• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner
Just now, LiveOak said:

Hopefully AirDog will step up and stand by that life time warranty.

Yes they will. I'm in the system I've just replaced my orignal pump head this last summer which lasted 13 years. Now this one barely made 6 months or so. Strange part is the last one got noisy and loud this one remained quiet and just died popped the fuse. I'm going to pull it off and look and see what happened. 

Man, it just crazy for me these days. Get up early work my tail off and feel even more abused by the end of the day. Wonder why I have high blood pressure. :duh: So I got to focus on doing repairs to the 96 Dodge which I got the MAP and TPS coming today from RockAuto. 

Then swap that truck out of the shop and stick in the Cummins. Now The only reason I'm betting this caught me totally off guard is typically I do a full creeper inspection of everything under the truck during my oil changes. This last one I was stuck with a catheter and couldn't do it so I had a friend do the oil change for me. Of course the inspection wasn't done. I would of seen the fuel weeping form the pump and diagnosed what was happening. I'm stuck just getting back to my shop and getting the work hashed out. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes they will. I'm in the system I've just replaced my original pump head this last summer which lasted 13 years. Now this one barely made 6 months or so. Strange part is the last one got noisy and loud this one remained quiet and just died popped the fuse. I'm going to pull it off and look and see what happened. 

Air Dog honored their warranty for me.   I installed an Air Dog circa 2012.  Last September - on a long distance trip - the pump failed.  Dead.  The best I could do for the immediate term was to rent a car and drive 150 miles to a Summit Racing store and buy a complete replacement Air Dog pump assembly. Expensive as heck - but no other convenient option that would have me back on the road quickly.  (I wasn't about to wait for up to 1 week for delivery of a replacement part.)  So - I bought a new on and installed it and resumed my trip.

When I got home and had free time - I sent them photos of the bad motor.  Seal failed and the motor failed.  Lots of 'burnt carbon' smell.   Within 2 weeks - a replacement motor pump assembly showed up.  Wonderful.   I will wrap it up in protective plastic and store it in a safe location UNDER the truck bed.   Next time the pump fails, if I am on the road - I can drop the package down, pull out the pump/motor assembly - and swap it - and probably take less than 1 hour to do the swap.

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

4 Allen Screws and you can change the pump head pretty quick. Just need the filters removed to change the pump head.

Yup.

I wish I had taken more time to investigate the swapping of motors.   I swapped the entire assembly with the new one.  Unfortunately - the hose connections for the 2012 block were/are different from the new one...so I spent a fair amount of time under the truck (in cold weather...Mammoth Lakes, 7,000 ft. elevation) re-doing the lines.  If I had known that the new pump was a direct swap with the old one - I would have swapped it out....and been on the road faster!

• Owner

2G (guessin') pump exact match on the OEM AirDog.

I'm glad I pack the way I do. It made it super easy. Knowing there is no parts to fix the problem and tools are not needed. We had food, water, blankets for warmth and doing just fine. No issues there. Every single failure I've had there was nothing I could fix in the field without parts to replace the damaged part. Now being I did pack for survival even in a city it makes the wait for the tow truck so much nicer and tolerable. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

2G (guessin') pump exact match on the OEM AirDog.

I'm glad I pack the way I do. It made it super easy. Knowing there is no parts to fix the problem and tools are not needed. We had food, water, blankets for warmth and doing just fine. No issues there. Every single failure I've had there was nothing I could fix in the field without parts to replace the damaged part. Now being I did pack for survival even in a city it makes the wait for the tow truck so much nicer and tolerable. 

Served you well my friend.

• Like 1

Glad to see your feeling a whole bunch better. Your time has been well served, but your not done just yet.

As for the cannabis, the good Lord put everything on this earth for a reason.

My last go with Crohn's was ugly. 6 weeks & I lost 17 lbs. & now 6 months later & I have gained 20 back. If not for the cannabis, things could of got a lot worse, that was the only thing that kept me eating. I literally hate getting the crap kicked out of me.

