• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

"The Beast" Broke The High Mark 28.04 MPG On The Quadzilla!

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

No. Tricks or short cuts. Just filled with fuel, drove the distance and filled again. I need to restock on 2 cycle oil again.

I really think the 3.69:1 final ratio helps a bunch just like what I did on Thor getting back to 3.73 final ratio. Both trucks run right at ~2,000 RPM at 65 MPH. Way less energy to keep moving, easier on the engine being in the torque curve and not too low in RPM.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I put maybe £80 to a £100 in mine twice a week if I'm working but I do charge the customer £1.00 per mile travel, last week I did 5 days and  one top up at £80 and one at £90, customer paid over £400 for travel so I'm not complaining plus I'm Vat registered which means I get the 20%vat back against my Vat bill 

• Owner
3 hours ago, wil440 said:

I put maybe £80 to a £100 in mine twice a week if I'm working but I do charge the customer £1.00 per mile travel, last week I did 5 days and  one top up at £80 and one at £90, customer paid over £400 for travel so I'm not complaining plus I'm Vat registered which means I get the 20%vat back against my Vat bill 

Every 3 days I fill up Thor at 110 to 120 USD. Typically close to 28 to 32 gallons. I travel approximately 150 to 200 for my McCall - Donnelly job. I automatically make 85 dollars for just leaving the house. Still in all Thor is about 16 to 17 MPG.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Still in all Thor is about 16 to 17 MPG.

That's about where I'm at with my dually. That's empty though just back and forth to work about 27 miles one way. I fill up about every week or so whether it needs it or not. I think last time I checked it I was closer to 17-18 mpg.

Edited by Doubletrouble

• Staff
On 8/18/2021 at 3:15 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Me personally it will not be a Smarty... I'll most likely go toward EFI Live.

Just know you may get the tables to make the same power, but EFI Live doesn’t offer all the tables that UDC Pro does. So if you want “full” control you may have to reconsider…

• Sad 1

• Owner

Bummer dude... You not giving me warm and fuzzy at all. I really don't want the headache of the Smarty. After using it for such a short time and spent more time trying to get it to work and sent in back 2 times and then lost 2 VIN slots. There was no way to gain that back so just in there bench test they "stole" 2 VIN slots and left me only one VIN slot left. I gave Smarty back and walked away. I never even got to fire up the Tuning Software because of the dongle lock and other crazy crap. I was suppose to provided a fully unlocked unit with all the extras, nope. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Not sure what your issue was, but I’ve tuned more trucks than I recall with UDC and UDC Pro. I’ve never experienced anything remotely close to what you are describing. 

When the time comes give me a call, we will make a MM3 and UDC Pro work like it should, and easily, with your 06. 

I’ll get you a base 06 time they likely won’t need much tweaking, which is perfect for your learning a CR

• Owner

It was being setup on The Beast. Communication issues. Randomly working and not working. So I had them test before returning first trip back still didn't work found it was my ODBII plug had one pin push out. Then week later I managed to get a tune flash but it trash the ECM and had to call then to recover my ECM. Which they did and sent it back to find out what went wrong. Second VIN slot taken. Then once it returned I finally was getting setup to build a tune and then told me oh you need a dongle, etc. I gave in at that point... Never got to actual drive and use this unit but lost over a month of sending it back and forth. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Those initial issues are not Smarty, as you would have had them with any tuner. There is a good change there was an ECM issue, as general flashing doesn’t trash and ECM and a trashed ECM is generally not able to be recovered. Flashes can tail, but are often recoverable with a new flash. 

I presume this was with a Touch? And some time ago? There haven’t been multiple vin slots since 2016. 

• Owner
10 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

a trashed ECM is generally not able to be recovered.

Blinking WAIT TO START. No start or run. I had to call them on how to recover the ECM which they managed to do. It was a bad flash... After all the problems I went back to the Quadzilla. Let say I wasn't happy with all the problems, limits, etc. Still never got to use it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

@Quadzilla Power

Has any one here done 400+ miles on just a half tank of fuel? I filled up in Cascade ID heading to Stanley ID. Spent a day hot spring jumping. Then ended up coming home early because a family emergency. Now I went home the long way to avoid construction delays on Hwy 55. I'm right here at 425 miles and barely above 1/2 tank.

Screenshot from 2021-09-11 06-47-38.png

Just The Beast chilling' at the Motel in Lowman, ID. We stayed at the Sourdough lodge. Nice place. 

1631282592427169290705638588873.jpg

Yes tire sizes and final ratio have HUGE impact in MPG and then the proper tuning on the Quadzilla. As for the proper ratio to look for is closer to 3.73 for good efficiency. You should see about 2,000 RPMs at 65 MPH. This nets the best MPG numbers over any other setup. Larger tires with extra rotational mass will cost you this good MPG number. As you can see I'm running factory steel rims, with 245/75 R16 tires (30.5 inches). 

Yup I was there... @Wet Vetteenjoying the Kirkham hot springs...

20210909_110842.jpg

(Kirkham Hotsprings, 2021)

As for the Quadzilla tuning seriously over advancing the 1,500 RPM band higher than needed will cost you. I typically see about 550 to 575 EGT's at 65 MPH on this last trip. I had speeds limits of as low as 35 MPH in places to max of 65 MPH. I ran just at speed limit.

I can't cheat this...

20210910_175902.jpg

If you want what I'm running... I just released my tune.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 9 months later...