• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Teardown and Rebuild

I'll try to take a picture of the other side. The probe is dead center of the cover plate. The fill plug is almost level with the higher bolt on the side, and there is an extra quart of fluid in it. I would guess the probe is about 2 inches below the fluid level. 

15 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I'll try to take a picture of the other side. The probe is dead center of the cover plate. The fill plug is almost level with the higher bolt on the side, and there is an extra quart of fluid in it. I would guess the probe is about 2 inches below the fluid level. 

That's a pretty sweet set up.  The coolers that you installed come in a pair correct?  Is it just one of them that is tapped for a drain plug or a probe like you had it at first or do they both have that? The way you have it set up now you don't use that plug/probe fitting now?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

That's a pretty sweet set up.  The coolers that you installed come in a pair correct?  Is it just one of them that is tapped for a drain plug or a probe like you had it at first or do they both have that? The way you have it set up now you don't use that plug/probe fitting now?

Yes, they come in a pair and only one is drilled and tapped. It would be really easy to drill and tap the other one though. Correct both holes are now plugged. Fast decided to drill the small hole 1/4in NPT instead of 1/8in NPT so I had to use a reducer and that caused a bad temp reading. In the cover the temp probe is accurate with a temp gun :thumbup2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dripley said:

Both of mine came tapped. Dont remember if both are the same, but i put one high and one low. Los for the temp probe and high for filling.

4 hours ago, AH64ID said:

They are both tapped the same IIRC. One is use for temp and the other as a fill port. 

Maybe this is how they used to do it, but not anymore. I called Genos and they would only send me one that was drilled and tapped. I asked for two and they said to drill and tap it myself :lol: 

1/4in NPT on the temp probe (Not sure why.... almost all sensors are 1/8in)

1/2in or 3/8in NPT for the fill. 

The other cooler has no holes anymore!

• 1 month later...

Got the interior all fixed up after the truck being stolen. Had some broken wires in in the stereo harness because they didn't unplug them, they just pulled. They also blew all four speakers..... must have had them BLASTED. Now they're upgraded to Pioneers all the way around. Got a new deck put in as well. Can't beat $20 - bought it from my sister!

Picked up the key lock switch and lock cylinder, and both door lock cylinders. Then had the dealership re-key the ignition lock cylinder to match the doors. 

I installed some ways to kill the truck which will not be disclosed here. 

I am having a very expensive security system installed Saturday as well. I'm not going to say what's in it, but it's going to cost me well over a grand. I'll be getting the paint fixed at the end of the coming summer. Can't afford to have it down over winter. 

IMG_20161016_185825536_zpsuvtibge7.jpg

IMG_20161016_185832459_zps7mdl9tmx.jpg

IMG_20161016_205306272_zpsqqieyvgs.jpg

Got some steps for the truck the other day. Couldn't beat 50 bucks! They really help for the days after squat day :lmao: 

Anyway, I need some opinions.... Do I spray them with bedliner to match the rockers, or just paint them black? 

IMG_20161024_165629513_zps0flfevca.jpg

7 hours ago, notlimah said:

Dude where you been?!? 

I vote paint, bed liner gets slippery when wet unless you make it ultra rough, but slickness + leg day = mega fail 

Didn't have the truck for a month and a half, swamped by school, put truck back together, swamped by school, do some testing for quad, swamped by school :lol:  Many say masters degrees are easier... not at this school!

Anyway, there are flat plastic pads near each door that I'll get a picture of. I would remove them or bedline around them if I used the bedliner :thumbup2: 

4 hours ago, dripley said:

I would not have thought bed liner would get slick when was wet. Goes to show what I know. But I dont think you were going to spray the step pads also, were  you. The pads on mine are not slick wet or dry. 

You're correct. Which way would you lean? 

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Isn't there a flat part on top of them for a step? Mine is flat corrugated to make non skid that is made of thick plastic.

I vote you paint them gun metal black/grey with a matt finish.:thumb1:

Hmm, you've given me lots to think about!

I may try painting them, then if I don't like it I can always sand em down and spray them with the bedliner. Can't really do it the other way. 

48 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Didn't have the truck for a month and a half, swamped by school, put truck back together, swamped by school, do some testing for quad, swamped by school :lol:  Many say masters degrees are easier... not at this school!

Anyway, there are flat plastic pads near each door that I'll get a picture of. I would remove them or bedline around them if I used the bedliner :thumbup2: 

Pssssshhhhhhh school?! Masters?! meh! j/k! At least you're busy doing important things!

My point with bedliner on the rails is unless you have a super cheap discount on it, then just paint em. They're both as slippery when wet if you miss the rubber piece so it's really just a preference thing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notlimah said:

My point with bedliner on the rails is unless you have a super cheap discount on it, then just paint em. They're both as slippery when wet if you miss the rubber piece so it's really just a preference thing!

Well I still have leftover bedliner from doing the front bumper, so it's free other than my own time. 

Guess I've got some thinking to do. Thanks! :thumbup2: 

Yup! Either way I think it'll look good. I thought about doing the same thing on the wife's truck. She has a 2014 GMC Sierra and the rear bumper has cutouts for foot holds, which are just plastic and get really slippery when even a little damp, so I figured if I had line-x spray it, it would help add some 'tacky-ness' but the guy at the shop told me it'd be a waste of time as the line-x gets just as slippery. I was pretty surprised by that but I took his advise and saved my money lol.

2014-GMC-Sierra-SLE-Regular-Cab-rear-bumper-step.jpg

Honestly, you'll probably be fine either way since you had the rubber foot stops, and since you have left over spray liner, I'd just line it!  :cool: