• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Ram 2500 KeyFOB

9 hours ago, wil440 said:

My original fob from my 3500 has a panic button but both fobs for my 2500 don't

I got one coming from eBay has same fcc code and looks identical to the one I have, we'll see how it looks like and if I can program it when it shows up. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-CHRYSLER-KEYLESS-REMOTE-START-ENTRY-KEY-FOB-PHOB-TRANSMITTER-GOH-M24/154201635785?pageci=afebdaec-9cbb-4082-94e9-ab0c8ee72e55&epid=1023257766

Well got my fob today and had no luck in programming. My original is only a 2 button, luck and unlock no panic button. Maybe it hand one at one time but I only got the one with 2 buttons. I tried anyway holding the unlock for 5 seconds with key on and while holding the original remote in that position I hit the unlock on the one I just got and locks cycled like the truck responded to it but it didn't store that memory. 

May need to go to the dealer and have it programed together with high idle and adjust my tire size. :think: or I can forget about it too and go work on drinking beer :kick:

• Haha 2

Got instructions from the seller of a remote.

Going to try this later today, if I can find that button is talking about.

1. Open the driver's door. Drivers door MUST remain open and interior light on to enter into the programming mode.

2. Turn vehicle ignition on.

3. Press and hold emergency override button. After 10-15 seconds, the siren or horn will sound three (3) times. This indicates that the unit has entered the transmitter programming mode.

Keep holding the button.

4. Press the ARM button on the remote transmitter to be programmed. The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has "learned" that remote transmitter.

5. Repeat step 5 for any additional transmitters.

6. Turn the vehicle ignition off and release the emergency override button to exit the programming mode. Test all remote transmitters to ensure that they work properly by toggling the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Got instructions from the seller of a remote.

Going to try this later today, if I can find that button is talking about.

1. Open the driver's door. Drivers door MUST remain open and interior light on to enter into the programming mode.

2. Turn vehicle ignition on.

3. Press and hold emergency override button. After 10-15 seconds, the siren or horn will sound three (3) times. This indicates that the unit has entered the transmitter programming mode.

Keep holding the button.

4. Press the ARM button on the remote transmitter to be programmed. The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has "learned" that remote transmitter.

5. Repeat step 5 for any additional transmitters.

6. Turn the vehicle ignition off and release the emergency override button to exit the programming mode. Test all remote transmitters to ensure that they work properly by toggling the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons.

7.Ensure you are standing on one leg, facing north! Kidding. But good luck. Seems to be how most things go for me, got my directions, I'm good to go, and a swing and a miss..

• Haha 1

There were no buttons on my module as I remember and I'd have thought if it was on the module there would be some reference on where to look, I wonder if he means the panic button on the remote 

:shrug:

4 hours ago, wil440 said:

There were no buttons on my module as I remember and I'd have thought if it was on the module there would be some reference on where to look, I wonder if he means the panic button on the remote 

:shrug:

I left him a feedback saying it's a nice remote but because it's only a two button without a panic you may have to take it to the dealer to be programmed, and this was his response.

I saw your feedback and I am not sure what you are referring to a panic button for. You can easily program this yourself. Did you try? Are you referring to the valet button? Did you find the valet button on the alarm brain box under the steering column by the pedals?

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I left him a feedback saying it's a nice remote but because it's only a two button without a panic you may have to take it to the dealer to be programmed, and this was his response.

I saw your feedback and I am not sure what you are referring to a panic button for. You can easily program this yourself. Did you try? Are you referring to the valet button? Did you find the valet button on the alarm brain box under the steering column by the pedals?

Valet button ! and what would that be for I wonder, I didn't find any buttons on mine

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Apparently there is another box somewhere with a button to push.

Ok that picture you sent is for the factory alarm system. There will be another box under there with a button on it. Thanks.

I assume that's his reply ?  Does he not realise you need to replace a factory fob ?   I've never seen a box under there with a button on it

I wonder if he's talking about aftermarket stuff that he's seen fitted to a truck with the base CTM to give it power locks ? and possibly an alarm

Come to think of it my keyring for my truck has a unknown fob on it and I think there might be an aftermarket alarm or something on my truck, when I turn it off there are a couple of chirps that come from somewhere, i've never found a box or any wires anywhere but my 3500 does not chirp when that's turned off.

I have never operated the unknown fob, it is not Dodge that's for sure.  I use my keys every single day and only just remembered there is another fob on there :duh:

5 hours ago, wil440 said:

I assume that's his reply ?  Does he not realise you need to replace a factory fob ?   I've never seen a box under there with a button on it

I wonder if he's talking about aftermarket stuff that he's seen fitted to a truck with the base CTM to give it power locks ? and possibly an alarm

Come to think of it my keyring for my truck has a unknown fob on it and I think there might be an aftermarket alarm or something on my truck, when I turn it off there are a couple of chirps that come from somewhere, i've never found a box or any wires anywhere but my 3500 does not chirp when that's turned off.

I have never operated the unknown fob, it is not Dodge that's for sure.  I use my keys every single day and only just remembered there is another fob on there :duh:

Yes that was his reply, he sent me another crappy picture of what I'm looking for and then I follow wires from there and find a button. I'm starting to feel like a leprechaun looking for pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :lmao:

"There will be a black box like this. Then if you trace the wires , at the end of one of them will be a push button. Thanks."

Screenshot_20210409-063734.png.e224e436dd4d6d9c08d81262f60042e4.png