• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1.000.000 Miles Yet???

However there is no proof you actually hit 1mil. odo still only reads 999999. :lmao:

Wonder if a dealership could reset it, or if it is still counting just not showing? Nice, I was happy with my almost 250K :kick:

Or, now you gotta pull the engine and put it in a truck with a working odo.

Dodge did give a guy a new dash cluster that started at 1,000,000 miles and used the DRB to correct the numbers. i can't find the link but i bet if cajflynn called dodge they would do something for him!

friend just shared this link with me. little light on details for my taste - I'd love to know engine, trans, and rearend teardown history - but if he drives light enough to get 20mpg pulling maybe it's more original parts than I'd expect?

http://www.thefordstory.com/our-articles/trucks/f-350%20super%20duty/1020000-plus-miles-on-this-road-trip-truck/

i read that article a while ago, while i have issues with fords im glad to see that someone has one that works great, makes me wonder if fors are really just crap or maybe it is the operators.......(gets into a story i know about a guy with a F-450 i know:lol:)

Gary says the Super Duty gets about 20 mpg with its Power Stroke® engine while delivering the RVs

I call BS. I suppose he is going to claim 40mpg empty too.

I call BS. I suppose he is going to claim 40mpg empty too.

I have a really hard time believing it too. My Dad has a 99 F-450 and hes hard pressed to get over 10mpg while hauling just a few tons on a trailer and it gets maybe 14-16mpg when empty, our neighbor has a early 2000's F-350 and he gets just a little bit better than what my dad gets.

• 1 month later...

stumbled upon this and just have to say that the f-550 at MRC:shrug:....seems to get around 7-8 mpg no matter whatsomething to consider though is the pedal seems to be VERY weighted down for whoever drives it including myself (company dollars right?:ahhh:) another thing to consider is improper use constant startup/shutdown at times followed by idle running all day to keep the heaters on inside during the winter...... on top of about zero maintenance besides an oil change about every 15-20kjust within warranty this engine blew...... 97k:nono::hyper:i might add that the same winter that this truck got its engine replaced under warranty an older (f-550 that had been worked on several times) cant remember mileage but its engine went to hell very quickly also now that its been rebuilt :banghead:i guess the dump bed which didnt even work too well either... was worth enough to rebuild that damn thing????im not bashing on ford but im just saying that they cannot handle a work environment (from my experience)our gas silverados gave a good 300k with minimal maintenance before selling for $2,000they werent doing the heavier work though but once in awhile they got pushed

• 3 weeks later...

949K right now. This is the slow season for me so I apologize for not racking up the miles faster! My guess is 1m will be in May or maybe April.

--- Update to the previous post...

Nice. You are about dead on.

You can really make a statement about what really works in these trucks by just looking at your sig.

Any vp44 better than any other?

Thanks,

Dave

I find it interesting that the guy worked for "whom" before retiring? It may appear to some that he is making sure his reitirement is solid by advertising for the company. And the part about the seat being so comfortable is a crock of cow poo. I have a severe back injury and the seat in a vehicle makes or breaks me. I have wondered who at Ford designs their seats. They are like sitting on a board, of course after a million miles maybe it has softened up a little.I have owned six 7.3 Powerstrokes, they were all good engines. I only saw 20 mpg one time running empty at 55mph on a long trip. I don't question that this man has a million miles on the truck, that is possible. I am not convinced about the claimed fuel economy.

• 4 months later...

2500ctd; Mine was replaced under warranty at 42K. Yours if it did fail at such low miles [>52K] it would have probably been under factory warranty as well.My friend who is a Mechanic at the local Dodge dealership told me that when the dealership replaced them under warranty they generally put the in tank pump with them as standard proceedure. So if you have the Carter pump on the block, it is probably original. If the Carter pump is gone, it is more than likely a replacement VP44.Hope this helps.

Dave, isn't that the way it goes. They sell you junk that breaks, replace it under warranty with more junk that breaks, then YOU pay for the new improved junk that breaks.

Then you do a little research and do it yourself the right way.

Oh, and then pay again...

2500ctd; Mine was replaced under warranty at 42K. Yours if it did fail at such low miles [>52K] it would have probably been under factory warranty as well. My friend who is a Mechanic at the local Dodge dealership told me that when the dealership replaced them under warranty they generally put the in tank pump with them as standard proceedure. So if you have the Carter pump on the block, it is probably original. If the Carter pump is gone, it is more than likely a replacement VP44. Hope this helps.

I had the block mounted cater. Lift pump went out/ or low pressure really at around 99K. Dodge declined the warranty since the truck was in service more than 5 years. Which I didnt know since I bought it used. This was around the time iirc that dodge switched from using pressure to using the flow for checking teh lift pump. I later put the intank module in.:spend: Yea I am now running a walbro with no issues. On my second walbro and had over 100K on the last one. So I am almost positive I have the original VP. CAn the dealershps pull up warranty work done? Never thoguht about it before, and if they can, would they? I have a sticker that some kind of reflash was done to my truck. Who knows now as I do have a smarty.

I'm closing in on 200K miles on a VP44... :woot:

Still making it w mine too, 193K. Not good cold, but not getting any worse.

What should I replace it with when the time comes?

:shrug:

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

2500ctd;

Mine was replaced under warranty at 42K. Yours if it did fail at such low miles [>52K] it would have probably been under factory warranty as well.

My friend who is a Mechanic at the local Dodge dealership told me that when the dealership replaced them under warranty they generally put the in tank pump with them as standard proceedure. So if you have the Carter pump on the block, it is probably original. If the Carter pump is gone, it is more than likely a replacement VP44.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that tidbit. Mine must be an original than, wow, 14yrs old too!:hyper:

• 2 months later...