• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline

Finlandese

Hello. I'm new member here and I'm located in Finland. I have Quadzilla tuner in my 98 24V. It's older 1000 series version with iquad. Is it possible to update it somehow to v2 version?? I would like to fine tune my truck more. Thank you.

I have been reading articles about Quadzilla custom tuning and I'm trying to suck all the info. But I'm little confused about all the specs. My english isn't so good and I have difficulties to understand all the fine words. Can someone explain to me what means wire tapping, fuel stretch etc.?? I know that Me78569 has explained everything deeply in the article but because my language is Finnish I find it hard to understand it full. And if someone have some tunes close to my truck setup, I appreciate it. Thanks and sorry :)

• Owner
40 minutes ago, Finlandese said:

Can someone explain to me what means wire tapping, fuel stretch etc.??

Wire tapping is exactly that, you are tapping the fuel solenoid lead. This allows the Quadzilla direct control of the fuel solenoid.

I'm using a Stealth plate. This plate taps the wire for you.

DSCF1316.JPG.c3746d78e7f7d4dbd126f58c5fc

Here is a standard scotch-lock wire tap which typically is a poor method.

DSCF6166.JPG

Fuel Stretch you taking the CANBus fuel pulse that is being delivered to the solenoid (square wave) now your going to stretch the square ware pulse out say 1,800 us more. Making the VP44 fuel harder and longer. Hence the power increase. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Best is to try different tunes and see which one is working better. Keep in mind some higher timing on tunes, if you don't have studs don't run too much timing. 

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/185-standard-quadzilla-adrenaline-tunes/

Wire tap is what Mike posted, it adds about 25-30% of power on top of canbus fuel, but with your bigger injectors you may not need it as much. If you do use it setting it around 1400 -1600 will probably be the sweet spot. 

I just installed 7x10 and not really planning on using wiretap as I can probably get good power just from injectors. Just took out 75hp injectors and most of time I stayed on level 3. Reason I went with 7x10 is my Turbo, it want more fuel, I was maxing out canbus rather quickly half way through the map. 

Just download some tunes closest to your mods and you can fine tune from there.