• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yes, it never ends, but it pays back when driving down the road :burnout:

On more than one occasion I thought of getting something else myself but for whatever reason I'm still:truck:

V2 is not bad once you figure it out, time consuming for sure to tune just right. But you can get it pretty close to start with. Then it's fine tuning from there. 

Good looking truck and this place is great, makes some bad days much better just bsing here. Welcome to the club. 

Edit 

Nice house too, but what's funny is you'll get more compliments on your old truck then on the new house, from a real man at least ha ha. 

The house is hers...the truck is mine! Haha I was pretty proud of that park job going sideways across all three bays of my garage! Left me room to use my engine hoist to lift the head. My wife...not so impressed! She lost her spot for a month or so. So for that month only the important things were in the garage...my motorcycle and my truck! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2018 at 9:48 PM, Greg Vance said:

24A7387B-BAAA-4415-A3EE-CB216A82E2AB.jpeg

0A749FB3-A34A-4A0F-AD5B-5C3CE3BA8C35.jpeg

700ABB7F-45B6-4500-9073-6991685FCDA8.jpeg

1D373099-2378-4084-ADF5-AB7158D01E6E.jpeg

Beautiful job...  I have respect for people who care about attention to detail like I do.  Nice... :thumb1:

But question, Is that a spacer for the ECM on that gorgeous manifold?  And is that a catch bottle and vent?  If so, where did you mount it?

4 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Beautiful job...  I have respect for people who care about attention to detail like I do.  Nice... :thumb1:

But question, Is that a spacer for the ECM on that gorgeous manifold?  And is that a catch bottle and vent?  If so, where did you mount it?

That manifold is the tappet cover. The ECM mount looks a little different because the foam/plastic "noise Panel" is gone.

Nice truck too!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Thanks! As far as the tappet cover I used the Allen bolts Keating sent with the cover and then used the stock spacer bolts to remount the ECM in the original location. I did have to use a washer between the ECM and the bottom mounting point for the ECM to make up the difference in thickness of the billet tappet cover vs. stock cover. And I had some HP sticky shield from Heatshield Products so I stuck that to the back of the ECM to keep some radiant heat away from it. The catch bottle or vent as you referred to it I call it a catch can/breather. With the stock vent and the one on the Keating tappet cover I’m hoping to be able to allow the crankcase to breath and also catch the oil residue in that breather bottle. We will see how well it works. I wrapped the stock breather hose around the timing cover and kept a slight slope to the breather to allow oil to move without hindering air movement. And did the same with the tappet vent. Both feed into the breather. It’s mounted inside of the drivers side frame rail right next too the front drive shaft. I will try to snap some pictures to give you a better idea! Time will tell how well it will work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought this girl about a month ago but I caught the flu and hadn't had much energy to show her off so here she is! 

Billet trans. Brand new 125 horse injectors from ducky injection. Smeding 62/65/14 brand new afe cold air brand suspension all moog every part you can think of has been replaced including shocks edge chip hot rod VP44. Brand new fass pump 95gph (for sale it's too small). All new probably have abiut 3k on them.

2nd gen 24v 5.9 Cummins 311000 miles Eagle wheels on 35's. New mods under 3000 miles ago,shocks, led head and tail lights, tow mirrors, brand new blue led cab lights. It is straight piped 4in pipe to a 6in tip. Has a leveling kit on it. 5th wheel hitch. Has brand new brake pads, front calipers. Completely redone leather interior.

I stole this truck from the ole boy who owned it for $2k since he knows nothing about diesels and it only goes backwards LOL.

IMG_20181208_165205841.jpg

IMG_20181223_134041.jpg

IMG_20181223_134049.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Killer223 said:

are those screws in the plastic to hold it to the metal on the bumper?

sharp looking truck.. i like it!!

16 hours ago, Killer223 said:

are those screws in the plastic to hold it to the metal on the bumper?

sharp looking truck.. i like it!!

Lol yes. The clips that hold it on are broken. I was trying to make it look uniform and I was out of duct tape. 

16 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Well I bought this girl about a month ago but I caught the flu and hadn't had much energy to show her off so here she is! 

Billet trans. Brand new 125 horse injectors from ducky injection. Smeding 62/65/14 brand new afe cold air brand suspension all moog every part you can think of has been replaced including shocks edge chip hot rod VP44. Brand new fass pump 95gph (for sale it's too small). All new probably have abiut 3k on them.

2nd gen 24v 5.9 Cummins 311000 miles Eagle wheels on 35's. New mods under 3000 miles ago,shocks, led head and tail lights, tow mirrors, brand new blue led cab lights. It is straight piped 4in pipe to a 6in tip. Has a leveling kit on it. 5th wheel hitch. Has brand new brake pads, front calipers. Completely redone leather interior.

I stole this truck from the ole boy who owned it for $2k since he knows nothing about diesels and it only goes backwards LOL.

$2000...???  There HAS to be more to this story.

2 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

$2000...???  There HAS to be more to this story.

No that's literally it.... No blow-by, 55 block, one ton rear end, only thing wrong like I said is it only goes backwards which is probably just some clutches.

I heard he smoked the tranny on the Tuesday, went and looked at it Wednesday, told him I'd give him $2k on Thursday, picked it up Friday. 

The kid I bought it from literally knows nothing about diesels or mechanical anything, his exact words to me were, "I just wanna roll coal"

Edited by TheGreatWhite

14 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

No that's literally it.... No blow-by, 55 block, one ton rear end, only thing wrong like I said is it only goes backwards which is probably just some clutches.

I heard he smoked the tranny on the Tuesday, went and looked at it Wednesday, told him I'd give him $2k on Thursday, picked it up Friday. 

The kid I bought it from literally knows nothing about diesels or mechanical anything, his exact words to me were, "I just wanna roll coal"

I missed the part about transmission troubles... 

8 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

I missed the part about transmission troubles... 

Hopefully it isn't that bad of a fix, been told that's just some clutches.

23 minutes ago, ofelas said:

Nothing to feel proud of.

How?? It's a completely redone truck with aftermarket parts totalling well over $2k?

7 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Hopefully it isn't that bad of a fix, been told that's just some clutches.

How?? It's a completely redone truck with aftermarket parts totalling well over $2k?

You missed the point.

Men don't bend men over, and then brag about taking advantage of a fellow enthusiast.