Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Recommended Posts

I will start with getting stuck on the job for 5 weeks without going home. That in itself sucks. But to top that of the wife almost gets t boned by a car running a red light. The car was totaled. But is a 1998 Saturn 4 door and both air bags deployed so it does not take alot to total it. Impact was on the passanger side front corner and continued over the hood.

20200323_133325.jpg.43e95ff00c9e0c4de236120af5f16d3b.jpg

My 90 year old MIL was riding shotgun and came thru ok, just bruised up and sore. The wife was not so fortunate. At 4'9" tall she sits right up on the wheel. I dont believe impact was her problem, it appears to me that the air bag did all the damage. She had her hand across the wheel and it slammed her arm into her face causing a hairline fracture to her thumb. This knocked her front dental loose so she cant bite any food right now. Her other hand got banged up so they are both swollen. It is just a blessing she did not get 5 or 6 feet further into the intersection or they would have been t boned and not sure the MIL would have survived that. I did finally make it home and all is as well as can be expected.

 

I then return to work only to have the owner shut the job down. Had deal with closing everything up and haul excess materials of site and get back home Thursday night before easter. Easter Sunday we have a major storm blow thru and I was up most of the night. Stepped outside a few time see some lightning and hear thunder off in distance all pretty much no big deal. About 4am Monday morning I hear a boom, crack and see a flash of light all at the same time. Power immediately dies. Figure lighting has struck a transformer and we will have to wait on the power co. I go outside again and notice my trash can is gone. Found it in the neighbor's drainage ditch. Got it and put it back in front house and turn to towards the house. Thats when I notice I seem to have a tree growing between the 5th wheel and the house. Sure enough the neighbor's tree is now mine and laying both the house and the 5th wheel.

20200414_135251.jpg.dcd29f8393e3f585f2a701c6927318dc.jpg

 

The house is on the left and the 5th is in center.

20200414_140101.jpg.adca17bdb52fb2fd83451cb7d45daca9.jpg

The bulk of tree is on the trailer anf the landing gear is 2" off of the ground.

20200414_135745.jpg.154490e400099061f701ad40b4d1f3ef.jpg

It crushed the roof about 15 geet or so from the rear and my insurance compay totaled it. 

20200416_102512.jpg.18d700f58b1f35991de6416dfd451840.jpg

Now I get to empty it and got sent off on another job. This is going to be fun. Anyway I had figured to get a little time of at home to catch up on other things but that sure went out the window. The house faired very well maybe 400 bucks in minor damage.

TS-D08-095G-or-TS-D08-165G-2.pdf

Edited by dripley
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

One item l left and get to check oof the list is this.

20200425_185201.jpg.2907fafb608b0205240e74828ddb6c17.jpg

2016 Chevy Equinox.

20200425_185220.jpg.aea6b7ab972346c256222edb700c1bec.jpg

20200425_185240.jpg.0c9a81ff7f124816bdb0b54ede6dd760.jpg

Fits the wife quite nicley. I can even the seat for me and fit in back seat comfortably. 

 

She was test drive on the so l drove. When we got back she drove thru car lot. Me and sales man lost her. I went wandering around and found making a 3 point road turn amongst all the cars for sale. I walked and she was grinning from ear to ear, looked up and said l like this back up camera. She is still smiling.

 

One item off the list.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet she enjoys that car, 

 

Does that mean you go shopping for a new 5ver,? That scene looks all to familiar, When I took my wife to look at some new (used) campers  I had a few picked out, I took her to the most expensive one first, because it was close, we didn’t make it to the rest of them, I now have RV payments again, but a happy wife is a good life 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I bet she enjoys that car, 

 

Does that mean you go shopping for a new 5ver,? That scene looks all to familiar, When I took my wife to look at some new (used) campers  I had a few picked out, I took her to the most expensive one first, because it was close, we didn’t make it to the rest of them, I now have RV payments again, but a happy wife is a good life 

 

 

 

She is liking it for sure and its paid for. Probably wont buy another 5th wheel right away. Going to retire next year and not sure what we will be doing. Darn sure not ready for another payment right now.

