• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

IMPORTANT DISCUSSION - Website theme

• Owner

The old Mopar1973Man Theme I will not be keeping. Here is the issue the fact is I've got to maintain that theme. At first it seems simple enough to toss a few colors and tweak a few template files. That is now turning into a huge time sink for me. Like example Invision Power Board the software supplier just released another update. I just rebuilt the Mopar1973Man Theme back on the last update a few weeks ago...

image.png

As you can see on the bottom it shows that I've got to rebuild that theme over again. :mad: Now the new Animate theme I purchased is going to fly past the update with flying colors. Like You see I've got to make sure all the 3rd party stuff is going to meet the update requirements before I do the upgrade, otherwise the website software upgrade will most likely break the website function. Like for example missing buttons? Pages not displaying? etc. I want to find a solution where I'm not coding my theme every 2 to 3 week like the last batch of updates. Then I got to do testing possibly call on some of the forum members to verify that everything appears to be working correctly. 

This is why I purchased the Animate theme was because the author maintains the theme for me, I don't have to start over rebuild a theme or try to figure out what exactly is going to break after the update. I'm willing to keep a maintain theme like the Animate, but I will not longer keeping a self maintained theme like the Mopar1973Man v4.6 as seen above. Just getting to be too much work and upkeep.

Just a view of the current release of software...

image.png

I going to bet most of you will not understand anything too much on that screen shot. This is why I spend the funds in a company that keeps our softwares up to date keeping the security of the site at its best. Then also they bring the newer functions to the software in a timely fashion. 

So back to the theme issue...

What does everyone want for a theme for the website so I can purchase a theme from an aauthor and change the them to something that is maintained by a 3rd party author? Light or Dark?

I like dark with light text like white or grey text.  The blue text is too dark with the current dark theme.  same for the thread icons, the buttons etc need to be in contrast to the background color.   

This is very nice to look at for text vs background

image.png.9cd1389f39294c31f9e66ba05c9cac6f.png

This is hard on the eyes.  
Screenshot 2022-11-04 104137.png

• Owner

As for Me78569 that was the only thing I change was that blue link color so links can be seen. Orignal setting was the same color of the text and links couldn't be seen at all. 

Again I'm not willing to keep recoding the theme every time the software changes. Typically I've got to force the update through and fix what breaks. The other way is to Delete the current theme and start over and recode everything back into place again. More I change about anything purchased or self maintained those setting are lost every time I update the software. I'm trying to find something that has the less amount of rework for every update that comes. Currently I can update at this point till the list at the bottom is update by the 3rd Party vendors. 

At the same time I'm working on the store and getting it put back up and running. I'm looking at another software I'm going to have to purchase and bridge to the forum software. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I definitely prefer the white background) for much easier reading.  Browsing the internet always uses a white background.  I think there is a reason for that.

I have always thought that your 4.6 version with a white background has been a good combination of colors for easy reading.

- John

• Like 1

• Owner
1 minute ago, Tractorman said:

I have always thought that your 4.6 version with a white background has been a good combination of colors for easy reading.

So there is a vote for light color background. Again I'm not keeping the Mopar theme just too much code work, this means I've got to find another theme to purchase and replace the Mopar theme. This does mean the is a update fees, to keep said theme(s) up to date. 

• Staff

No one likes the adds but, that's where Mike makes a little each month for the site. The problem is also that my add blocker pops up and says I must 'whitelist' the site but, every time I try it, it will not do that function so then I keep signing back on until it lets me finally participate in the forum without freezing up the site.

I prefer the white background but seriously it doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy you're recommited to the site and not giving up on it. I think the reason most like the white background is because that's how everything since we've been kids has been for people. Anything printed usually has a white background. Books, letters (remember those?) legal papers, pretty much everything printed. Blueprints used to be blue with white images, now they're white with blue images. I agree with Me, blue on black is a little hard but not the end of the world. Like was said, whatever works best for you....

👍🍻

Edited by Max Tune
  • Like 1