• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New to Quadzilla and confused

Gonna prolly go ahead and get the quadzilla for my rig. Does the kit come with all sensors needed for monitoring or are they purchased separately? Or do I even need them? Does it come with a display screen? Just Kinda confused on what you get and what you need. I think there is a few threads on how to tune once I get it. I'll prolly have to ask then what would be best with current setup.  

I was thinking you would have to get sensors, but what if u didn't? Don't you need those to map everything like I been seeing? 

Control with my phone?

Does it not come with a display screen? Like led screen etc? 

This is obviously alot more than I've ever done, always had just a comp box lol. 

It comes with an EGT probe and trans/oil temp sensor.  As far as a display, you just use your phone or a tablet.  You can download the software to your phone or tablet now and check it out.  You dont need the Quad to check out the software.  You could even add a custom tune to it and have it ready to upload to the module once you get one.  This is what I did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

most have an old phone laying around they use.  it sits in the truck plugged in 24/7/365.  

don't use your personal phone.

Ahh ok, I think I have an old S8 that I could use. Scratched to hell but it'd work for now. I'll get to use the the fire starter outlet now lol.

So with those 2 sensors it comes with do you need boost, fuel or anything else for mapping purposes? Obviously it could display all the vitals on the screen too if you had all the sensors, I already have mechanical gauge's but maybe it would nice to have it on a screen too?

25 minutes ago, Evan said:

I dont think youd have run the phone 24/7 most of us run required gauges already so no need for a monitor only use phone to tune then forget it.

Hopefully im not wrong.  

You are correct.  Thats what I do.  I have Boost, Fuel pressure, and EGT A-pillar gauges so I dont use the phone all the time.  

@Stanley You dont need to use any of gauges for tuning.  The only thing you will need the gauges for is if you want to use the defuel setting for EGT or sensor warnings.  Also if you want to use the cooldown setting in the quad you'll need the EGT probe connected (if you want to use temp vs time for cooldown trigger).

• Like 1

I run both with my tablet and without. Depends on trip length and what I want to keep an eye on. 

The fuel pressure sensor/sender is the only separate piece. But the wiring is already there in the Quad harness.

Mostly I'm just using the quad to data log my sled pulls since its hard to glance at the regular gauges will going wide open with 20-40k in tow while on dirt.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Mostly I'm just using the quad to data log my sled pulls since its hard to glance at the regular gauges will going wide open with 20-40k in tow while on dirt.  

I can definitely see that! 

Do you have to have phone etc hooked up for data logging or does it automatically store? 

On 10/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I typically run headless. I don't bother with my phone unless in tweaking the tune. I've already got my primary gauges. Boost, fuel pressure and pyrometer. Don't need the phone at all. Not required to operate every key cycle set it up and turn off the app. Put your phone away and drive.

This is nice also! 

Do you need the phone to change preset tunes? Or is there like a mini module with couple of buttons for such?

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Do you have to have phone etc hooked up for data logging or does it automatically store?

Not sure, but I don't think so. 

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Do you need the phone to change preset tunes? Or is there like a mini module with couple of buttons for such?

Yes to change tunes, but there is only one tune (the factory Quadzilla one) when you open the box.

Yes, but the mini module has no custom tuning.