• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter weather - What do you see where your at?

Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Wind has picked up here some. We're supposed to get another round of winter Thursday night into Friday. Possibly 6" of snow.

Have to head up to Chicago area early in the morning. Hope to deliver, reload and be back this way before the storm hits this time. Last week I held up in Lafayette In. Until it was over the following morning. Ugh

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Wind has picked up here some. We're supposed to get another round of winter Thursday night into Friday. Possibly 6" of snow.

Have to head up to Chicago area early in the morning. Hope to deliver, reload and be back this way before the storm hits this time. Last week I held up in Lafayette In. Until it was over the following morning. Ugh

Fox Lake?

• Owner

+11*F here this morning and with a wind of 8 to 12 MPH makes it feel like -2*F with a Wind chill of -2*F. Nope. I'm going to sit right here for a while longer before heading out to the shop to work. I don't get paid enough to work in that cold of temps. Ugh. Yeah, I'm going to move a vehicle out of the shop start a fire and move the other in for a new pan gasket. (1996 Chevy 1500 with a 350 CID). Sloppy job but gotta be done.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I think between @Doubletrouble and @Max Tune I can predict the weather for my area lol. Storm isn't supposed to start until midnight tonight for me.  

Same storm system but they are calling anything from 1-3 down by me on Long Island Sound up to 6-12 up past the Mass Pike. Lots of sleet and a change over to plain rain late in the day, then temps drop back down Friday into Saturday, turning things solid overnight.. yay

But I'll take sleet over freezing rain any day. Ice pellets are better than glaze ice.. Freezing rain turns things really pretty and shiny, while being very dangerous..

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@Silverwolf2691 hey if I want to know what is coming at me I just call @JAG1 he gets the weather before I do.

Wear nose plug tonight, I just burned off the creosote in my chimney! The steel plate inside causes the chimney to condensate creosote on the chimney walls by running too cold. Took the steel plate out and everything is fine again.

We got a light dusting last night and the low was 28 over night. Gradually getting warmer over the next few days.

Got home yesterday from running a round trip to Scottsdale Arizona. 4 days run time each way with two of them in snow on the way home. It snowed so hard one night I thought we would have to wait it out but, we got up and going with only a couple inches by morning. One thing nice was taking all back roads since we saw a lot of mountain passes and a lot of free quiet out of the way camping. People sure are helpful in those small rural towns making it fun to visit and chat with.

The most amazing part was Zion Natnl Park. That place has incredible, unbelievable mountain views. They stopped traffic both ways for me to get thru the over mile long tunnel thru the mountain or two mountains, I'm not sure.

If you only do one thing in your lifetime, go see Zion, it's really something. I wished that my truck would break down for an overnight stay on at least one of the pull offs but, no such luck.

I will try getting some pics up later, you won't want to miss.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

ugh yesterday morning was -35* and this morning is -30*,   the cold is supposed to let up today and the rest of the week, but today I am driving down to the cities to board and plane and fly to Guam for work,  so I dont give a rip what happens here.

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

ugh yesterday morning was -35* and this morning is -30*,   the cold is supposed to let up today and the rest of the week, but today I am driving down to the cities to board and plane and fly to Guam for work,  so I dont give a rip what happens here.

That's crazy cold....

Guess there was a storm last night that wasn't showing on radar when I looked. Went to bed around 10:30 with only about an inch for the whole evening when they said 4-6 by midnight...... woke up to about 5".

Guess it's only February, but I want to be done with this.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Max Tune said:

That's crazy cold....

Guess there was a storm last night that wasn't showing on radar when I looked. Went to bed around 10:30 with only about an inch for the whole evening when they said 4-6 by midnight...... woke up to about 5".

Guess it's only February, but I want to be done with this.

I want it to be done to! Hasn't been as cold here as @Me78569has been but I'm ready for spring.

• Like 1