• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Boss Or Assassin

I got a small refund from Uncle Sam this week and I am planning on installing a mechanical fuel pump.  My question is whether I should go with the Assassin or Fuel Boss--what is the good, the bad, and the ugly of each.  I know these topics have been beat almost to death but if you can point me in a direction of an article that has already compared the two that would more than suffice.  I have searched through the different forums but I was hoping for a little bit more.

Thanks,

I believe they are about the same, same principal of a mechanical lift pump running off the crank. All based off the MITUSA if i'm not mistaken. Call them both and pick their brains is the best answer...leave a message with richard at GDP and he will get back to you that same day.

• Staff

:iagree:

I always do, and luckily I never had to use them..... Except for once, and it was because of my stupidity.

I've done the same thing.... woke up one morning at the pump having put in too many hours at work I realized I had just put 15 gallons of gas in my truck :wow: :banghead:

:iagree:

I always do, and luckily I never had to use them..... Except for once, and it was because of my stupidity.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of "stupidity" would result in changing a belt?

Thanks all for the replies and advice.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of "stupidity" would result in changing a belt?

Thanks all for the replies and advice.

I didn't need to change the belt.

I had my regulator apart to shim it. The shim was enough, but I just thought I'd stretch the spring just a little, you know, nothing major... Well I was pressed for time, and I didn't start the truck to check the pressure. The next morning I get in the truck to take a 2 hour trip, and it idled at 13-14 PSI or so, and under light throttle, my pressure gauge was pegged. :duh: I had to pull over a couple of times to cut the spring down to get my pressure right.

I am running one of the first production runs of the Assassin pumps and aside from changing an improperly deflected belt ( my fault) I have not had any issues.  on a rare occasion I will get a spike of 22psi instead of 21psi but I haven't ever had low pressure, leaks, or any other faults.  I have had it on my list for a while to do a rail mount 2 mic filter and separator but have been running the stock filter set up since install.  I have taken mine apart several times to check for the elusive debri some have issues with and have not found any yet.  I did have a bit of slow customer service to receive mine but I was also forewarned by Stefan beforehand so I couldn't and didn't complain.  I consider myself lucky I guess, but I really like my Assassin.  I don't remember when I installed it but its been quite a while back now.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys. I think I am going to start checking into getting a fuel boss in the next couple weeks. I will probably do the beans diesel sump in the tank as well. I am just getting tired of always wondering if my raptor 100 will "get me there". It is still rock steady with pressure so dont think it will go out soon, but you never really know.

What is everyones thoughts on the fuel boss? Anything I need to watch out for as far as installation or parts? Thanks fam!

If you can stick it out for another year or so, as I do not know what the time table is for it, but it would be worth it; you may want to wait until something else comes onto the scene, soon. I don't think I'm really at liberty to really mention much else, but when it comes out, I'm ditching my AD.

If you can stick it out for another year or so, as I do not know what the time table is for it, but it would be worth it; you may want to wait until something else comes onto the scene, soon. I don't think I'm really at liberty to really mention much else, but when it comes out, I'm ditching my AD.

I have thought about that too. To be honest though, I want to get away from electric pumps all together. I know the proposed upcoming products are going to be awesome, but just the thought of not having to rely on electricity to keep the VP happy is a BIG plus for me.

And the other thought I have, will the raptor keep going that long? I got mine right in the middle of the "trouble" period last spring and I am kind of amazing I have never had a problem with it.

Edited by Ilikeoldfords