• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

I am thinking pre-1967 mustang or falcon.   It has a single reservoir master cylinder.   Kinda confused by the double brace to the fender.   I had '68 cougars and a 67 mustang neither had a tower support and a support going forward of that.  One of my best friends had a '65, but we never pulled the motor out and i just don't remember that brace.

Hag 

Yall' are good! It's my father in-law's 66' Mustang convertible rally edition. He just got it a couple weeks ago, it's all original except for the paint. That's the original engine, it's been rebuild and only has ~1500 miles on it. 

Well we're finally back home! Last night was the first night we've spent here in almost 4 months.

rps20160805_083006.jpg

Edited by The_Hammer
  • Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So how high is that now? Those are just cinder blocks? How do you keep them from toppling over with settling or shifting? 

X2, Man, you need some X bracing on that. Bottom of the X's anchored in Concrete. Top bolted to the floor framing. Perhaps a temporary support system and then get the foundation in right?

Edited by JAG1

That is standard practice for most mobile homes in the south east. With tie downs of course. Tie downs are just augured into the dirt the same way the do guys for power poles.  

Good to hear you made it home.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dripley said:

That is standard practice for most mobile homes in the south east. With tie downs of course. Tie downs are just augured into the dirt the same way the do guys for power poles.  

Good to hear you made it home.

That's exactly how we're anchoring it down. 

Believe it or not the way we lifted it meets city code (we don't have to follow it since we're not in the city but wanted a guideline to go by). Once everything is situated you can go back and jack up the house by each stack of blocks, remove the two top blocks, then fill the stack with concrete. This is also the way they build a lot of beach houses which are hurricane rated. 

A little history on this house....

At one time my grandparents and great grandparents (both on my mom's side) lived out here. My grandparents lived in a trailer house and my great grandparents lived in this house. It's only 450 sq ft and was built locally back in the 60's. My great grandparents came from the time of small cabins out in the woods with no electricity, no plumbing, and dirt floors. They didn't want anything larger than this house and thought it was a mansion with air conditioning and all. The house remained unchanged for many years until my parents sold the lot it was on after my great grandparents had passed and my grandparents moved. Years later they ended up buying it back.

Later on (back around 97') my Grandma Krpec (dad's mom) passed and my dad inherited 7 acres. We ended up digging two ponds and moving this house out to that 7 acres over looking the ponds. Eventually we moved it back out here and sold that land due to falling on hard times.

I've lived in this place off and on for last ~12 years. Had a rent house in town for a while with my ex-fiancé, that ended very badly and moved back here. I moved to a town about an hour away for a new job that ended up being a bust and moved back again. My gf and I have been together almost 7 years and she's lived out here with me for the last 4. We've decided this is where we want to live for the long haul, flooding river be damned. This little house has seen a lot over the years and I'm pretty sure it was worth the original $3k price too lol.

I know to some the hassle of dealing with the river seems like a valid reason to leave and not come back. I've tried leaving a couple of times and ended up completely miserable. This is my home and there is a LOT of history here. Even though the river has been my best friend and my worst enemy I'm tied to. It's a part of me and helped make me who I am. Like the Alan Jackson song "Home" says, "They'll never be another place in this world that I'll call home." 

• Like 3

• Owner
4 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

I know to some the hassle of dealing with the river seems like a valid reason to leave and not come back. I've tried leaving a couple of times and ended up completely miserable. This is my home and there is a LOT of history here. Even though the river has been my best friend and my worst enemy I'm tied to. It's a part of me and helped make me who I am. Like the Alan Jackson song "Home" says, "They'll never be another place in this world that I'll call home."

Absolutely... I totally understand that. Kind of like where I'm at in Idaho I've never found another place like it yet. Like even dealing with the guest house flooding out twice now. I still won't give up I continue to hold tight to this place. 

• Like 1

You'd be surprised how many people don't understand stand that. A good example can be seen on one of the gun forums I frequent. Those who live behind enemy lines (so to speak) in ban states are always told they need to move to a free state like it's no big deal. Plenty of those people have lived there their entire lives along with their entire family and have careers that took many years to build up. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thank you, it was really hard to do and you should attempt only if you have loads of time to preplan everything for a good outcome. It was a real head twister when you cut and then commit to getting it right.

I don't recommend it but a lot of you guys are real  engineers from things I've seen/ read  on here.

• Like 3