• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wheels and Tire Setup

• Owner
On 6/24/2017 at 9:55 PM, TFaoro said:

Oops thought I replied. 

Been busy graduating from school, moving, starting a job, farming, dealing with insurance companies, etc. etc. haha

Yeah I'm not sure why it sits so butt-high. Yes it has 2in spacers too. 

IMG_20170622_173002342_HDR_zpsnw6uokjf.j

IMG_20170622_173010581_zpsggo9l6sn.jpg

All I can say is just wait till winter time or wet season. You are going to hate those tires poking out like that. I finally got mine tucked back under the fenders. After driving all winter and spring I started hating every 20 miles looking for a service station so I could clean the side windows. 20-30 miles the windows were so coated with salt and mud that you couldn't see in the mirrors to pass any one or lane change safely. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

29 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Well looks like I'm going to end up with some Cooper ATPs from discount tire. They have a pretty decent promo for 4th of July and the tread mileage is pretty nice as well. 

If they don't turn out alright I'll just blame @dripley:spank:

I for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase just send them to me and I will wear them out for ya.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

All I can say is just wait till winter time or wet season. You are going to hate those tires poking out like that. I finally got mine tucked back under the fenders. After driving all winter and spring I started hating every 20 miles looking for a service station so I could clean the side windows. 20-30 miles the windows were so coated with salt and mud that you couldn't see in the mirrors to pass any one or lane change safely. 

I think he mentioned a little bit back how fancy he is and has two sets of wheels/tires, for summer and winter. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, notlimah said:

Nice man! Congrats on all that!

I'm kinda jealous! Wish mine sat like that with the 2in spacer. 

Here's mine right now, obviously on a bit of a slope in my driveway, but you get the idea. 

IMG_5091.JPG.7ba2468cc708d052d63e916aa4e85f22.JPG

Nevermind the 265's :(

The long beds seem to sit a touch lower in the rear than the short beds. It's appears dang near perfectly level.

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not a problem. I've got a set of 4th gen wheels with 5K on new tires and a set of 4th gen wheels with no tires. One of those sets will be on during the wet / snow season. My current ones are just for summer.

• Staff
11 hours ago, BBHD said:

Fell free to return it! :lol3:

image.jpg

That's actually Dripley's head carpenter  ( a 6 foot 8 inch tall transvestite) who was caught stealing everything from tires to sewer pipe off the job

He was finally caught after placing a hidden cam inside the water meter cover.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

That's actually Dripley's head carpenter  ( a 6 foot 8 inch tall transvestite) who was caught stealing everything from tires to sewer pipe off the job

He was finally caught after placing a hidden cam inside the water meter cover.

I told him not to wear that skirt in public by he just wouldn't  listen. And if he had behaved himself I could have given him all the tires he wanted.tires.jpg.326641d44d447d8453f1c9f267132a4f.jpgFound these under the jobs building foot print.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

The long beds seem to sit a touch lower in the rear than the short beds. It's appears dang near perfectly level.

Not a problem. I've got a set of 4th gen wheels with 5K on new tires and a set of 4th gen wheels with no tires. One of those sets will be on during the wet / snow season. My current ones are just for summer.

Agreed, I'm going to wait and see what it looks like once I get 285's on it in a few days. What's weird is that sometimes it looks like it has a nice slight rake, a bit like yours, but other times, it's perfectly flat. If it is still perfectly level, I'll either be putting Timbrens in the rear to keep it from squatting or just dropping the front back to stock.

• Like 1

• Staff

I can't wait to get mine back down to stock as my older second gen is stock and I like the way it drives.

For some reason most the guys with dodge trucks all jacked and oversized tires seem to drive a bit aggressive for some reason. So I'm bucking this trend you see so common now.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

For some reason most the guys with dodge trucks all jacked and oversized tires seem to drive a bit aggressive for some reason. So I'm bucking this trend you see so common now.

You mean the bro truck or mall crawler?...  it has become very common out here and is hilarious watching people that can't make a good turn because the wheels are to wide and rub when turning.  It's nice to see stateies finally enforcing bumper and headlight height laws and in Wisconsin 2 1/4 inches of tire past the edge of body is all that is aloud trucks that look like Tfaoro summer wheels and tires do they would likely be getting stoped for a "D.O.T inspection"....

• Like 1

• Staff

.' mall crawler'. you see them so common everywhere around town.

Every contractor I ever hired with a jacked truck has never done good work and was a problem subcontractor on the job.

I do not mean to slight anyone on the forum who sits high up in his truck as I can understand the fun of having the view up there while cruising down the road. I'm merely expressing my experience with those that seem to be aggressive on the job or on the road.

Edited by JAG1