• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

M73M.Com get together at Mopar1973Man's

• Owner

Add in the work done. I went on a ride with @IBMobile he started to have wheel bearing issues on the passenger side. I made the run to Lewiston, ID to get the unit bearing for him.  Dan got his front wheel bearing. Next we started to play with bearing on my trailer the first one we check had metal. I'm just going to pick up all 4 axle bearings and repack. My RV is going to get serious milage this time. I've got an appointment at 11am today to get new rubber on @Wet Vette Hyundai and new rubber on my truck. Tires are already been order and delievered to Riggins, ID and a killer price. 

All in all it been a blast having both @IBMobile and @JAG1 here.

• Owner

For once @JAG1 had no repairs and just came ot hang out. @IBMobile just had the wheel bearing issue on the passenger side. Then myself I'm nearly the end. Fresh rubber on the truck and the lil car too. Brake cable is ordered today and I gotta run to Ontario to get it. Then While I'm there I'm going to pick up the wheel bearing on the RV. Looking to make it down to Bullhead City Arizona soon.

• Staff

I really enjoyed talking with Dripley. I hope we get to meet over the campfire someday. I can tell it be fun. :thumb1:

So fun to meet up with Mopar Man and have IBMobile at the same time poking me back for all the fun on the forum :poke:It was a blast.

It was good to meet Eileen too. I can tell she is a good person to keep Mike in line :punish:

IBMobile got a new roof on his rv and I got a whole new A/C system and heater core in my work truck. Feels like a new truck. Win win situation

• Like 3

• Owner

Well as for the RV I've been hunting yesterday. After 10 hours of driving down to Ontario and back home again. I found the wheel bearings at my local NAPA but then got my brake cable from O'reilly's down in Ontario. Make the day bad my bank now for the 5th time has shut down my debit card because it was stolen. WTF? It's still in my hands. So after a layover for an hour arguing with the bank I was finally able to get fuel in @Wet Vette Hyundai and then get a bite to eat. Just purchasing my brake cable in Ontario trip the fraud protection. even though on Tuesday I bought 1,100 dollars worth of tires but a $26 dollar brake cable is consider fraud. Go figure. 

Then just for making the trip later it now starts to rain this morning so, installing bearings isn't going to happen today. I'll get the truck parking brake done that's it.

It was awesome to have the guys stop by and hang out for a few days. I sure do miss both of them already and wish the weather was nice when they were here. I never got to show them much of anything because of the weather. Been raining just about every day. 

I'm still planning on going south...

• Staff

I did all 4 corners of the 5th wheel earlier this spring. I had a hard time finding anyone that stocked US Timken bearings, goes to show the sad state of affairs when no one wants quality or US made for just a couple bucks more.  Anyhow, finally found a place in Nampa that could get them from the warehouse. It’s not a bad job, and well worth the time to ensure it’s safe to go on a road trip. 

• Staff
16 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just trying to find a full set of 4 matching bearing is near impossible for me. Let a lone just asking for Timken's. 

Yeah it’s not easy. 

I had to wait a week or so for mine, but I had the time. 

Were you able to find races too?

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

but then got my brake cable from O'reilly's down in Ontario. Make the day bad my bank now for the 5th time has shut down my debit card because it was stolen. WTF? It's still in my hands.  Just purchasing my brake cable in Ontario trip the fraud protection. even though on Tuesday I bought 1,100 dollars worth of tires but a $26 dollar brake cable is consider fraud. Go figure. 

FYI, Wells Fargo requires me to advise them when I leave the state and dates/locations I will be in....

If I don't , bam, card gets locked down. At least the form is easy to fill out on line.

• Owner
1 hour ago, NIsaacs said:

FYI, Wells Fargo requires me to advise them when I leave the state and dates/locations I will be in....

If I don't , bam, card gets locked down. At least the form is easy to fill out on line.

Seriously... this is stupid and pain in the :moon:. I've been buying fuel and parts from Ontario for the last 5 years no issue. I've been shopping now in Lewiston, ID and Clarkston WA and there was never a issue. Like yesterday I was denied at the very same Maverik Fuel station I've been using for 5 years in Payette, ID. Explain this one... But all my purchases in Lewiston and Clarkston have gone without a problem. 

Glad I dont have that problem in all the in the states l drive thru. Been using a wells fargo and amex card for the past 20 years. If I had to fill out something everytime l went to a different state, l would find another card.

9 hours ago, dripley said:

Glad I dont have that problem in all the in the states l drive thru. Been using a wells fargo and amex card for the past 20 years. If I had to fill out something everytime l went to a different state, l would find another card.

It's not a big deal for me, easy peasy. I have had this account for 43 years, credit and debit are attached. Small town USA has two banks here, Wells Fargo and Arizona Bank, once you leave the state, Arizona Bank is useless.

54 minutes ago, NIsaacs said:

It's not a big deal for me, easy peasy. I have had this account for 43 years, credit and debit are attached. Small town USA has two banks here, Wells Fargo and Arizona Bank, once you leave the state, Arizona Bank is useless.

Crossing 3 or more states it could be pain. Glad I dont have to do it. 

• Staff

I was with Chevron for 46 years. Once they shut me down because I was one state away from home. Said card was stolen. After waiting on the phone so dang long and finally getting a person with such a thick accent I could not understand her except, that the card is stolen, I used my back up funds to get home. No big deal Chevron got cut up and tossed,even when they sent two new cards for my wife and I. 

• Owner

@JAG1Finally I got the parking brake fixed today!

@dripley I've been the same way crossing into Ontario, OR and Clarkston, WA for the last 3 months. No issues now Fraud Protection is kicking my :moon:.  Now I've called around and talked to several banks and the trend is you must call before travel which personally think its :wtf: time. I think part of this is because the amount of people home with COVID-19 lock down. There must of been a spike in electronic crime. 

@NIsaacs I've been that way for 20 years and travelled all over the place. Never have I had to call the bank to tell them I'm travelling or have to use their app so it tracks my location. :badidea:

• Like 2

• Owner

Oh... Just called my bank to inform them I would be traveling for work reasons... They informed me that I MUST call before each purchase so the fraud protection doesn't trip. :wtf: After arguing for over an hours I told them I'm done and will no longer be using there services. I'm in the process of transferring to a new bank... 

• Like 3