• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

On 5/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

It will read incorrectly if you are not running one of our fuel pressure sending units. The edge ones will usually read in that range or higher. 

Edge one reads around 70psi. That's why I had to buy yours which is no longer correct and changes it's reading by the day (keeps going up).

I'm not saying this is gospel. I'm saying I increased timing 1deg across the board and computer is up 6mpg compared to last trip to Denver and back. What's max safe timing? I've done arp400 studs, 103 springs, compounds, pushrods, 7x.012injectors, sovp44 on ho 02 nv5600 2500 with dual disc valair 650 . Thinking motor mounts need attention and maybe traction bars. Current tune is 100 fuel till 5psi then starts climbing, on road now, will send timing curve asap. All suggestions welcome. 120 mile trip. 

20180505_173917.jpg

With studs you can do pretty much whatever to the timing curve. I've had it as high as 26* when cruising before. I've created a tune with p pump-like timing that starts at 22* right when the quad takes over. Head gasket still is in one piece (knock on wood).  My daily tune timing is pretty tame, starting at 17* and has a nice linear ramp to max. 

@SGTmurph there is a reason it's called lieometer, need to verify by hand calculating. My litometer always tells me about 6-7 miles higher than it actually is. I got my quad dialed-in about perfect now at 155 for offset, when I fill up and hand calculate, it's pretty much dead on. I've been averaging 17-19 now that the winter is gone.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my truck will go into high idle after warmup temp is reached? I hit the pedle and it goes away. Just like quad zilla. But I unplugged the quadrille and it still does the same. Weird. No changes have been made. 

So it will idle up despite the Adrenaline being un-plugged? That's got to be something programmed into the ECU. I would look at your IAT sensor, it could be that its reading really low and may need to be replaced. ME78569 is right though, you will be able to understand a lot more with a data-log. 

• 3 weeks later...

first post! ive read through every page on this thread and 50+ pages of various others. I just got my v2 a few days ago and as everyone else, i am learning. I downloaded @Me78569 big injector race tune and for the most part it runs pretty good, but some tweaking can definitely be done. 

My biggest concern is 1st gear wont shift until 2100-2200 no matter what tps% im at. it has never been like this before. As well as some surging when at low rpm/low throttle in 3-4 gear

add a few % of canbus fuel in the 0-5psi area then smooth the 5+ psi curve.

One thing you really need to do is figure out how much fuel you can throw at it before you get smoke.  My guess is you can run a lot more fuel than I could since you are at sea level.    Use Valet mode setting to figure out your starting % for canbus fueling.    Start at %80 then increase or decrease that % until you find the right amount.

ive seen you recommend that to many people and i plan on doing so when i get a chance. That tune is VERY laggy until the turbo lights. This turbo spools almost instant with my previous setup. With this tune i stomped on the pedal and you would of thought i had 30k behind me. 

Ive been putting together my own "race" tune. This truck is purely a play truck. it gets driven maybe once a week or two and not at all on rainy days or winter time. 

Any thoughts on the reason why its holding first gear for so long?

your canbus fueling % is too low so you are having to use a ton of tps input to move down the road.  The TV cable is being pulled pretty far and your shift points are moved higher in the rpm range.  

Laggy will go away once you figure out the sweet spot.   find the point where you get darkish haze from the tail pipe then start messing with timing.

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

ive seen you recommend that to many people and i plan on doing so when i get a chance. That tune is VERY laggy until the turbo lights. This turbo spools almost instant with my previous setup. With this tune i stomped on the pedal and you would of thought i had 30k behind me. 

Ive been putting together my own "race" tune. This truck is purely a play truck. it gets driven maybe once a week or two and not at all on rainy days or winter time. 

Any thoughts on the reason why its holding first gear for so long?

i havent tried this tune out yet, so obviously thats gonna tell me what i need to know, but does anyone see anything wrong with this off the bat? might have to tune down the starting canbus, but it spools great with alot of fuel down low

my previous setup i had a smarty on 9 and a tst powermax 3.

Power Levels: 6

Timing

max load timing offset: 2*

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 5*

Timing Reduct Scaling: 50%

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 3*

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit:30%

Timing vs rpm

1500: 17

2000:20

2500:24

3000:28

Timing Max:30

Wiretap

Pump Stretch:2000

TPS Pump max:100%

TPS Pump Min: 0%

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage:20%

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 5psi

Boost Scaling:40psi

RPM Limit:3400

Power Reduction:

0 PSI %: 92

1 PSI %: 93

2 PSI %:94

3 PSI %:95

4 PSI %:96

5 PSI %:97

6 PSI %:98

7 PSI %:100

8 PSI %:102

9 PSI %:104

10 PSI %:106

11 PSI %: 108

12 PSI %: 110

13 PSI %:112

14 PSI %:114

15 PSI %:116

16 PSI %:119

18 PSI %:122

20 PSI %:125

22 PSI %:128

24 PSI %:131

26 PSI %:134

28 PSI %:137

30 PSI %:140

awesome. all my reading paid off somewhat haha. I'll do some testing with this and add in timing as i go. Or i might just add the timing then dial back if needed. thanks for the help! 

And ive always been a little confused about the pump stretch.... even after several youtube videos and reading i still dont quite understand what it does. I know the higher it is the more torque you produce and in turn more smoke, but if this was the case then why wouldnt all race tunes be set to the max? ive seen 1800-2000 for anyones race tunes. is it similar to smarties levels? In that it powers the same eventually, it just brings the fuel later in the curve the lower the number?

fuel stretch is added duration via Wiretap.  Pushing wiretap to 2200 results in a VERY long injection of the fuel because the fueling solenoid is open so long and the engine rotates more.  

This leads to a less than effiecent burn.      you get more torque at low rpms because you are injecting more fuel, but you aren't doing it effiecently so your hp tends to fall.    happy medium is normally 1800