• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The stock gauge is just an indicator at best. As in it either has oil pressure or it doesn't. Mike even has a video showing that coolant temp effects it, which it shouldn't, proving it is just a dummy gauge. In reality, cold engine oil is very high pressure, closing in on 100psi when below freezing. As the engine warms up it should drop to around 40-60.

• 3 weeks later...

The stock gauge is just an indicator at best. As in it either has oil pressure or it doesn't. Mike even has a video showing that coolant temp effects it, which it shouldn't, proving it is just a dummy gauge. In reality, cold engine oil is very high pressure, closing in on 100psi when below freezing. As the engine warms up it should drop to around 40-60.

I'd like to see the video.

I put a fair amount of trust in the Stock gauge. On start up in clod weather it goes up to about 80 - 90#. Then as the truck warms up it will come back down to around 50#. Helped a neighbor roll a new set of berings into his Log truck, (at about 350,000 miles) we noticed a hole wore in the lower half of the 1st bearing we removed. It was a bit of a concern, until we noticed that it was opposite the oil passage in the top bearing! The bearing surface showed little wear.

• Owner

That does move a little.I think it moves because all the gauges are on the same power draw.When you remove the load off the coolant gauge the power goes to the oil pressure.

Could you tell us more about the switch and how it helps you?Thanks.

All right here...

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/high-idle/high-idle.htm