• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am looking to put around 75 hp injectors in my truck. what is the best and what is the worst brand, and has any one had there stock injectors rebuilt to 75 hp. I have a friend that has his stock injectors that I can rebuild and give him my set after we install them. Thanks

Hey

Basically 3 choices as I see it

* rv275's (+40hp over stock) - around $300 from jacob at dieselautopower

* +75 injectors around $400 from CumminsPerformanceParts (CPP) - Jamie

* +50-75 DDP injectors $600 from DDP - haha ....... just good injectors

Obviously there are 100's more ......... but these give you a good range and probably best bang for buck $$

I run the middle ones. I had the 1st ones. I liked them both.

:)

--- Update to the previous post...

I am looking to put around 75 hp injectors in my truck. what is the best and what is the worst brand, and has any one had there stock injectors rebuilt to 75 hp. I have a friend that has his stock injectors that I can rebuild and give him my set after we install them. Thanks

oh ..... and couldn't tell by your SIG .... do you have a chip/tuner ???

If NOT - forget the injectors ....... get a COMP/JUICE/QUAD - kill 4 birds with 1 stone :thumb1: For same price.

• Like 1

Chris at SDX built my rv's.Weston built my custom 7x12's both work vary well.Three nice things about these guys, the price,super good people, and there knowledge.I have had 4 different injectors in my truck over the years.These are my "go to guys" for injectors.Edge jammers dont seem to be good,or last long others share this thinking.From what i hear the dpp are a good injector.I have never tryed them.

• Like 2

• Owner

RV275 (+40 HP) are good for a mild gain without a bunch of excessive smoke and will gain slightly on the MPG's... (1-2). Going above 75 HP injector tends to get rather smokey and lose of MPG's. Not exactly a streetable. As for rebuilding it basically replacing the pintle and nozzle then re-pop testing the injector...

• Like 1

Chris at SDX built my rv's.Weston built my custom 7x12's both work vary well.Three nice things about these guys, the price,super good people, and there knowledge.I have had 4 different injectors in my truck over the years.These are my "go to guys" for injectors. Edge jammers dont seem to be good,or last long others share this thinking.From what i hear the dpp are a good injector.I have never tryed them.

Just injectors, two full sets a year apart or so.And parts for injectors.I trust Chris and Weston.All my dealings were over the phone.The service is real good,quick to ship.This is the off season fore some so it may take longer to build them.They just moved into a new shop so i was told.

• Like 1

RV275 (+40 HP) are good for a mild gain without a bunch of excessive smoke and will gain slightly on the MPG's... (1-2). Going above 75 HP injector tends to get rather smokey and lose of MPG's. Not exactly a streetable. As for rebuilding it basically replacing the pintle and nozzle then re-pop testing the injector...

I agree that the RV275s would make a great stick but don't knock the 75hp+ injectors now.:surrender: It's all in how you drive and what you do. If you tow heavy then yes they will get hot, same goes if you are driving it hard. However, I can drive mine on a daily basis without trouble and barely hit over 1000* unless I want to. And I've got my Comp on 5x5. If I turn that down, I'm sure temps would drop more like before I tapped the pump. It all comes down to what you do with your rig, how you drive, and what your goals are. I've had good luck with Jacob at Diesel Auto Power!:thumb1: And I can drive pretty much smokeless too unless I'm getting on it. I will get the most smoke when I shift to 4th gear due to the slight lug from the gear ratio being a hair too tall. All you have to do is float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!:burnout:

Hey Prowelder... I wasn't knocking the 75 HP sticks... :duh::lmao: Yeah like CajFlynn is running 75 HP injectors as well the last time I knew...

Plus not all injectors same .... Cpp and ddp meant to be a lot cleaner than jammers as an example with guys getting a cleaner burn on bigger injectors .... So they say .... Been pretty happy with the +75 I have on now ... No drop in fuel mileage when I keep my foot out of it .... And definitely more power ....

Plus not all injectors same .... Cpp and ddp meant to be a lot cleaner than jammers as an example with guys getting a cleaner burn on bigger injectors .... So they say .... Been pretty happy with the +75 I have on now ... No drop in fuel mileage when I keep my foot out of it .... And definitely more power ....

i have thought about doing business with jamie...he pulls his equipment around with some huge stix and an awesome turbo and the smoke...i think...isn't all that bad!!

• 1 month later...

I like the DDP's but if you are running stock turbo you will smoke alot with anything over 50 hp injectors.

Hmmm.., nope ;) running +75 and quad on level pl10 ..... On a hy35 ..., and minimal smoke unless I lay into it from a dead stop ;) ... She lights well though .;)

My 200 over injectors haze at just about any speed.At 50 mph it is like a bread crumb trail,I can turn around and find my way back:lmao2:.Still get 16 mpg with them.Last year i took them out.I like the mpg of my 40 over better.They only puff smoke when i shift,and just a deep haze if i hammer on it.