• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CJ-4 vs CK-4 diesel oil

The articles I looked at included fleet trucking and and said they were backwards compatible for them also. I am NOT a big conspiracy thinker so I dont think that someone or the EPA is trying to take us all out but I understand the concern that some have. I hope I am not wrong. I think it would be bad business for the oil companies for that to start happening. I hope I am right, if not, I might not ever hear the end of this. 

@KATOOM I guess this means I get no chicken dinner?

• Like 1

• Staff

That's what we do around here is eat chicken sandwiches and hijack threads, so it perfectly all right you guys.

And welcome to all the new folks coming aboard.

I'm still running CI-4 because I experienced an inordinate amount of metal sticking to the drain plug magnet from using CJ-4 only one time. So I went back.

• Like 2

I'm sure the new oil is fine, they have it in 15/40, 10/30, 5/40 all CK/SN.

i stocked up a little on CJ oil. not much and will likely get another 60-100 gallons soon. it's all over locally here, the only CK oil is at Walmart. i'm going to buy some travellers 15/40 for around 38$ a pale. then i have a friend with around 40 gallons of Swepco 15/40 CI oil he's willing to sell me for 10 a gallon.

what i might do is 50/50 CK/CJ. maybe that'll help extend things for me. but in all honesty, i don't think the newer oil will hurt any thing if changed when it's should be.

3 hours ago, dave110 said:

Oh yeah! That was the talk back here in dairy country a while ago. Cow farts full of methane gas are contributing to global warming. The EPA needs more to do.

Dont worry.....they're steadily working on doing something about everything.  I'm convinced that the EPA wont be happy until we're all running around in Birkenstocks smelling of BO and dreads.

• Like 1