• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mike will you please be more specific as to exactly what you want.

I used to donate $6-7 a month on another (non-truck) forum to remove the Google ad banner.  I decided to shift that money here.   ($7 x 12 = $84)    

I like the new donation process so I can review when I last donated & how much...    

Edited by flagmanruss
  • Like 1

This site has been the instigator for me spending more money than I had ever intended on my truck.  Before following this site I was perfectly content driving my truck stock.  I'm not sure how much money this site has saved me? :spend:

Of course I say this all tongue-in-cheek :wink:  .  While I haven't had the issues with my truck that so many have had with theirs, I have gained a wealth of information from reading the daily post of others.

I've said before and I'll say it again, it will always be a challenge to get people to pay for something that they can get for free elsewhere on the internet.  Only after realizing the amount of information that this site offers will a person begin to understand that the price is worth it.  Just over $1.60 a month is a bargain to have access to the downloads and articles.  I am not convinced that relying on members and dealers for membership dues is sustainable, IMHO.  I imagine a vendor is concerned about the amount of traffic this site sees vs others on the WWW.  My squadron is always looking for money for retirement and holiday parties and we have guys that peddle t-shirts, hoodies, beanies, koozies, coins and other tchotchkes that bring in enough revenue to meet our needs.  I'm not big on putting stickers on my truck, but I'd buy one and I'd wear a t-shirt with the site logo.  Start out small (XL for me) and increase production as orders/money come in.  I think it would be a reasonable goal to have a window sticker and t-shirt available by the end of the year and next year add another item or two.  Let's get some t-shirts out there and then create a photo gallery of people in Mopar1973man.com apparel posing around the country/globe.  It would continue to strengthen the family-feel of the site and help recruit the experience of others.

Michael, I didn't know that is how this site got started and that is a great story.  I appreciate your efforts in in keeping this going and I would hate to see all of your latest efforts still running the path of running out of money and the site shutting down.  Please don't take my comments as critical, I am just trying to throw in my 2 cents.  Who knows, maybe one of my bad ideas will be the catalyst for someone coming up with a great idea. 

• Like 2

• Owner

This why I'm pushing for more vendor advertisement so we can lighten up on the donations again. If the income becomes stable then things can return to some form of normality. My problem is getting the time to drive to Grangeville, ID and get the artwork so I can bring it back to Riggins, ID to have the original gal do the shirts for me. Then for the stickers I've already tried once but my vector programs doesn't work with the local vinyl cutter shop. So I've got to make time and sit down with my artwork bits and re-master it on his computer which I've been given the green light. Then in the meantime I got to pay my own bills and such to stay alive so I work 6 days a week again from 8-5pm with Lindy. So my free time is really limited. I need a second "Me" or a "Mini Me" to do the running around and getting these thing done. Sad part no one lives near me.

So I'm all for making shirts and stickers as well just need the free time and funds to get rolling. The stainless badges will be here soon and they will be up for sale on the store as soon as I get them.

http://store.mopar1973man.com

• Like 1

Your dollars are like votes...  votes to keep this site open for us to use & learn.  EVEN though I have to (usually) pay someone to do the actual work, knowing what I want done is invalueable.  I am glad to chip in my share. 

Edited by flagmanruss
  • Like 1

I look at it this way. You can pick up a service manual on CD for about 35.00. So, for instance, when you have a problem like death wobble or wandering on your 2nd gen you can go to the manual, perform all of the diagnostic procedures, and find out according the the factory service manual your truck is fine.  Also, there is not a section in there about installing a BHAF, modifying your crankcase vent, replacing the junk stock lift pump before it kills your VP44,or high idle mod. the list goes on and on.  So, if you buy the manual and strictly adhere to everything in it, you will wind up throwing thousands of dollars down the drain and your truck will never be reliable or durable. On the other hand, you can make a donation here, and find everything you need to know about making your truck reliable and on the road for as long as you want to keep it. If it was even possible to take all of the information here and put it in a book and sell it, I would be afraid to even guess what that would cost. So I'll keep donating what I can, when I can, because it's worth it to me every time I get in that ol' 99 model pickup and grin from ear to ear when I floor the go pedal.

• Like 4

I was unaware of the efforts and monies put out by Micheal and the rest of the staff I am greatly appreciative of what you have done and are doing you will see a good donation from me as soon as I get myself moved to my new house.

For the record I have a Chrysler service manual with Cummins supplement together they cost over 200 and I have referenced this site as many if not more times than that manual so 10 for six months isn't bad after reading through the efforts put in by others to keep this great reference going I feel that I owe you guys the cost of a manual along with the monthly donations.  I didn't hear mentioned was how much money this website has saved you on being able to know where others made mistakes and what not to do and/or what parts to stay away from I'll put my hand up and say over a grand easily.....    

let me know if you need help with printing graphics or doing shirts I have access to large printers and presses that you can print out a graphic that you can wrap a whole car with and we'll return the favor you gave us for so many years Mike and give you a smoking deal probably could even send a batch or two for free depending on how many you want and what I'm thinking is a 6 inch or 12 inch window sticker for 5-10 kinda like an aftermarket parts vendor sticker. 

