• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 1 month later...

Here is my setup. Not sure what others get for MPG towing heavy but in stop and go traffic, and 7 miles on the freeway i got 12.4mpg with this setup, I'm guessing 22k total Posted Image

How long is that trailer Silverram from front to back :shrug: What the deck size also?

Thanks on the 70. A work in progress. Gotta get ahead of the DD issues to play with the toys. :doh:

The tandem axle is a 28' car hauler

and the trailer my wife loving calls the "trailer of death" is 33' That is just the box. 39' tongue to tail. It has to be loaded just right to. Or definately a case of the tail wagging the dog. If I can find my weight slip one time my total weight was 29K and change.

Read that turned around and unloaded the trailer into the other one. We were moving from fl to AZ and had the other trailer almost full in storage, so we repacked the big one and ditched a bunch of stuff. Still a bit overweight but not too bad. Once it was rolling not bad, The worse for that trip was teh wife having to creep at 55mph behind me. :stuned:

I definately need a 2 car bumper pull trailer. If I can find it I have a pic of me towing the 70 and flat towing another car behind the car trailer. :nono:

--- Update to the previous post...

Holy Cow Guys... :stuned: You guys haul around quite a bit...

:lmao: I got into it from a necessity. I killed our Dakota pulling the car hauler. Wife says I rough on things and I need something a little more indestructable. Hence the Diesel. Truck runs good after a new tranny and another rear end. Dunno where she gets the idea I am rough on things. :smart:

As for the enclosed trailers, took a job with intel in AZ while I was in FL. Had a moving company, (united van lines) move our stuff. 2 cars too. A 66 Barracuda and a 70 Chrysler convertible. The top on the Chrysler was destroyed and the door bent backwards.:mad: I swore to never let another company move me. Then we got the Dakota and soon realized I needed a little bigger. After the diesel bought the 33' trailer and then the 28' about 2yrs after that.

• 4 weeks later...

That's what she said! LOL

BTW, can you bring that hoe up to my house, so I can fill in this swimming pool?

That's what she likes!:lmao2:

7460# last time I was on the scales. Wow! You need to put that truck on a diet... :lmao2:

Out getting a cord of firewood...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2827[/ATTACH]

Is that a dump trailer, one of the military style ones?

Buddy of mine needed his house trailer moved! It was a 12'x60'! So I hitched up to her, hooked safety chains, rain an extension cord for my s,t,t lights, and spent $50 for permits in Arkansas and Mississippi! And off we went! It was a really easy pull for ole betsy! The trailer made it to its new resting spot and my good friend is extremely happy!

Ole Betsy, what a beast! Was that a stock 12Ver?

I'm to the point now that I need a pair of those factory mirrors too!

Dave

No... It's just a home build trailer...

Nice job! It's a dump right? I sure can use one between the firewood & manure it would sure save my back!:pray:

Dave

Best d@rn wheel barrow for manure...

Posted Image

I used to put front loader against outside door, fork into it... let my friends Mr John & Mr Deere put it on the pile. 3 pile rotation. 1 was compost for garden

2 was composting

3 was fresh (dumping on)

"I should have got it sooner!"