• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dual Egt Probes

So I recently acquired a Quad with V2. However I just finished installing an EGT probe for my Isspro gauge prior to getting the quad. I'd like to run pillar gauges since I have had them on the shelf. But also want the gauge to work with the quad. Can I install another probe either above the current one? Or install the second probe in the front half of the manifold?

• Staff

The aft 3 are supposed to run hotter, which is why they are the preferred ones to monitor. 

I put my 2nd probe post-turbo and am glad I did. The info it gives me is much better than having 2 probes in the manifold. Post turbo is quite useful for cool down and lugging, both of which are masked by a pre-turbo probe. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gipperkid said:

@Red Rambler Get the tap kit from DAP if you don't have access to those tools. Isspro guages. Install guides: http://www.dieselmanor.com/diy/CMS-G2gauges/CMS-gen2gaugeinstall.asp There are plenty, just search the forums.

Thanks @gipperkid I purchased my mechanical fuel gauge from diesel manor. I can get a 1/8 npt tap from oreillys. I may already have one, just need to check. I was doing some research on glow shift due to price point but quickly said no due to the negative reviews. Isspro is what I am after. I like how diesel manor says to use small drill bits and step up to a larger bit to keeps the shavings small. 

@AH64ID I like the idea of monitoring temps before and after. I just hate to take the turbo back off to drill the elbow. I could probable put a weld in bung on the down pipe.

Yea. I drilled and tapped mine with the turbo off. Stepped up drill bits to the final size. Use Plenty of WD40 when cutting the threads. Use anti-seize on the probe adapter threads.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2017 at 12:19 PM, AH64ID said:

The aft 3 are supposed to run hotter, which is why they are the preferred ones to monitor. 

I put my 2nd probe post-turbo and am glad I did. The info it gives me is much better than having 2 probes in the manifold. Post turbo is quite useful for cool down and lugging, both of which are masked by a pre-turbo probe. 

Do you have pics of your post turbo probe setup?