Take care, as you have a lot left to accomplish according to the Big Guy in the sky!

• Like 3

• Owner

I gotta say thank to all the Good Wishes. I'm still going fairly strong. Like I targeted @Bacon Creek Metal last night and talk to him on the phone. He might make a plan to stop by someday soon. Like today I'll be busy getting my paperwork together for the hospital. I might hand delivery the papers to McCall so to get the ball rolling quicker. Then I've also got to make an appointment for CT scan this week (Wed or Fri) to have my right kidney look at again.

4 hours ago, jag said:

As for the cannabis, the good Lord put everything on this earth for a reason.

It also gotta be used responsibly. That is why it got a bad wrap now because all the pups want it just to get stoned where guys like me need it for a medical and healing reason. It is a wonderful herb and does so many things when you study up on it. It can deal with so many health issues it unbelievable.

4 hours ago, jag said:

Take care, as you have a lot left to accomplish according to the Big Guy in the sky!

Like I tell everyone this is all a big mistake. This wasn't supposed to happen. I'll admit the whole website was a total mistake. I bought the truck brand new never own a diesel and never been to diesel school at all. Everything from 2004 forward was me just trying to save my own time. I created a few web pages to keep from typing over and over. Then add my email address. The idea grows into what you see today which I'm trying to handle 1,900 per day and close to 34,000+ people per month. Everything I've learned is from experiences of my own problems or from people around me and helping with here problems. Like today I still continue to learn new tricks and idea. The only thing the Good Lord wants me to do is to share my knowledge. I thought to be a teacher but here I am doing just that.  

4 hours ago, jag said:

My last go with Crohn's was ugly. 6 weeks & I lost 17 lbs. & now 6 months later & I have gained 20 back. If not for the cannabis, things could of got a lot worse, that was the only thing that kept me eating. I literally hate getting the crap kicked out of me.

Man, that is rough from what I read up on it. I'm glad you found a natural way of dealing with the issue.

As for me, I've got 5 vials of pills on the counter and absolutely don't want to touch them. All they do is compound the problem and make me feel worse with other problems as side effects trying to fix the main problem. Not happening. Like my pain meds make you constipated. Blood pressure pills make you loopy. There is one for bladder spasms that adds to the constipated. Then anti-biotic we'll I used those up. I switched over to cannabis, Hawthorn berry, turmeric, exercise and eating more veggies and fruit fewer meats.  I've lost about 10 pounds since the start. I'm feeling stronger and better. I'm also riding a bicycle up to 12 miles when I'm down in Ontario, OR. 

Capture+_2019-01-27-07-02-39.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As for me, I've got 5 vials of pills on the counter and absolutely don't want to touch them. All they do is compound the problem and make me feel worse with other problems as side effects trying to fix the main problem. Not happening. Like my pain meds make you constipated. Blood pressure pills make you loopy. There is one for bladder spasms that adds to the constipated. Then anti-biotic we'll I used those up. I switched over to cannabis, Hawthorn berry, turmeric, exercise and eating more veggies and fruit fewer meats.  I've lost about 10 pounds since the start. I'm feeling stronger and better. I'm also riding a bicycle up to 12 miles when I'm down in Ontario, OR.

This is an interesting side effect that I wasn't ready aware of. Considering I have a CDL.

• Like 1

• Owner

There is a method to my madness. That why I've got a hidden phone number listing for all users this makes it super easy for my to reach out and help you or possible make contact to possibly get help for other members. As for you @Bacon Creek Metal I was cheating and didn't feel like typing more. So I cheated and called. :whistle:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

This is an interesting side effect that I wasn't ready aware of. Considering I have a CDL.

Ya, with a CDL thier is 0 tollarance no matter if it’s medical or not, still illegal on the fed level. 

@Mopar1973Man I’m sure you’ve done the research on the situation and with all the driving you do, Is cannabis legal in Idaho for med. purposes ?