• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got ya,  I checked at mccall and it was 38xx.   

regardless the altitude has a big effect on smoke vs fuel at 0 psi.      I THINK the ecm does something around the 2000' altitude area in the maps.    I always  noticed a big change in north platte - grand island area in terms of smoke reduction that is abrupt.

Edited by Me78569

• Staff
38 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Got ya,  I checked at mccall and it was 38xx.   

regardless the altitude has a big effect on smoke vs fuel at 0 psi.      I THINK the ecm does something around the 2000' altitude area in the maps.    I always  noticed a big change in north platte - grand island area in terms of smoke reduction that is abrupt.

Ill look when I'm around my tuning computer. 

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm going to say around 80% is your starting point. 

Thanks, I'm at 86 now with 75hp so I was guessing 80 for 150hp I'll have to see what it does on my current tune and go from there. 

BTW when are you planning on doing 7x10, I know you've been mentioning it latly. Are going with vco and about 320 pop? That's what I asked dap for, should have them in few days. 

3 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

@Mopar1973Man 90 percent

I'm guessing because of 14mm housing and being automatic you can start higher. But then like you said earlier you want more on take off.

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Thanks, I'm at 86 now with 75hp so I was guessing 80 for 150hp I'll have to see what it does on my current tune and go from there. 

BTW when are you planning on doing 7x10, I know you've been mentioning it latly. Are going with vco and about 320 pop? That's what I asked dap for, should have them in few days. 

I'm guessing because of 14mm housing and being automatic you can start higher. But then like you said earlier you want more on take off.

Yep I want that turbo to spool

On 8/8/2018 at 10:46 PM, Dieselfuture said:

I've been kinda following your foot steps on turbo and now injectors, I just got a set coming of 7x10 vco at 320 pop. Hopefully my hybrid 62/67/12 won't run too hot. I know I can tune it out and maybe won't need wiretap at all as I hardly ever used it before. Where do you start your canbus at, I know you got auto but just curious. 

Will someone please explain why the 320 pop instead of a higher pop off number, like per say for example 400 on the injectors. If I remember the lower the PSI pop the worse atomization is and it doesn't burn the fuel efficiently. which leads to poor performance and mileage. So if I am guessing the higher the numbers in bar the more advanced the timing is??

Thanks!

1 hour ago, mopar440cu said:

Will someone please explain why the 320 pop instead of a higher pop off number, like per say for example 400 on the injectors. If I remember the lower the PSI pop the worse atomization is and it doesn't burn the fuel efficiently. which leads to poor performance and mileage. So if I am guessing the higher the numbers in bar the more advanced the timing is??

Thanks!

Here ya go 

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/13364-testing-injector-pop-pressure-in-the-real-world/?tab=comments#comment-168059

• Thanks 1