• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Needed a spot for my cellphone...

• Owner

I got creative. I figured out a spot for my LG G4 cell phone. This happens to be a multifunction device being it's my MP3 player, cellphone, and my Quadzilla display. I've been laying it on my console most of the time. I got tried of that, dog laying across it, sliding off on the floor, trying to answer the phone, etc. Being the phone is jacked into the stereo I can listen to my MP3's through the stereo and if a call comes I can answer the phone call and its completely hands free (still legal). 

So I found a piece of scrap aluminum sign and start cutting, bending, notching, etc... This is what I came up with... It sits right in my ashtray.

DSCF3943.JPG

Now a got a nice spot for my cell phone at finger reach and easy to see...

DSCF3948.JPG

• Like 1

You need an engineer to ride with you to watch all that stuff!  Haha.  I do like it tho.  I hate having my phone out of my pocket, i would forget it once in a while. 

At work, we have a similar setup with a dedicated guy to watch it.  Egt, rpm, oil px x2, oil temp x2, oil coolers, oil quantity, torque, fuel flow, volts freqs loads, all x4.  Then cabin px, a transponder, fuel management across 8 tanks, and an errant few hundred circuit breakers that pop now and again...  plus keeping an eye on us!   I think he is underpaid.  

• Like 3

On 2/6/2017 at 0:03 AM, CSM said:

You need an engineer to ride with you to watch all that stuff!  Haha.  I do like it tho.  I hate having my phone out of my pocket, i would forget it once in a while. 

IMG_20161219_172426.jpg

That's why I use an old phone for it.  

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

Being I'm on the roads so much I need a way to use the phone, answer phone calls, etc. Being my phone only works when I'm not home I don't have to worry about the pocket thing being I'm in the saddle for at least 8 hours doing my round trip to Boise and home. More or less building my mini office right in the Cummins. I've got several people that call for support and I can help them with issues while I'm traveling. 

I put a Bluetooth radio for hands free talking. That was a nice idea but only thing it's good for is playing Pandora thru my phone. My old Cummins is WAY too loud for anyone to be able to hear me clearly. 

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hmmm.... It might get rather a mess in my cab soon. Arrgh... :doh:

lol

Well I'm sorry Mopar1973Man but unfortunately we have more than one bus systems on the 2nd gen trucks to monitor 
In fact we have 4 of them,  one is hidden by bosch, Yes the one used to calibrate the vp44 pump  K-Line.

Edited by Chris O.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
7 hours ago, crf450ish said:

HEY, @Mopar1973Man , that data logging you do w/ the quad.... where does it export to when you pull up at home? Google drive?  

Yeah... Google Drive.

Rather a pain in the butt. Kind of wish it was saved to the phone directly. I've got 64 GB (32 GB built in and 32 GB SD) of storage on my phone which I can access by USB. Since my phone always comes to my desk and is plugged into the PC. Nope... Gotta make sure the WiFi is turn on the phone so the phone can upload to Google so I can re-download the files again. I'm not fond of storing anything in the cloud. Being I run both Android and Linux I've got wonderful synchronizing software than can do a full backup of my phones contents way faster than Google Drive. 

6 hours ago, Jolsen said:

I have thought about making something like that for my tablet

7" tablet fits the pocket by the transmission excellent.

Once I'm done with programming I'll most likely quit firing up the Quadzilla app and just fire up my MP3 player on the phone for music. Being I can answer phone calls through the stereo I'll keep the location but not a requirement. This why I didn't make anything permanent.

Edited by Mopar1973Man