• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

+50 Injectors

Doesn't seem like a MAP issue to me. 24lbs is on the high end of a normal HX without boost elbow and fooler, I think if you added those you'd see roughly another 10lbs of boost and cool things off. Still suprising you're getting so warm with 50hp sticks. 

MAP appears fine. My scanner reads MAP in inches of HG. 1 inch of HG = .491 PSI. my MAP reads 29 static which is 14.2 PSI (atmospheric pressure).  75 inches of HG = 38.825 PSI. Subtract 14.2 and we have 22.6.... darn close to what my boost gauge reads.

SOOOOOOO.... certainly appears that my boost is appropriate. Pump or injectors???

• Like 1

Boost leak.  

You mentioned black smoke smoke and high egts.  Those should be non existent with mild sticks. 

When I had boost leaks with my old truck that had a mild setup the smoke was atrocious and it ran hotter than normal. 

• Owner

After doing the trip down to Parma, ID with my RV on Tuesday my +75HP (7 x 0.0085) DAP Injectors, HX35/40 Turbo and the Quadzilla (with my custom tune) I could pull a 6% grade with cruise set for 55 MPH and barely reach 1,100*F. I just did another edit to my Quadzilla tune and managed to REDUCE my EGT's even more.  At 60 MPH cruise set, I hover at about 500-550*F on a flat highway.

DSCF3419.JPG.87a31126e1b273102698b9ced31

Various blends of WVO and kerosene, Jet A, RUG, #2 diesel, #1 diesel, home heating oil, and other things I care not to mention.

Now this being said RUG (Regular Unleaded Gasoline) is very low in BTU's and very high in cetane. Your mixture of fuels is having an effect like timing most likely. More you lean towards the oil side the more the BTU's go up and the cetane goes down which is a good thing. I don't see any kind of tuner in your signature so I'm wondering if you did jump into a Quadzilla if you would be able to tune out some of the EGT heat.

• Like 1

• Owner

Tuner before water injection. The problem is the Cummins ECM is rather retarded in timing for smog purpose. With a tuner, you'll have better fuel, timing, and boost management.

Water injection... Some say it will cool the EGT's some but most of us here don't even use water injection.

11 hours ago, Jack Owen said:

I think my next decision os going to be water injection or a tuner? Thoughts?

You have problem that needs to be fixed before you add anything. Your EGT's are double what they ought be and smoke sounds way out of whack. My truck with the 50's cruising on level ground does so at 650* or so  as yours should. 

Did all of this start when you installed the injectors?

• Like 2