 

6 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Sorry for all your troubles, hopefully you'll come out on better end of it. Good thing you had insurance and it looks like they will take care of you. 

I think we will come out alright as long as the other folks insurance takes care of the wife and her problems. They paid her for the car, $2000 + $500 for loss of use. And my insurance company has reached a fair settlement with me. Now l get to empty it. Lived in there for 15 years. It's not going to be fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dripley said:

Lived in there for 15 years. It's not going to be fun.

Yhea I hear you it's never easy for things like that. But it's only material things and I've learned over time that it's not what life is about. It does suck when it happens though. We've been through 3 houses in last 10 years and every one I thought we were staying for a long time, me being the way I am, I tried to rebuilt/fix all I could, losing sleep, doing best I can, then life changed and we sell for average price. More than half the stuff i did did not matter for price it was more for my piece of mind. So yhea I hear you, but I think you'll be alright and move on. Important things survived that all that matters. Wish you best of luck. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors

Dripley I'm sorry about all this that happened to you. I tend to look only at the bright side. Like for instance...... now  perhaps you will pick out a more convenient RV that will help travels out west to see us and get to see the mountains of the west in your retirement.:thumb1: Just tell moparman you have sprained wrist when you get to his place.:thumbup2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

Sorry to hear about all that has been going on, but I am happy to hear it wasn't worse. 

 

New rig and a new camper... things aren't going to turn out that bad. You even have a truck load of firewood that will bring you immense joy to burn. 

 

Stay safe and positive. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Man that gotta suck lose your rolling home for job sites. Hopefully the insurance company will rapidly replace your RV for ya. I'm glad the wife and other are OK in the accident. She will have an awesome car to drive.

 

Keep your spirits up it is a trying time but we will all come through this together. 

 

Oh @dripley if you come out to Idaho you may not park in my backyard. Most likely my massive maple tree will come and find you. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Sorry to hear about all that has been going on, but I am happy to hear it wasn't worse. 

 

New rig and a new camper... things aren't going to turn out that bad. You even have a truck load of firewood that will bring you immense joy to burn. 

 

Stay safe and positive. 

It is working itself out pretty well I think. Get the wife and all will be well. I had thinking  about  scaling down on the 5th wheel. That 35 footer was just bigger than I needed. The truck pulled it just fine but I think would like 10k trailer versus the 15k it has. Een hauling. We shall see.

 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Man that gotta suck lose your rolling home for job sites. Hopefully the insurance company will rapidly replace your RV for ya. I'm glad the wife and other are OK in the accident. She will have an awesome car to drive.

 

Keep your spirits up it is a trying time but we will all come through this together. 

 

Oh @dripley if you come out to Idaho you may not park in my backyard. Most likely my massive maple tree will come and find you. 

It was just alot of crap happening all at once out of the blue. I was headed home for a little R and R and it turned into anything but that. I did make short work out of the  out of the car. It took 5 weeks to buy the Saturn. Took 2 days to buy Chevy. The wife can be a bit picky.

The worst is trying with the RV. Got to empty it. Before I could start I get call from the office and I am now sitting on a job in Asheville NC. The location is great but I took over a job from a super that was let go and now have 4 weeks of work to get done in 3 weeks. I hate jobs like this. A real pita. On a brighter note I did get reimbursed for the tree removal. Check is sitting at the house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
8 hours ago, dripley said:

 

 

 

The worst is trying with the RV. Got to empty it. Before I could start I get call from the office and I am now sitting on a job in Asheville NC. The location is great but I took over a job from a super that was let go and now have 4 weeks of work to get done in 3 weeks. I hate jobs like this. A real pita. On a brighter note I did get reimbursed for the tree removal. Check is sitting at the house.

Why do they have to push people so hard Dripley. What's the big deal opening one or two weeks later? :shrug: They make plenty of money already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...