• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How much does my truck/trailer weigh?

I'd like to know what my trailer actually weighs. I found a scale and took weighs. Drove onto the scale. Here are the numbers. (Trailer is a 5er)

Truck:

Front Axle- 4400

F/R Axles- 9400

Rear Axle- 5250

Trailer:

Both Axles at the same time- 7700

I don't know what my truck weighs unloaded, but it's a 98.5 qcsb, auto, Dana 60/70, 4x4 stock bumpers, 265/70/17 tires on 03 steel wheels. 

Drop your trailer then weigh the truck with everything you had in the truck when you weighed them both. Deduct the that weight from your total. The only thing that bugs me about the weight stated above is the f+r axles ought toe equal the f/r total and its 250 pounds off. I know the few times I have weighed mine I only get the front axle, rear axle, and the trailer axles. Never got the f and r combined. That would have required me to re position the truck to get both axles on the same plate of the scale. 

X2 what dripley said.  Something is a little fishy with the numbers.  First I thought you might be seeing some tongue weight on the rear axle but couldn't figure out how you got a combined weight that was less than the sum of both axles (particularly with the trailer attached when you scaled).

Florin,

The reason they don't add properly, I am betting there is a slight angle going onto or off of the scale.  This will throw your totals off as the tongue weight shifted slightly because of the angle change. 

There is also, that looks like a county landfill, scrap yard, or small quary scale.  Those are not "usually" calibrated like or as often as dot certified scales.  This just says your mileage may vary.  

I will look for some of my weights.  rarely do I get  a chance to measure the truck empty.  (just not the opportunity to drop the trailer and weigh.)   In my mind though I use around 9,500 (or more depending on tools and fuel tanks) for the truck to ball park myself when trying to decide if I can pull and forget, or if I need to use all back roads to and from where I am going... :cool:

HTH

Hag

I scaled my 3rd gen truck last August (SB 4x4 with canopy) with one ton of pellets in the bed under the canopy and with my 19.5's on and the front axle was 4550 lbs and the rear axle was 5800 lbs.

If the pellets actual weight was 2000 lbs then my truck was at 8350 total weight.  I had full fuel, myself and some tools.

post-558-0-32034800-1394848834_thumb.jpg

I like pine, burch, oak, verity of stuff clear water hills and even mountains, fishing, camping old style not at camp grounds, at least around here. Too crowded, i have more privacy in my back yard, etc. But at the moment stuck in iowa, not a bad place to leave, in fact good for raising family. Just kinda want to get off work and see a nice lake or creek or whatever not endless fields, good thing for smaller rivers that are dirty most of the time, something to do. Not a mall person. ...

On 8/1/2017 at 4:02 PM, Florin1 said:

I'd like to know what my trailer actually weighs. I found a scale and took weighs. Drove onto the scale. Here are the numbers. (Trailer is a 5er)

Truck:

Front Axle- 4400

F/R Axles- 9400

Rear Axle- 5250

Trailer:

Both Axles at the same time- 7700

I don't know what my truck weighs unloaded, but it's a 98.5 qcsb, auto, Dana 60/70, 4x4 stock bumpers, 265/70/17 tires on 03 steel wheels. 

If you total up front and rear axle weight on truck which is 9400 then add 7700 on trailer axles, which would be 17100 lbs. then subtract your truck Tare weight which might average around 6700 lbs. give or take a little? Won't know exactly unless you weigh truck by its self .  That should leave your 5 th wheel at about 10400 lbs. 

After an issue with the law last year it was weighed at a D.O.T scale 7/8 tank of fuel no spare tire(don't ask part of reason for D.O.T inspection) myself one bottle Jack and impact weighed out at 6938 truck is a 1999 Quad cab short bed 4x4 auto, axles are 60/70 tires are 285/70/17 3rd gen fleet wheels no topper stock bumpers and suspension