• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

industrial injection anyone heard of them???

Was looking through Fuel pump options and came across this place. industrialinjection.com They rebuild fuel injection pumps for diesel engines and tout their abilities, as do all companies, however, may be something to it... http://www.industrialinjection.com/shop/category/pumps/dodge-injection-pumps/ Curious if anyone knows of these guys or not, interested about experiences.

Its been a couple years, but I think I have bought something from them. I get e-mails from them ocassionally. They do have a reputation and I'm sure they are just as good as any other guy, really. Look for the price, unless its really a company that just stands out.

I have never purchased anything directly from them, but I do believe they are certified VP rebuilder and alot a folks probably have one and dont know it since there are many more sellers than rebuilders. That said I dont remember reading anything bad about them.

• Owner

sounds like my buddy got hosed then. The dodge dealer took him for 48oo and reused the electronics.

Between Diesel Auto Power for his combo package of $970 for VP44 (Industrial Injection VP44) and a Raptor DDRP pump... Then I typically charge $300 for a labor and will do the VP44 where the truck sits along the road, in your yard, etc. That's a total of $1270 bucks. Oh yeah... Mitchell One and AllData both say 4 hours shop labor to change a VP44 pump. Just for fun go over to Diesel Auto Power and Vulcan Performance and take notice both sell VP44 with NEW electronics.

Yes Industrial Injection is a Certified Bosch re-builder. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/247-bosch-certified-vp44-injection-pump-rebuildersAlso it's now Bosch Policy that all rebuilt VP44 MUST return the electronics as core to Bosch for replacement. Reusing electronics is no longer permitted from what I've been told. So that is Bosch Network wide now. :cool:

Is this very recent? Just within the last few months a member here reported calling a distributor and they informed him their pumps had used fcm's. I think it's great if Bosch finally stepped up to the plate and mandated this, Chip Fischer was one of the very few rebuilders who held fast to the "new only" concept from the beginning.

• Owner

Definitely see the benefit to the "Diesel Auto Power for his combo package of $970" that is a darn good deal whether or not you need the pickup pump from the prices I have seen else where...

Here is DAP's page

http://www.dieselautopower.com/product-p/vp44-combo.htm

Here is Vulcan's

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Bosch-VP44-p/vp44.htm

Take notice both are listed with NEW electronics.

I'd just work with jacob. DAP.Good peoples.

Better prices with the package deal too.I looked at industrial's page and saw they do use new electronics, however, they say Bosch parts..The one thing I read on here about the Bosch parts is them not being properly de-burred is the issue that causes their failure, so if they just use Bosch parts then it would not be as worth it.I think my biggest issue with just buying parts from another place such as DAP or Vulcan is the possibility they would be Cardone rebuilds.I will pay another $200 not to get Cardone, I think they are inferior compared top even Napa...I may be a little picky, but, Autozone has sold me more than one bunk Cardone part. Lifetime warranties loose their value when you have to replace the parts more than once...The time spent doing the work getting dirty just to have to do it all over is just horrible!!! Edited by eddielee
  • Like 1

Just remember, Cardone does not rebuild the pumps. They get them from the same folks as others do. I dont believe that even that even Cardone would give a lifetime warranty on a VP. I also do not believe that Bosch will allow a certified rebuilder to use other than Bosch parts for a rebuild. I remember a couple of articles about a deburring issue on a sleeve for a piston that has been resolved a good while back. That part of my memory is a bit fuzzy. So in a nut shell DAP or Vulcan is not going to get the pump from Cardone. I have dealt with both DAP and Vulcan and they are both top notch vendors.