• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Noticed Deteriorated Rubber Vac Line While Installing Injectors What Is It For?

The vacuum system on these trucks is fairly simple. My 02 manual only has vacuum for the hvac and the CAD on the front axle and some for the transfer case. Auto's have a line for the cruise. Just replace the old with some new. If the system is leaking bad enough it will pump air into the block and blow oil out of the motor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
41 minutes ago, Dmaxgpe said:

I have been looking at Dynamic and Firepunk, PDD etc. 

I had @Dynamic build mine.  I shipped it from San Diego county to his shop in Newman Lake, WA.   Line pressure 100PSI in drive at idle  and 170PSI wide open.  Exhaust brake works great with it locked up even in 1st.   Both @JAG1and @Mopar1973Manhave driven it and gave excellent reviews. 

On 7/23/2021 at 12:30 PM, Dmaxgpe said:

I noticed the line coming straight out of the vacuum pump on the fire wall side looks bad. Do any of you guys know the part number or replacement options? 

Thanks!

/storage/attachments/monthly_2021_07/1855842148_RamVacLine.jpg.be19a07632de8e49ed1a8034b1e68f5e.jpg

Any piece of house will work

All I had was piece of vinyl tube, been on for years now

I am all the way in TN so sending the truck is not practical. I thought about pulling trans out at the house and swapping a fully assembled unit as well as freshening mine with a valvebody swap etc. I probably just need to bite the bullet and do it right one time with better converter etc. I have heard only good regarding Dynamic Thanks for input

• Staff
3 hours ago, Dmaxgpe said:

I am all the way in TN so sending the truck is not practical.

I pulled the transmission in my yard by myself, I was 67 when I did it.  It was then strapped to a pallet and picked up by the trucking compony Saia.  A week later the transmission was dropped off at a friends shop, North County Smog & Repair, where he helped me install it.  

IMG_6639.JPG.210221f7eedf7a18cc7810e43400a3aa.JPG

• Staff

When/ if either of my two trucks trans go bad it will go to Dynamic. I will have to figure out a way to get the truck up there as I don't want to R&R myself. It is so good to be able to build a truck better than new and not spend 80/90 grand. Thanks to this website and it's members it's been a wealth of information.

@Deiselfuture uses clear tubing to maintain his transparency. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...