Edited by MoparFreak1988

• Owner
I was unaware of the efforts and monies put out by Micheal and the rest of the staff

It amazing the amount of time and effort that has to go into a web site to make it work.

let me know if you need help with printing graphics or doing shirts I have access to large printers and presses that you can print out a graphic that you can wrap a whole car with and we'll return the favor you gave us for so many years Mike and give you a smoking deal probably could even send a batch or two for free depending on how many you want and what I'm thinking is a 6 inch or 12 inch window sticker for 5-10 kinda like an aftermarket parts vendor sticker.

You might want to call me and we'll talk about it more.

Mopar1973Man, I’m glad I saw this post. For one, there is no other forum like the one you created. It is like a big family of members. Personally you should make money off this site. No one knows the sacrifice you have made over the years to put keep it going. I’ll bet there isn’t a single member, rich or poor that would spend the time to help others like you have. It’s more than a note book of repairs, pictures, and call me if I can help! You do have a lot of free loaders and it all comes out as soon as a dollar amount is established. I’m on Social Security and you know I give beyond what is required every opportunity I can. The knowledge on your site is tremendous, and I am also thanking those close to you that have contributed so much in knowledge and articles. I usually sit back and read everything because I feel awkward replying to a thread or article. But I don’t mind being vocal now because it’s time you to stand up and put your foot down and tell all the free-loaders not to let the door hit them on the way out. You have given your knowledge away and not even received a thank you. You have given more than any donor has since the doors were opened until the current just in what you have shared with us. The money you have saved me in repairs is much appreciated and I will continue to give beyond what you ask to keep this forum alive. I am going to find you a vendor, and I will pay for that vendor to advertise on your forum for 1 year. It will take me till July to save $350.00 but that is what I am going to do and I would expect this vendor to renew his advertisement on his own just based on the volume of customers he will get from Mopar1973Man.com. I don’t have much but one thing for certain, you can never call me cheap, I pay my way and what I give in donations usually covers the free-loaders that don’t. Don’t let these individuals pull you down and delegate authority to your BoD to get the rest you need to carry on. Thank you MoparMom for what you have contributed to your son, it has helped each and every one of us.

Best Regards For the Best Forum Online,

• Like 1

• Owner

What is the yearly cost on the servers and such? I've been away from this caught up in the real world.

Using information from last year and adjusting for this years cost I'm figure on total operation cost of about $2,500 roughly as it stands right now. Which will most likely change because I've got to build the store up for security and SSL Certificates are very expensive.

Like the first thing to sell out of the store is going to be these badges.

post-1-0-79834500-1426807382_thumb.jpg

Give me a bit of time I've got a few things to set up and get my shipping straighten out a bit before I place them.

• Owner

Another thought. If I was to hit the donation amount each month. That's $4,800 for the year. Then deduct the expenses of $2,500 (projected). That's $2300 profit for the year, or $191 a month, $6.38 per day. That's not much really. I make better money working with Lindy as Diesel Mechanic at $20 a hour.

But I don’t mind being vocal now because it’s time you to stand up and put your foot down and tell all the free-loaders not to let the door hit them on the way out. You have given your knowledge away and not even received a thank you. You have given more than any donor has since the doors were opened until the current just in what you have shared with us.

I'm still giving more than I'm getting. I still lay in bed at night with my laptop and still working HTML and PHP code every night. I'm still doing my coding and web site administration for nothing. When you look at the national average for web site admin at $70k a year. I know this little site could never create that kind of income but geez... $6.38 per day I know 99.9% of the people get paid better at there jobs.

post-1-0-76096400-1426810544_thumb.png

To hit that mark I would be $5,833 a month. The donations are at $400 a month now...

Using information from last year and adjusting for this years cost I'm figure on total operation cost of about $2,500 roughly as it stands right now. Which will most likely change because I've got to build the store up for security and SSL Certificates are very expensive.

Like the first thing to sell out of the store is going to be these badges.

attachicon.gifDSCF2924.JPG

Give me a bit of time I've got a few things to set up and get my shipping straighten out a bit before I place them.

That badge looks nice! I'll have to get one once you get the store all setup.

I personally think the donations are chicken feed, there should be a 50.00 fee at least. How much does it cost to get some info from Dodge the next time your truck throws a code. You wont get it, will you.
I think you should have a donation set up every time you need info on how to set valves, injection pump, how to clean injectors. 

• Owner

I personally think the donations are chicken feed, there should be a 50.00 fee at least. How much does it cost to get some info from Dodge the next time your truck throws a code. You wont get it, will you.

I think you should have a donation set up every time you need info on how to set valves, injection pump, how to clean injectors. 

Even if I follow his example...

https://www.autorepairhelp.us/

But then certain amount of the members would most likely bail out to degree.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I had to remove this post without making an idiot of myself. I hope I got here in time. Michael please check this and make certain it is all gone. I didn't get the email or know that the new vendor signed on.

Edited by SLT5Spd99

Already done... Parleys is added to the vendor pool as of this evening...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/forum/166-parleys-diesel-performance/

Thank you Paul for your efforts. :thumb1::cool:

You gotta be kidding me, I looked all over and found absolutely no sales on Smarty, 2 days after purchasing one form another dealer you post a new vendor selling them for 100 bucks less than what I bought for. :doh:

http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/t/manufacturer/smarty

You gotta be kidding me, I looked all over and found absolutely no sales on Smarty, 2 days after purchasing one form another dealer you post a new vendor selling them for 100 bucks less than what I bought for. :doh:

http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/t/manufacturer/smarty

Send it back and buy one from a vendor!! Let's support the guys who support us!