• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors on the way.....

On 4/29/2022 at 1:44 PM, Doubletrouble said:

If I had a decent place to mount it a small tablet would be great. Like maybe a 7" screen. It'd be easy to see and read at a glance.

How does the adrenaline hook up to the phone? Via Bluetooth or USB cord? 

I have a old samsung tablet, maybe 7", found a mount that fits it nice, base of the mount is suction and i've stuck it to the dash just on the left side of the passenger depression on the top of the dash, the tablet then sits right in the middle of the dash top pointing towards driver, it is just about the only place I could put it as it does not block the view of the road bearing in mind here in the UK your looking towards the passenger side all the time, It's on all the time.

• Like 1

• Staff

Good idea @IBMobile, I will check that tomorrow. 

I did take her for a ride into town, about 6 miles each way. Seems to run great, even though the truck is not loaded she pulled nice and hard. Smokes a little when you lay into it but not terrible.

Shout out to @pepsi71ocean and @Mopar1973Man for the articles and videos. They helped a ton! 

Pretty sure the injectors I pulled out were original to the truck. The tips were pretty filthy, carbonized and showed signs of heat discoloration. That all may be normal for 166k on injectors.

I will have to get my scan tool back from my son to check idle rpm and engine load at idle now.

Sounds like you got the same injectors I did.  I think I replaced the originals with about 250k miles on them.  I'm loving them so far, no issues and more power.  

If you are interested, I have an extra Adrenaline module I got in a trade, it's only a couple months old.  I've been too lazy to post it in the classifieds.  Shoot me a message if you like. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Just a quick update:

Pulled my sons 5th wheel 120 miles to his seasonal campsite on Sunday. I could really notice the extra power while towing. His camper weighs in about 8-9k so not a bad little test run. 

Very happy with the extra grunt. Worth the money and time spent.

Thanks again to Jacob @dieselautopower

And a side note, on the 240 mile round trip, half towing half empty I used less than half a tank of fuel. Couldn't quite work out the fuel mpg since I didn't refill after the trip.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Just a quick update:

Pulled my sons 5th wheel 120 miles to his seasonal campsite on Sunday. I could really notice the extra power while towing. His camper weighs in about 8-9k so not a bad little test run. 

Very happy with the extra grunt. Worth the money and time spent.

Thanks again to Jacob @dieselautopower

And a side note, on the 240 mile round trip, half towing half empty I used less than half a tank of fuel. Couldn't quite work out the fuel mpg since I didn't refill after the trip.

Very glad you are pleased with the new injectors.  Shameless plug to get the Adrenaline next.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Staff
18 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

Very glad you are pleased with the new injectors.  Shameless plug to get the Adrenaline next.

Then I would be looking at more mods. Heavier clutch, more gauges. (I'd like to have both the quad gauges and some on the A pilar) then who knows from there.

An adrenaline will probably come into the mix eventually. That power bug can bite hard if one isn't careful. Lol

• Like 1

• Owner
29 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Then I would be looking at more mods. Heavier clutch, more gauges. (I'd like to have both the quad gauges and some on the A pilar) then who knows from there.

An adrenaline will probably come into the mix eventually. That power bug can bite hard if one isn't careful. Lol

Not really that bad. Boost, fuel pressure, and EGT on the a pillar. Quadzilla yeah I'll admit most people want the full power feel at first afterwards you'll tone it back. Like me normal tune for me is level 3 giving the timing and CANBus fuel. My fuel map doesn't kick in till 10 or 15 PSI of boost way different than most want that low end power where stuff breaks the most. You can tune around a weak clutch even, just set your fuel limits to keep the clutch happy.

• Staff

I've definitely been kicking around the idea of getting one. Then I'll see a post of someone having issues tuning. Kinda makes me leary ill admit.

With fuel prices today, getting better mpg wouldn't be a bad thing. I daily drive more then anything. Almost always empty. (Seems almost like a waste for a 3500 drw, lol) 

The stock tune is really good on the Adrenaline.  You can customize.

Often people don't understand the limitations of custom tuning, or the limitations of a 25 year old vehicle... Others are chasing an unrelated issue.  It is amazing what can be done, but it is not going to change it into a 4th or 5th gen.

• Owner
18 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

It is amazing what can be done, but it is not going to change it into a 4th or 5th gen

Physically no, power wise very possible. Still going to have the limitations and wear of a 20+ year old truck. This is why I suggest build in step to where you want to be. As you slowly build your power you can deal with each weakness or failure.

3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Thing is my truck is auto and nothing has been done to the trans AFAIK might have had a stock rebuild but thats it but cannot be sure, stock 175k injectors, stock turbo

As has been said just tune around what you have, a quad really is night and day, I have no gauges other than a mechanical FP gauge which to be fair with a mechanical LPump it's pretty redundant anyway, Quad temp gauge is in the trans and I can see enough on the tablet screen so I don't need pillar gauges

I have a stock towing tune, daily tune and a tune I mess with when I have time  which is never, the towing tune is the one that I use all the time towing or not, I don't drive like a clown I'm too old for that rubbish BUT my truck needs to move as and when without exploding the trans the quad does it easy, I used to run on LVL 9 of my tow tune and MPG wasn't great but I'd say trans wise LVL 9 of my tow tune  is about where I would want to be as a max, this BTW was when we had diesel at £1.20 ish a ltr.

Now diesel is over £1.80 a ltr and rising and does not look to  be coming down anytime soon (Thanks PUKIN) so I run on LVL 2 mostly and other than bucking a bit it is ok, MPG is better, I do need to sort the bucking out but as I said I drive very conservative and just either back off a bit or if the truck is pulling hard I drop a gear, I don't just stick my truck in D and go I listen to what is happening and pick the right gear, most may think that's not doable with an auto but it is.

I will say I hate my truck without the quad and if I hadn't bought a quad I'd have sold the truck by now

My truck needs injectors, I think I'll go 7x10's as I can't see the point of doing things more than once, these will be too much for my trans but NOT with the quad, I'll just tune the fuel out of it. OR  @Mopar1973Man do a tune for bone stock engine and trans with 7x10 injectors

A quad to my door in the UK was a lot of ££ but worth every penny and more