• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

I would have to go back and look thru old posts, but the specs on the Bladerunner are horrible at best. It doesn't have the compressor map to be a useful turbo, but for some reason the compressor map has been removed from the website????

I'd look for a different turbo.

• Owner

Typically I suggest using a smaller injector but using a fuel module like Edge Juice or Edge Comp for management of fuel and added fuelling. Using a large nozzle might reduce MPG's for a daily driver. But if this truck is going to be strictly strip and track then I say go for it. Grab the big injectors and a module.

How much of an MPG loss? Just 1-2 or more? I am not really concerned about max MPG. I am getting 23-24 now with my current set up.  I would like more performance out of it . That's why I was thinking turbo and injecors . I just don't know which turbo since I guess the AFE is junk. 

If its just the fuel in your sig ....... you want a superB or a he351cw.

+2 for the Super B.  Not too long ago, there was a very good article comparing the top rated turbo's in Diesel power magazine.   IIRC the Super B was one of the top contenders.  The best overall setup was twins but that drives the cost immensely higher. 

Take a look and see what you think.  Hope this helps answer your questions. 

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/1311_which_turbo_is_best_for_you_upgrading_your_diesels_turbocharger/

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/dodge/1209dp_the_worlds_biggest_turbo_test/viewall.html

Edited by LiveOak

• Staff

Those kind of turbo tests are a joke at best, unless your truck lives at WOT.

In the real world the slowest spooling turbo is NOT the best towing turbo.. It doesn't work that way.

I could go on and on about the uselessness of that series of tests, but I think it's rather apparent.

So I guess The super B single is the way to go. I had looked at it. I just don't know much about BD turbos 

In my opinion, I think the stock turbo will produce pretty much all you want once you get some decent size injectors.  Before I would go with the Super B turbo or any turbo producing more boost than the stock turbo or much over 30 psi, I would strongly recommend installing ARP head studs to maximize the chances against blowing the OEM head gasket.  I realize there are folks out there who are running the OEM head bolts and gasket with bigger turbo's and boost approaching the upper 30's psi or near 40 psi but I think they are taking a risk in doing so.  The transmission is a weak point once you up the power as well.  I am running the OEM turbo and I have to be careful especially when pulling or hauling a heavy load as my set up can easily slip the OEM clutch and achieve 36 psi boost if not careful.  I try my best to stay under 30 psi.  Better to match the engine components to work together and compliment each other in making reliable and consistent power.