• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

leveling kit

packinheat2

• Staff

I like mine. Seems to make the steering go back to center easier or quicker.I did not like it when I put the camper on cause then I had a major sag and needed airbags. It used to be level when the camper got loaded so air bags it is.:spend:

• Staff

I ran a 2" kit for the first 3.5 years I owned my truck. It annoyed me because anything I put in the bed, or towed, took WAY too much air in the bags to stay level. I recently went to the 1" top gun customz kit and LOVE IT, did I say LOVE IT!!! It looks better empty and loaded, the airbags take a fraction of the air, the truck rides MUCH MUCH MUCH better (better angles on the control arms), the fog lights are aimed better, and it handles weight better because more weight is on the springs and not the bags. I think stock isn't quite high enough on the oil pan, and looks a little too low empty and the 2" is a PITA if you ever tow/haul. The 1" really is a great setup.

• Like 1

I ran a 2" kit for the first 3.5 years I owned my truck. It annoyed me because anything I put in the bed, or towed, took WAY too much air in the bags to stay level. I recently went to the 1" top gun customz kit and LOVE IT, did I say LOVE IT!!! It looks better empty and loaded, the airbags take a fraction of the air, the truck rides MUCH MUCH MUCH better (better angles on the control arms), the fog lights are aimed better, and it handles weight better because more weight is on the springs and not the bags. I think stock isn't quite high enough on the oil pan, and looks a little too low empty and the 2" is a PITA if you ever tow/haul. The 1" really is a great setup.

This is the kit I want, have any pics of the truck with it on?

i personally like the rake of the stock truck when empty and really dont like seeing one nose up when loaded.i never have liked a truck that sqauts in the rear when loaded. it just looks like it cant handle the weight. i still might put air bags on one day, but thats going to have to wait. i would still leave it nose down though.

I have a 3" kit from top gun customz. Here are a few pics to show why i went 3" and what all the differences were.

Here is the truck the day I bought it

Posted Image

and one closer up later on, i dont have any after the front bumper was put on before leveling kit but you can imagine it squated the front a little more

Posted Image

Now here are some of the most recent pics i have after the 3" leveling kit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly heres a pic hooked up to a 18ft trailer about 12,000lbs total

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope all these pics help in your or someones decision :lol:

-Jordan-