a good bit lower, same if you ran stock injectors and went over 55, but you ended up on the other side of the island with low timing again.  

The reason why more got better mpg with some 50-150's is because you extented the mph you could drive without load getting high enough to come off the island.   

• Owner
10 hours ago, notlimah said:

The myth of smaller injectors being the mpgs winners is a just that. A lot of folks on here have proven that you can get mpg numbers with massive injectors that were unheard of prior to the quad.

There is some truth there... Back in the day tuners were basic canned tunes and did not allow for fuel and timing management. So as your injectors changed there was very limited control of the fuel to prevent excessive smoke and timing was based on stock injector set up. When you increased injector size you typically need to add more timing to get the fuel to light off properly. Again back 10 years ago this wasn't possible. 

Like myself I've just kicked off my MPG tune and already reached 22.34 MPG last tank. I'm going to attempt to beat my old high mark of 27.2 MPG. With HX35/40 hybrid, 7 x 0.0085 injectors and Quadzilla. My old high mark was done with Edge Comp (5x3), +50 HP injectors and Stock HX35W turbo. 

41 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

there was a semi valid reason for that myth to come about.    Once you got beyond that 7 x .010's mark you would find that your cruising engine load was so low that you were on the front side of the timing advance island so timing was a good bit lower, same if you ran stock injectors and went over 55, but you ended up on the other side of the island with low timing again.  

The reason why more got better mpg with some 50-150's is because you extented the mph you could drive without load getting high enough to come off the island.   

I get the reason the ‘myth’ was around, was really more factual before the quad actually, but was just pointing out that now with the quad and big injectors you can still get decent mpg numbers. 

Thanks for the explaination on the timing though, I never knew that part of it. 

So i am going to start building a tune to run the 7x.011s with hx35. 

Using the easy tune builder as a starting point of 83% of stock fuel. So does the tune builder assume you have enough air to use the injectors to their fullest potential or is it just a starting point?

Im not even going to try to run any wire tap because i know it will just run the Hx35 way out of map and be pointless, so ill just be using canbus to make the truck drive able.

As for timing i have read that bigger injectors need more timing to run efficiently. What would be some good starting points to work from?

@Mopar1973Man What engine load will i need to be shooting for to keep the mpg up? 15? 

@Me78569 I was just looking tthrough the tune database and saw your 7x.012 tune for the stock turbo. Is this a good place to start or should i bump it up a little? Judging by the tune you have written for the .012s i think the tune builders starting point is a bit high for my application. I think i may have answered my own question.lol

I am not looking for max power out of these injectors at the moment but more clean driving and decent mpg.

Also, what should i have DAP set the pop pressure at? Ill be ordering them on monday.

Edited by KMayborn

I dont like saying you should edit pop unless you know what you want.    its still uncharted territory  

The .012 tune will be a good starting point.  Timing changes shouldn't be needed.  with the quad you dont really need to worry about engine load vs timing,  you just set timing where you want it.  

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I dont like saying you should edit pop unless you know what you want.    its still uncharted territory  

The .012 tune will be a good starting point.  Timing changes shouldn't be needed.  with the quad you dont really need to worry about engine load vs timing,  you just set timing where you want it.  

@Me78569Gotcha, Ill ask when i order if they suggest to change it any. 

I was asking about engine load to figure out where i should keep it while driving. I guess ill know once i start driving it. lol

• Owner

I don't know why it can't be averaged out. Just need to divide total miles by the Trip gallons and you have AVG MPG for the tank. I've got to do it in my head right now and the quick way is for every gallon I expect 20 miles. So every 20 miles I check the gallons and see if its less than dividing then I know I'm ahead of the 20 MPG mark. The only thing this is missing is an odometer that's all. 

• Owner

Currently, there is a issue with the math on getting speed from the tire size and gears. I wished iQuad had an option to just pass the stock signal along. Like my truck, the odometer and the speedometer are right on the mark and should show 55 MPH when I'm traveling 55 MPH but it shows 57-58 MPH

3 hours ago, Raffron said:

Got question on I quad app. Does it average MPG at all? I see the eco. I see trip gallon. But what about average?  In the data log mine says max99.99 in the MPG

You have to put something in the mpg offset percentage or it will read 99.99. Once you do that you run 1/2 to 3/4s of a tank then adjust the quad for the actual gallons used. 

My gauge doesn't move for 200 miles. Then it drops fast till it gets to 1/4 tank. Then it loses fuel pressure when accelerating.  I don't go past half on the qauge. It has done this since puchased. 

Any ideas?

Not really a topic for this thread huh? Sorry boys.....