• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What fuel pressure do you run if you have a gauge?

what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice  

211 members have voted

1. 1. what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice

• 10-12 idle
    • 13-15 idle
    • 16-18 idle
    • 19-21 idle
    • 22+ idle
    • 10-12 WOT
    • 13-15 WOT
    • 16-18 WOT
    • 19-21 WOT
    • 22+ WOT

I can affirm Dripley's vote on the Glowshift deal. Cheap is good,,, and that is all I will say about that. I have the Isspro fuel pressure gauge, mechanical with no islolator, well it had the islolator but that whole isolator deal is another thing I am trying to forget about. It has made a nice paper weight on my work bench to remind me how I didn't listen to the M1973Man, Dripley and others on here.

• Like 1

I can affirm Dripley's vote on the Glowshift deal. Cheap is good,,, and that is all I will say about that. I have the Isspro fuel pressure gauge, mechanical with no islolator, well it had the islolator but that whole isolator deal is another thing I am trying to forget about. It has made a nice paper weight on my work bench to remind me how I didn't listen to the M1973Man, Dripley and others on here.

Cheap is good. I have an ECM for a paper weight from a rebuilder. got it cheap but it sure was expensive.:spend:

• 1 month later...

I have had my truck running for a total of about 30 min since the assassin pump install. (just been busy and haven't finished up the other things I wanted to do) but during the 30 min of running, it idled right at 15 psi, and upon giving any throttle it jumps up to 18-19 psi. It is a regulated system for 17psi, but much like all the other systems it is a spring that controls it so the 18-19psi didn't come as a shock, nor as unwanted. 18-19psi is constant all the way up through the rpm's. I will give further input once I get it out on the road and see if it acts different under load.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The sad thing is, there's not an option in this poll for me! :doh: But what do you expect with a stock LP. 5 1/2 PSI at idle and I bet y'all can guess what it is at WOT? :banghead: ZERO!!!So the truck is parked in the barn, no more hauling cows or hauling feed until a new LP is on. So here's my situation - (if y'all care to read) The truck is actually the cows truck, just me and my dad drive it. And what I mean by that is that the cows have calves, we sell them, and that money puts fuel in the truck and pays for repairs. So it's a pretty dern tight income, so we need to go the cheapest route for a LP, but of course we need a very reliable LP, so that's why I'm thinking FRRP? The only thing that worries me is the reliable part of the FRRP; I've heard good and bad about it. I'm also thinking I can chip in some of my own money and shoot for an AD 150. I'm also thinking about the DTT Assassin? But I haven't read enough about it to consider it an option?I will be seeking y'all's help on this, and I will probably start a thread on the Cummins Forum to get all the opinions I can. . .Thanks

The sad thing is, there's not an option in this poll for me! :doh: But what do you expect with a stock LP. 5 1/2 PSI at idle and I bet y'all can guess what it is at WOT? :banghead: ZERO!!! So the truck is parked in the barn, no more hauling cows or hauling feed until a new LP is on. So here's my situation - (if y'all care to read) The truck is actually the cows truck, just me and my dad drive it. And what I mean by that is that the cows have calves, we sell them, and that money puts fuel in the truck and pays for repairs. So it's a pretty dern tight income, so we need to go the cheapest route for a LP, but of course we need a very reliable LP, so that's why I'm thinking FRRP? The only thing that worries me is the reliable part of the FRRP; I've heard good and bad about it. I'm also thinking I can chip in some of my own money and shoot for an AD 150. I'm also thinking about the DTT Assassin? But I haven't read enough about it to consider it an option? I will be seeking y'all's help on this, and I will probably start a thread on the Cummins Forum to get all the opinions I can. . . Thanks

My honest opinion, is that a 150 is over kill, and alot of stuff is over kill. go with either an AD or a FASS 95gph pump. don't go with the DDRP or HPFP, because they are not true kits, just replacements. the DDRP and HPRP move about 70 gallons per hour which is about double what the stock carter system moves. 95gph is more then enough. My advice is go for one of the full replacement setups either the fass 95 or the AD 95, i prefer FASS since it more or less is a bolt on DIY kit. the new FASS pumps now come with the proer nipples and you can use spin on fleetguard filters now, instead of the FASS specific ones from the past. (they were Fleetguard filters, but were hard to get. http://www.fassride.com/shop/fuel-air-separation-systems/fass-hd-series.php I have the HD series, and the 95gph one, and it supplies more fuel pressure then i will ever need. and if you are worried about psi, get some USCG approved steel renforced fuel line (1/2) and get a 1/2 draw straw and run it from your tank to your fass, then run 3/8's every where else, you will notice almost 0 psi loss since the negative side has more volume now.

The sad thing is, there's not an option in this poll for me! :doh: But what do you expect with a stock LP. 5 1/2 PSI at idle and I bet y'all can guess what it is at WOT? :banghead: ZERO!!! So the truck is parked in the barn, no more hauling cows or hauling feed until a new LP is on.

My 01 was like that.. Actually, it would prime up to 15psi.. Then I'd start it, and idling, it would slowly drop to 0psi, over the course of about 10-15 sec. It wasnt the filter in the canister. I replaced that. Then I dropped the tank, and cleaned the sock. Bingo! Been okay, for the past 1.5 yrs.

• 3 weeks later...

I read almost everything posted on several Diesel websites, and I have had vp44 and lift pump problems. I replaced my lift pump and vp44 about two years ago and chose the FASS DDRP-2. I use the oem fuel filter and have a AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Guage. At Idle the Fass lp produces twenty four pounds of fuel pressure. Crusing the freeway at sixty five mph the Fass lp produces a steady flow of eighteen pounds of pressure. WOT twelve to fourteen pounds fp. My 1998 Cummins 24V runs like a clock and It's totally stock. I own a small farm in Alabama and raise some nice cattle. I pull my Cattle trailer sometimes loaded and keep up with the best/newest 4x4 trucks on the roads with no exceptions. So Texas CTD-WillM Don't be afaraid of the FASS DDRP, they are affordable and the cattle can easily pay for it, just like mine did.Kerley

Yeah, this thing should be bullet proof. I just hope I install it right. :lmao: I'm having some trouble with draw straw stuff, but I'll get it worked out. This is all a first for me. :think:

I think I am going to use a fuel sump. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2