• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Testing Injector Pop Pressure in the real world

Me78569

23 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

I have one I just have not looked at it to see if there is any evidence of what happened. I will not have time to stand through it probably for a couple more days. I can attach it and if someone's wanting to look it is right towards the end of the data log. As I'm coasting. I was going about 90 mile an hour before and was coasting to a stop sign when it happened.... 

surge.csv

I see where it kicks up to about 1/4 load at 0 throttle input right as RPMs drop to idle. Line 4285.  Do you have an oscillating surge when rpms drop to idle after high power runs? Cause I do.

Edited by trreed

• 2 weeks later...

So the injectors are pulled. I'm torn between 315 and 320(settling should be 305 or 310). 

Anyone else have any input before going to the shop, I will be this coming Wednesday. 

Besides @Me78569 is there anyone else running higher pop pressure that you know of @Mopar1973Man?

Edited by pepsi71ocean

Hey Jacobb @dieselautopower I was wondering what you guys set 100HP injectors to back in 2013? I know back when I first installed these they were quite smoke free. I'm wondering if they were set to 300 (I think that is what the sticker on the bag said)

Also I read back in here that you adjust the pop pressure based on the size of the injector?

On 9/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, dieselautopower said:

typically 300-310BAR.  We do raise the pressure slightly when they get bigger.  300HP we set for 315.

I have a question, Would you guys be willing to pop and flow test my injectors, then reset them to 320bar, and then flow test them again. I'm really wondering what the loss in fuel for would be. 

20 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I have a question, Would you guys be willing to pop and flow test my injectors, then reset them to 320bar, and then flow test them again. I'm really wondering what the loss in fuel for would be. 

How many miles are on the injectors/nozzles?  To test/ re-pop a set of our injectors we charge $110 shipped  to USA.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, dieselautopower said:

How many miles are on the injectors/nozzles?  To test/ re-pop a set of our injectors we charge $110 shipped  to USA.

Approx 33,000 miles. These 100s burned clean when I first got them from you guys, buy that was back in 2013/2014 ish. 

Question, if they were flow tested, will they still be the same flow test when popped across the board. 

I'll most likely give you a call tomorrow and ship these out to you guys. 

On 9/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, dieselautopower said:

flow should not change.  Pop pressures can settle as the springs wear in.  

Jacobb, I shipped them out today, the post office said Monday for arrival. I wanted to know what the pop pressure is current then after, so I can compare. And if there's a way to overnight then back to have them by Thursday then that would be great. 

• 3 months later...

Got some interesting info. When I bought the injectors I initially had them set to 340 bar. after getting what in my opinion I thought was enough information to make a choice on good Pop pressure I decided I was going to pull mine and repop to 315 bar. My VP was on its way out so I pulled the injectors while I waited a month and a half for a pump from XDP (long story, highly recommend not buying a pump or anything from XDP for that matter) I sent them in and just got them back. They had all settled around forty bar all the way down to 300 bar. There was also one nozzle needing replaced.

Snapchat-93301617.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2