• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey you guys I got to get rid of a skunk.....

JAG1

• Staff

Thanks 'IB', I knew you would be the only one I could count on for advice. Pretty soon expired skunk smell featured around my place......Speaking of which..... how come all the expired members? Are they heading for the undertaker?

Edited by JAG1

'They" say if you pick them up by the tail they can't spray you. Trouble is getting to the tail in the first place. 'They' also say if you throw a cover over them they can't spray. I have not tried either. Let me know how you make out.

Years ago I had a family of skunks after my chickens (yes @dripley I'm coming out of the closet). I set traps and caught a bunch of them but what an awful stinkin mess (the shunks).Lasted for more like a week or 2. I probably should have just let them kill the chickens instead :sofa:

Just had another thought. Place this picture where the skunks are. Guaranteed they'll get the heck out of Dodge.

h&n.gif

Edited by dave110
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, dave110 said:

I probably should have just let them kill the chickens instead :sofa:

Now thats just uncalled for there. This is a job for the free ranger chickens, if 

I could find them.

• Haha 4

My grandpa used to live trap them on the other side of the pond then pull a rope attached to the trap from across the pond into the water to drown them.   

rarely had one spray. 

if you shoot them in the spine they also can't spray.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Staff

The post shooting smell is generally gone by morning, thou there will still be some residual smell in the dirt. Make sure the windows to the house are all closed too!!!

Ive heard they won’t spray if they can’t raise their tail, that’s false... very false. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Staff

Ever since starting this discussion I haven't seen it. Before I was seeing it too often near my back door, close enough to see with the lights on.

According to the Prius owners club.... all you need do is hang it near a Cummins exhaust pipe, run truck for 30 seconds and all smell will be gone. :wink:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dieselfuture, It make me happy to see people laugh. Life so dang short.... it should be a gov't mandate that everyone develop a sense of humor.

Amen to that brother!. Its amazing what a little laughter will do for you in times of adversity. Seems alot of folks have lost the ability to laugh at ones self in the middle of a :doh: moment. Life is short and laughfter is free, just use it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dieselfuture, It make me happy to see people laugh. Life so dang short.... it should be a gov't mandate that everyone develop a sense of humor.

I think they mandated enough crap for us, not that I don't agree more people need a sense of humor. I think we can all be more happy if we live a simpler life and not chase what naighbors have. 

• Staff
4 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I think they mandated enough crap for us, not that I don't agree more people need a sense of humor. I think we can all be more happy if we live a simpler life and not chase what naighbors have. 

Whats really cool is how different things are when you get older.... how you want only the simpler side of life and live like you have all the time on your side. Not in big hurry to have everything. 

11 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

They might if you guarantee them an income!

I know the gov't people have a guaranteed income. They sit around and think of ways to run out of money, or at least make it look that way, and then think of another way to tax even more. Most of us have to add some kind of value to society so end up working hard.

• Like 1